Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Nothing is so awesome on a cold winter night than a nice hot bowl of soup, stew or chili.
As a mom, I love to provide my family with a warm nutritious meal, and I love that the Instant Pot, allows me to whip up a soup/stew or chili in a matter of minutes.
Below are my favorite Soup, Stew and Chili Recipes.
Olive Garden-Chicken and Gnocchi Soup (Copycat)
- 5 tablespoons of butter
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt (or more to taste)
- 2 quarts of half and half cream
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 to 3 teaspoon of old bay seasoning (this is up to you)
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1.5 pounds of lump crabmeat
- ½ cup of sherry wine
- optional: serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon, fresh dill and/or fresh chives
- Start by turning your Instant Pot, to saute', then add the butter in. Once it melts, stir in the flour, to make a rue.
- Once, it's all mixed in, add the onions, celery, and garlic, and continue to saute, until the onion is softened about 4 minutes.
- Then gradually whisk in the half and half, cream and broth, then continue to saute, until it starts to simmer. Add the sherry, Old Bay Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce.
- Then continue to simmer for about 20 minutes, after 20 minutes add the crabmeat and mix well, continue to cook for another 10 minutes.
- Then ladle into bowls, serve with some fresh herbs as a garnish.