Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven.
My mother was a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On Sunday night, I remember her baking, and we would always have muffins, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was excellent in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
I have a long laundry list of items, I would like to make, so if you have any suggestions, I am always open to them. Today, I conquered my day’s task of making homemade biscuit donuts with a chocolate glaze. Since my entire family is chocolate lovers, as you can imagine this breakfast went over quite well.
Here are some other of my tried and true recipes:
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer, Homemade Chocolate Glazed Donuts (Ready in 5 Minutes)
I love Air Fryer Hacks, this one is no different.
- 1 can refrigerator dough biscuits
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Start by preparing the biscuit dough for the air fryer.
- Use a biscuit cutter and cut out the middle. You can use these later to make mini donuts.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place your biscuit dough (I needed to do it in 2 batches, as you don’t want them crowded)
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove the biscuits, place on a cutting board and place the second batch in the air fryer basket
- Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa, butter (melted), vanilla and milk. Mix well, until everything is well blended.
- Wait a few minutes, until the donuts are cooled, and then spread the chocolate frosting on the donuts.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!