My family loves brownies, which is excellent because since I’m a food blogger, I get to generate lots of different combination of brownies and they attack them all up.
Believe it or not, brownies are one of the hardest desserts to get to perfection, because everyone in my household likes brownies different ways, my husband likes them hard, my son’s like them gooey. So, striking the correct balance, where everybody is content is an enigma.
I have used many brownie mixes, scratch recipes, made frosted brownies, plain brownies, brownies with nuts, fudge brownies, and the list goes on and on…
The history of brownies, according to Wikipedia originated in 1897 by the very famous Sears, Roebuck Catalog, it was a brownie cookie bar. Which, were perhaps simpler to produce in masses, than rolling out the dough and pressing them. (You know what I am talking about right)
Here are some other brownie recipes–
Here are great tips for making the perfect brownies–
- Determine which type of brownie you would prefer to produce since they are all different. If you would prefer a cake brownie, you need to reduce your flour to about 1/2 cup, you also use no baking powder. If you prefer a chewier brownie, just leave the sugar and butter separate, rather than cream them, as you do.
- To get cake-like brownies to add more flour and you use baking powder, you also cream the sugar and butter together.
- If you like your brownies chewy, use a bit more egg, it will make it chewier since it will be moister.
- For the best brownies use a metal pan as they conduct heat evenly if you use a glass pan it will cause the edges to burn.
- If you would like for easy cleanup, line your pan with parchment or aluminum foil, and create a slight overhang to create handles, this will allow you to remove the brownies, with little trouble, when they cool down. It will make it easier to cut into squares, and they look much better when you go to serve them.
- Do not mix in the flour, if you keep on mixing your batter until all the flour is mixed in, you will over stir the batter, which leaves you with dense brownies.
- Always use room temperature eggs, just leave them up for 30 minutes before baking, cold eggs make your batter denser.
- Always check your brownies about 10 minutes before your recipe calls for, since all the air fryers are different, this will lead to less burnt brownies, and more brownies to eat.
Here are the items used in the recipe:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Instant Pot Vortex Plus, How to Make Brownies in the Air Fryer, Easy and Best Recipe!
This is one of the easiest ways to make air fryer brownies. I used the new Instant Pot Vortex Plus, and I chose to experiment with the bake setting. Since I never baked in the air fryer before, it cooked quicker than the box instructed, even though I used the same temperature. My guess is because it’s small and the heat is more efficient.
See pan I used in the kitchen equipment used.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 24
- Total Time: 34
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 box brownie mix (any kind)
Chocolate Frosting (optional)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- This is the brownie mix I used and prepared in this recipe.
- Start by making the brownies, add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl or mixing stand bowl.
- Spray your brownie pan,
- Mix well your brownie batter, make sure you use a spatula and get all of the brownie batters from the sides, and underneath, this way you don’t get any unmixed batter when you pour it in.
- Pour it in the prepared pan.
- Set your air fryer (Vortex Plus) to bake setting for 24 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick to make sure the middle is cooked, mine was so I removed. if yours is not add a few minutes.
- Let cool
- Then melt your chocolate and butter in the microwave, mix well. Then mix in the sugar, vanilla, and cream, until smooth. Frost your brownies, add some mini chocolate chip, and drizzle some extra chocolate frosting, for a wow effect.
Keywords: air fryer brownies from scratch box brownie mix in air fryer air fryer boxed brownies instant pot vortex brownies ghirardelli brownies in air fryer how to cook brownies in a power airfryer instant vortex plus how long to cook brownies in air fryer