Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Then mix in the carrots, onions, celery, and spices. Mix well. Saute for a couple of minutes, until the vegetables are softened.
Mix in the chicken broth and green peas. Mix well, then follow the directions in the recipe.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 (14.5 ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of dried lentils
- Start, by pressing the saute' button on the Instant Pot.
- After a minute, add the olive oil and sausage.
- Brown the sausage, then add the onions, carrots, celery, and cook for about 4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Then mix in the garlic, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Then mix in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth and lentils, mix well.
- When everything is well combined, add your lid to the Instant Pot. Make sure that the vent is sealed.
- Set the manual high pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer beeps, after 10 minutes of natural release, do a quick release.
- When the pressure has been completely released, and the lid can easily come off, open and mix well.
- Ladle and serve.