Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast — Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast is a fantastic way to enjoy a tender and flavorful dinner with minimal effort. Using your air fryer, you can achieve juicy turkey perfection with tender meat, making it a perfect choice for a quick and delicious meal.
This makes for a great meal this holiday season and a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal.
Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast Recipe
If you’re craving a mouthwatering turkey dinner without the fuss of roasting a whole bird, you’re in for a treat.
Our Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast recipe delivers a delicious, juicy, and perfectly cooked turkey dinner in a fraction of the time it takes to roast. With the magic of your trusty air fryer, you can have a delectable turkey breast on the table in no time, whether for a special occasion or a weeknight family meal.
This recipe is all about simplicity and flavor, making it an ideal choice for a hassle-free turkey experience with outstanding results. So, preheat your air fryer and dive into this delightful turkey adventure!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast
Air frying boneless turkey breast yields a juicy and flavorful result with a beautifully browned skin. It’s a fantastic option for a quick and delicious turkey dinner any time of the year.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Boneless Turkey Breast: Choose a boneless turkey breast of your preferred size, typically around 2-3 pounds. Make sure it’s thawed if previously frozen.
- Olive Oil: A drizzle of oil helps to coat the meat and promote browning during air frying, keeping it moist and flavorful.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper: Season generously with salt and ground black pepper to enhance taste.
- Herbs and Spices (Optional): You can use a variety of herbs and spices like rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, or paprika to add extra flavor to your turkey breast.
- Butter (Optional): For added richness, you can use a small amount of melted butter to baste the turkey during cooking.
- Broth or Wine (Optional): Adding a splash of chicken broth or white wine to the bottom of the air fryer basket can create a flavorful steam during cooking.
How to Roast Boneless Turkey Breast In Air Fryer
Here are the step-by-step directions for making a perfect turkey roast in your air fryer.
Preheat Your Air Fryer: Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C). Preheating helps ensure even cooking.
Prepare the Turkey Breast:
- Rinse the breast under cold water and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Rub the breast with a small amount of oil. This will help the skin become crispy and add flavor.
- Season generously with salt, pepper, and any preferred herbs or spices. You can use a variety of seasonings, such as rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, or paprika, to suit your taste.
Place in the Air Fryer: Carefully place the seasoned turkey breast into the Air Fryer basket. You may want to use a trivet or rack to elevate it slightly.
Cooking Time: Cook at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 25-30 minutes per pound. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. The turkey is done when it reaches 165°F (74°C) at the thickest part.
Baste (Optional): To add extra flavor and moisture, baste with melted butter, broth, and wine halfway through the cooking time.
Rest and Slice: Once cooked, remove it from the air fryer and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing. This allows the juices to be redistributed and ensures a moist and tender turkey.
Slice and Serve: After resting, slice the turkey breast into thin or thick slices, depending on your preference. Serve it with your favorite side dishes, and enjoy!
Pro Tips For Roasting Boneless Turkey Breast In Air Fryer
- Thaw Completely: Ensure your breast is completely thawed before cooking in the air fryer. Thawing it in the refrigerator is the safest way to prevent bacteria growth.
- Season Generously: Don’t be shy with your seasoning. Rub your turkey breast with a mixture of your favorite herbs, spices, and a bit of oil for extra flavor.
- Flip It: Depending on your air fryer model, consider flipping the turkey breast halfway through the cooking time to ensure even cooking and browning.
- Baste with Butter: If you desire extra moistness and flavor, baste the turkey breast with melted butter or oil during cooking.
- Rest Before Slicing: Allow the cooked turkey breast to rest for a few minutes before slicing. This helps the juices redistribute and keeps the meat tender and juicy.
- Experiment with Seasonings: Feel free to experiment with different herbs, spices, marinades, or rubs to customize the flavor to your liking.
- Keep an Eye on Cooking Time: Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of your turkey breast. Keep a close eye on it during the last few minutes to avoid overcooking.
- Don’t Overcrowd: If you’re cooking multiple turkey breasts, ensure enough space between them in the air fryer basket for proper air circulation.
- Use a Cooking Spray: To prevent sticking and ensure crispy skin, lightly spray the turkey breast with oil before cooking.
Remember, practice makes perfect, so don’t be discouraged if your first attempt isn’t flawless. With these tips and a little experience, you’ll be roasting boneless turkey breast in the air fryer like a pro in no time!
FAQ’s About Cooking Turkey Breast Roast In Air Fryer
Can I cook a frozen turkey breast roast in the air fryer?
Cooking a frozen roast directly in the air fryer is not recommended. Thaw the turkey breast roast in the refrigerator first to ensure safe and even cooking.
How long should I cook a turkey breast roast in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary based on the size and thickness of the turkey breast roast and the specific air fryer you use. It’s best to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness. A general guideline is to cook at 350°F (175°C) for approximately 25-30 minutes per pound (450 grams) of turkey breast roast, but always rely on the thermometer for accuracy.
What should I do if the skin of the turkey breast isn’t crispy enough?
If the skin isn’t as crispy as you’d like, you can try brushing it with oil or butter during cooking. You can also increase the temperature during the last few minutes of cooking to help crisp the skin.
Can I add stuffing to the turkey breast roast while cooking it in the air fryer?
It’s not recommended to stuff the turkey breast roast when cooking it in the air fryer. Stuffing can hinder the airflow and even cooking. It’s safer to prepare stuffing separately.
Should I preheat the air fryer before cooking the turkey breast roast?
Preheating is not always necessary, but it can help ensure even cooking. If your air fryer has a preheat option, you can use it. If not, preheat it for a few minutes at the desired cooking temperature.
Can I use a marinade on the turkey breast roast before air frying it?
Yes, you can marinate the turkey breast roast before air frying it to add flavor. Just pat it dry before cooking to prevent excess moisture in the air fryer.
How can I prevent the turkey breast roast from drying out in the air fryer?
To prevent the turkey breast roast from drying out, brine it before cooking, and baste it with melted butter or oil to keep it moist.
Can I cook multiple turkey breast roasts in the air fryer at the same time?
If your air fryer has enough space, you can cook multiple turkey breast roasts simultaneously. Just make sure they are not overcrowded and there’s enough space for air circulation.
What should the internal temperature of the turkey breast roast be when it’s done?
The turkey breast roast is considered done and safe to eat when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature at the thickest part of the roast.
Can I use the air fryer for reheating leftover turkey breast roast?
Yes, you can use the air fryer to reheat leftover turkey breast roast. It will help retain its moisture and crispness. Reheat at a lower temperature to avoid overcooking.
How to store leftover turkey breast
Let the turkey cool to room temperature before adding it to an airtight container. The cooked turkey breast should last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Boneless Turkey Breast Roast
- 2-4 pounds boneless turkey breast, casing remove
- 3 tablespoons rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Herbes de Provence
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place your turkey roast on the air fryer tray.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, rosemary, Herbes de Provence, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub the mixture over the turkey roast.
- Set into the air fryer for 15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Then remove the roast and baste on some more olive oil season, air fry for another 10-15 minutes.
- The roast is done within the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. The actual time will depend on the air fryer you own and how large your roast it. Larger roasts will take longer to air fry.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer