My family loves brownies, which is excellent because since I’m a food blogger, I get to generate lots of different combination of brownies and they attack them all up.
Believe it or not, brownies are one of the hardest desserts to get to perfection, because everyone in my household likes brownies different ways, my husband likes them hard, my son’s like them gooey. So, striking the correct balance, where everybody is content is an enigma.
I have used many brownie mixes, scratch recipes, made frosted brownies, plain brownies, brownies with nuts, fudge brownies, and the list goes on and on…
The history of brownies, according to Wikipedia originated in 1897 by the very famous Sears, Roebuck Catalog, it was a brownie cookie bar. Which, were perhaps simpler to produce in masses, than rolling out the dough and pressing them. (You know what I am talking about right)
Here are some other brownie recipes;
Here are great tips for making the perfect brownies:
- Determine which type of brownie you would prefer to produce since they are all different. If you would prefer a cake brownie, you need to reduce your flour to about 1/2 cup, you also use none baking powder. If you prefer a chewier brownie, just leave the sugar and butter separate, rather than cream them, as you do.
- To get cake-like brownies to add more flour and you use baking powder, you also cream the sugar and butter together.
- If you like your brownies chewy, use a bit more egg, it will make it chewier since it will be moister.
- For the best brownies use a metal pan as they conduct heat evenly if you use a glass pan it will cause the edges to burn.
- If you would like for easy cleanup, line your pan with parchment or aluminum foil, and create a slight overhang to create handles, this will allow you to remove the brownies, with little trouble, when they cool down. It will make it easier to cut into squares, and they look much better when you go to serve them.
- Do not mix in the flour; if you keep on mixing your batter until all the flour is mixed in, you will over stir the batter, which leaves you with dense brownies.
- Always use room temperature eggs, just leave them up for 30 minutes before baking, cold eggs make your batter denser.
- Always check your brownies about 10 minutes before your recipe calls for, since all the air fryers are different, this will lead to less burnt brownies, and more brownies to eat.
Here are the items used in the recipe:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
These almost taste like an Almond Joy Candy Bar. It combines the coconuts, almonds and a chocolate coating for a tasty treat.
These are great for a crowd.
- 18 ounce box of any brownie mix
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Start by making the brownies, exactly as shown on your box. (Note: Each box is different, so carefully follow the instructions)
- Spray your air fryer safe brownie pan. Then pour the batter into the coated pan (use non-stick cooking spray, just as you are making them in the brownie)
- Note: Cooking time will depend on your air fryer, wattage, how deep the pan is, etc.
So my advice: Set your temperature for 350 degrees F, and for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, check the brownies, and then adjust the time for that. I always put mine in at 5-minute intervals and check them until they are done.
- After your brownies are cooked, let them cool. Meanwhile start to build the topping, in a small bowl mix together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and powdered sugar.
- Spread the topping, directly on the cooled brownies.
- Sprinkle the almonds over the coconut topping.
- Then melt the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl, set your timer for 30 seconds, (repeat until all of the butter and chocolate chips are melted) after every 30 seconds, stir.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut and almonds, place the brownies in the refrigerator to let set.
- After the chocolate has set,
Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: pillsbury almond joy brownies almond joy brownie bites easy almond joy brownies almond joy brownies six sisters almond joy desserts almond joy bars brownie almond joy cookies brownies with almonds