Air Fryer Turkey Wings — Move over, buffalo wings. There’s a new player in town, and its name is air fryer turkey wings. Crispy on the outside and juicy inside, these bad boys are impossible to resist. So grab your favorite hot sauce and dig in!
This is an excellent alternative to a whole turkey bird for Thanksgiving dinner! There is nothing better than a batch of juicy wings! Of course, with the air fryer, they are easy enough to have a batch as a main dish any day of the week. The whole family will go ga-ga over this new family dinner recipe!
Air Fried Turkey Wing Recipe
If you’re craving a mouthwatering delight, look no further than turkey wings. These delectable treats are easy to make and healthier than traditional deep-frying methods. In this recipe, we’ll show you how to achieve perfectly cooked turkey wings in your air fryer. Prepare to savor every bite of these delicious wings that will become a perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Both keto friendly, low-carb, and low in fat, everyone will love this great appetizer!
Our Latest YouTube Video
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Turkey Wings
These ingredients create flavorful, perfectly seasoned Air Fryer Turkey Wings.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Fresh Turkey Wings: Meaty and delicious. Choose wings from the butcher counter.
- Olive Oil: Helps crisp the turkey wings and richness to the dish.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Season your wings to enhance their taste.
- Smoked Paprika: For the wings’ mild, smoky flavor and a beautiful reddish hue.
- Garlic Powder: Savory, garlicky essence.
- Onion Powder: Complements the meat and a subtle sweetness.
- Dried Thyme: Dried thyme brings a herby aroma and earthy undertones to the wings
How To Cook Delicious Turkey Wings In Air Fryer
You can have a great batch of flavor-filled wings with simple steps!
Preheat Your Air Fryer: Set your air fryer to 375 degrees F (190°C) for 3-5 minutes.
Prepare the Turkey Wings: Pat the turkey wings dry with paper towels. This helps remove excess moisture, which is essential for achieving crispy baked turkey wings.
Season the Wings: In a bowl, combine olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, onion, and dried thyme. Mix well to create a flavorful seasoning blend.
Coat the Wings: Brush the turkey wings with the seasoning mixture, ensuring they are evenly coated on all sides. This will add flavor.
Air Fry the Wings: Place the seasoned turkey wings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, ensuring they are not overcrowded. Set cook time for 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through the cooking process. Cooking time may vary depending on the size of the wings and your specific air fryer model, so check for doneness.
Check for Doneness: When the internal temperature of the turkey wings reached 165 degrees F (74°C) and has golden-brown skin. Use a meat thermometer to ensure they are cooked to the correct temperature.
Serve: Once done, remove the turkey wings from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute and ensures they stay juicy.
Optional Sauce: For added flavor, you can serve the turkey wings with your favorite dipping sauce, such as barbecue or hot sauce.
Achieving juicy and flavorful wings in your air fryer can be a breeze with these pro tips:
- Remove Moisture: Pat the turkey wings with paper towels before seasoning and air frying.
- Season Generously: Don’t be shy with your seasonings. Season the wings generously with spices and herbs to infuse them with flavor.
- Use Oil Sparingly: While a light oil coating can help with browning and crispiness, be mindful not to use too much.
- Heat Your Air Fryer: Preheating your air fryer is essential, just like with an oven. It ensures that the cooking process begins immediately, helping to achieve the best results.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Arrange the wings in the tray, leaving some space between them. Overcrowding can lead to less mushy wings.
- Flip Halfway Through: To ensure even cooking and browning. This will help both sides of the wings become evenly cooked.
- Rest Before Serving: Allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps retain their juiciness and allows the flavors to settle.
Sauce Wisely: If you want to sauce your wings, do it after they’re finished baking.
- Experiment with Flavors: Don’t hesitate to get creative with your seasonings.
Can I cook frozen turkey wings in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen wings in an air fryer. However, you may need to adjust the time. Heat the air fryer for 2-3 minutes to the baking time for frozen wings is recommended.
How long does it take to cook turkey wings in an air fryer?
The cook time for turkey wings in an air fryer can vary depending on their size and the specific air fryer model. On average, it takes about 25-30 minutes at 360-380°F (182-193°C) and continues until they have reached an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C), in the thickest part of the wing.
Should I marinate or season the wings before cooking?
Yes, marinating or seasoning the wings before cooking is a great way to enhance the taste. Marinate them for a few hours, or season them with your preferred spice mix, liquid smoke, lemon pepper, dry rub, or herbs. Letting them sit with the seasonings for a while can enhance the taste.
How do I prevent the turkey wings from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent the wings from sticking, lightly coat them with a non-stick cooking spray on the tray before placing them inside. Using parchment paper or silicone liners can also help.
Can I make wings extra crispy in the air fryer?
Yes, you can achieve extra crispiness by following these tips: ensure the wings are crispy, add a teaspoon of baking powder, coat with oil, and flip the wings halfway through the cooking process.
What dipping sauces go well with turkey wings?
Popular dipping sauces for wings include barbecue, buffalo, honey mustard, ranch dressing, and blue cheese dressing.
How do I reheat leftover turkey wings?
To reheat leftover wings, set the temperature to 350°F (175°C) and heat them for 3-5 minutes or until heated. You can also use a microwave, but the air fryer helps maintain their crispiness.
Can I cook multiple batches of turkey wings in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook multiple batches if your air fryer has enough space. However, avoid overcrowding the basket, which can result in uneven cooking. Cook in batches to maintain the quality of the wings.
How To Store Leftover Wings
Let the wings cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container; they will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Side Dishes To Serve With Air Fryer Turkey Wings:
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER HONEY BALSAMIC CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN KIEV
- FROZEN CHICKEN BREAST IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER BUFFALO CHICKEN KEBABS
- FROZEN CHICKEN PATTIES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CREAM CHEESE AND HERB STUFFED CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER HONEY SRIRACHA CHICKEN
Air Fryer Turkey Wings
- 2 pounds turkey wings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, or sesame oil
- 3-4 tablespoons poultry seasoning, or dry rub
- In a large mixing bowl, place the turkey wings.
- Then pour the olive oil or sesame oil into the bowl and add some rub.
- Use your hands, spread the rub over the turkey wings
- Then place the turkey wings in the air fryer basket, place the basket into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 380 degrees F or 180 degrees C. After 13 minutes, flip the wings with tongs
- When the time is up, set it for another 13 minutes.
- Remove the turkey wings from the air fryer, plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer