Turkey Wings, Turkey Wings, These are awesome, as my kids explained. My kids love eating them at all of the fairs we go to, and so when I purchased my first air fryer, this was one of the first recipes I attempted. And I was sold.
Here are some basic guidelines for making turkey wings, in the air fryer. The same tips can also be used for chicken wings (another important dish when talking about air fryers)
- Seasoning your turkey wings are very important since the turkey will absorb any of the spice or marinade that you use in your recipe.
- Most turkey dishes can be seasoned ahead of time and then place in the refrigerator. Just make sure that you cover the turkey wings tightly, so they do not try out.
- Prepping your meat ahead of time will make for a great mid-week meal. (We all have those days in our schedule)
- The use of olive oil spray with turkey is really important. And, If you have any sort of bread-based batter, you need to GENEROUSLY spray the breading, which really means to coat the entire bread coating with olive oil. This will ensure, that your meat gets no white spots. This is a very common problem in air frying anything with batter. This will also assure you that you get a tender, and juicy turkey dish.
- Always flip the turkey halfway, during the air frying process, and then repeat your olive oil spray again. This way both sides are nice, light, and tender.
- Because eating uncooked tender is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer. (One of the best hints I can give you)
Place the turkey wings into a large mixing bowl. This will allow you to add the olive and spice rub to them.
(It is easier to flavor them)
I used my favorite chicken spice rub, which I can not recommend more, I found it in on Amazon
Run the spice and olive all over the turkey wings, and place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
After cooking, check your turkey wings, (make sure they are cooked) plate and serve.
Here are some other easy turkey recipes, developed just for your air fryer–
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Turkey Wings
Air Fryer Turkey Wings are so easy and delicious without using lots and lots of oil.
Cooking wings in an Air Fryer instead of deep-frying them makes them healthier and clean up easier. They are ready in only 30 minutes and so easy to make!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 pounds Turkey Wings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons chicken rub (see my suggestion in the recipe)
- In a large mixing bowl, place the turkey wings.
- Then pour the olive oil or sesame oil into the bowl and add some rub.
- Use your hands, spread the rub over the turkey wings.
- Then place the turkey wings in the air fryer basket, place the basket into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature for 380 degrees F, or 180 degrees C. After 13 minutes flip the wings with tongs.
- When the time is up, set it for another 13 minutes.
- Remove the turkey wings from the air fryer, plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer turkey wings, easy air fryer turkey recipes