Air Fryer Oreo Cheesecake is amazing! Filled with crushed Oreos, this is the perfect dessert for everyone, young and old. And if you love Oreos, this is the perfect cheesecake for you. And I added even more Oreos with crushed Oreos on top!
This is a rich and delicious dessert. Made with a crushed Oreo bottom, I added traditional cheesecake batter on top and added more crushed Oreos inside the filling, and of course, it added some more as a topping. This is loaded with OREOS, so if you love Oreos or have someone that does, this is a great dessert.
If you are looking for other easy and yummy air fryer dessert recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS CHOCOLATE GLAZED DONUTS, AIR FRYER PULL-APART ROLLS, and AIR FRYER SLICE AND BAKE COOKIES.
MAKING CHEESECAKE IN THE AIR FRYER
If you have never made cheesecake in the air fryer, it is super easy. All you really need to do is take any traditional cheesecake recipe and adapt it for your air fryer.
While a traditional oven or even Instant Pot Cheesecake can take over an hour to bake up, the air fryer cheesecake is done in under 20 minutes.
So, while you may think of a cheesecake as a long process, it’s a relatively quick dessert to prepare in the air fryer.
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER OREO CHEESECAKE
While I used the regular ingredients you would use in a traditional cheesecake; this cheesecake star is clearly the Oreos.
My advice would be to use a thinner pan than you would use in a water bath in the oven. Another great option would be a springform pan (thin).
Be sure to use air fryer pot holders to grab your pan. Otherwise, you will be burning yourself. (affiliate link)
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Oreo Cheesecake
This would make excellent homemade cheesecake. If you were looking for a traditional recipe, you could omit the Oreos for a great and easy vanilla air fryer cheesecake. Today, I used these ingredients:
- Cream Cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Heavy Cream
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Oreo Cheesecake
Start by making the cheesecake crust: Add the Oreos to a ziplock bag and use either your hands or a rolling pin to crush the Oreos. Add 1/2 cup to a large mixing bowl.
Pour the melted butter into the crushed Oreos, mix well.
Pour the Oreos onto the bottom of the pan. Air fry the crust for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Then Make The Filling: In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and egg, mix well.
Fold in the rest of the Oreos, mix well.
Spread the cheesecake batter on top. Set the pan into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. Place the cooked cheesecake into the refrigerator to firm up for about 3-4 hours.
Then make the homemade whipped cream, add heavy cream, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl, mix with a hand mixer until fluffy and soft peaks form.
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe-
How Long Will This Cheesecake Last?
This cheesecake is really meant to be eaten with a week. I would suggest that you keep it well covered in the refrigerator, as the cheesecake does not absorb other flavors from the refrigerator.
Due to the ingredients in this recipe, I would not leave them out on the counter for an extended period of time. This dessert is best cold; if left at room temperature, the whipped cream will melt.
CAN I FREEZE OREO CHEESECAKE?
Yes, if you want to make this ahead of time, this cheesecake does very well frozen. Make it as directed in the recipe card below, then freeze.
I would hold off on the whipped cream until serving day. But wrap the frozen cheesecake very well in plastic wrap, then to use, place it into the refrigerator the day before you would want to serve it.
WHAT PAN CAN I USE?
This is one of the most common questions I get asked, and my answer is always the same. It really depends on how big your air fryer is. Use a pan you have around the house, or if you are going to order a special pan, here are some of my favorites for this recipe (affiliate links included)
Oreos are considered Vegan since they do not contain any animal products. Or any animal-derived ingredients. However, they are produced in the same factory as other products which do contain meat components.
Therefore cross contamination may occur.
PRO TIPS FOR THE BEST AIR FRYER OREO CHEESECAKE RECIPE
- Start with room temperature cream cheese, as it will mix so much better than cold cream cheese.
- The cheesecake does firm up nicely after refrigeration, so do not over-bake/air fry.
- I would add the whipped cream, right before serving, for the best results and flavor.
- If you want to change the recipe up a bit, add some mint Oreos or any holiday flavored Oreos, which would be a great and easy seasonal dessert for Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, or Halloween.
SOME OTHER GREAT AIR FRYER DESSERTS-
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOMINO’S BREAD TWISTS
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY DONUTS
- NINJA FOODI COPYCAT STARBUCKS COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER OREO CINNAMON ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin-Print
There is nothing better for dessert than a giant Oreo Cheesecake (or cheesecake in general) today; I give you a very easy recipe for Oreo Cheesecake.
- 15 Oreos (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Start by making the cheesecake crust: Add the Oreos to a ziplock bag and use either your hands or a rolling pin to crush the Oreos. Add 1/2 cup to a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted butter into the crushed Oreos, mix well. Pour the Oreos onto the bottom of the pan. Air fry the crust for about 4 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Then Make The Filling: In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and egg, mix well. Fold in the rest of the Oreos, mix well.
- Spread the cheesecake batter on top. Set the pan into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. Place the cooked cheesecake into the refrigerator to firm up for about 3-4 hours.
- Then make the homemade whipped cream, add heavy cream, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl, mix with a hand mixer until fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
This will make two small cakes or 1 larger cake. That will depend on what air fryer you own and how big of a pan you use.
Keywords: Air Fryer Oreo Cheesecake