Instant pot Lentil Soup with Sausage is an amazing and delicious meal, that your entire family will love! And since you are using only one pan, the cleanup is easy, and it only takes about 10 minutes!
Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Soup is a great soup, Very hearty, very delicious, and made within minutes with the Instant Pot’s help.
If you love a great soup made in minutes, you will totally love this soup. Infused with Italian sausages and lentils, it’s great comfort food, especially as the snow falls and you are looking for something to really warm you up.
If you are looking for even more soup recipes, head over to ForktoSpoon.com, and look at all of the soup recipes, some of my favorites are Instant Pot Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar and, of course, a very classic Instant Pot Tomato Soup.
Why You Will Love Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Soup!
Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Soup is one of the best soups you will ever make. The flavors are incredible, and it’s so easy to put together. Plus, it’s perfect for a cold winter day. You will love this soup!
Ingredients Needed To Make Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Soup
Soup is one of the easiest and most satisfying meals to make. This Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Soup recipe is hearty, healthy, and takes only ten minutes from start to finish. It’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Plus, it only requires six simple ingredients which you probably already have on hand! Let’s get started!
- Olive Oil
- Italian Sausage
- Tomato Paste
- Diced Tomatoes
- Minced Garlic
- Spices: Bay Leaf, Rosemary, Thyme
- Chicken Broth
How To Make Instant Pot Lentil Soup
Start by pressing the saute’ button on the Instant Pot. After a minute, add the olive oil and sausage.
Brown, the sausage, then add the onions, carrots, and celery, and cook for about 4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
Then mix in the garlic, tomato paste, and seasonings. Then mix in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and lentils mix well.
When everything is well combined, add your lid to the Instant Pot. Make sure that the vent is sealed. Set the manual high pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer beeps, after 10 minutes of natural release, do a quick release.
When the pressure has been completely released, the lid can easily come off, open, and mix well.
Can You Make This On The Stove?
Absolutely, this is the same recipe that my mother used while I was growing up. To make it on the stovetop, add all of the ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes.
How Long Does Lentil Soup Last?
If you have any leftover soup, let it cool to room temperature and place it in an airtight container. Place the airtight container into the refrigerator. The soup will last about 2 to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Lentil Soup?
If you want to freeze Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Soup, prepare the soup as directed in the recipe below. Let the soup cool to room temperature and place in a freezer container. Seal and place into the freezer; it should last about 1 to 2 months.
To reheat the soup from frozen, simply place the frozen soup into the refrigerator, and let it thaw. Transfer the thawed soup to a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
What To Eat With Lentil Soup?
Lentil soup is a delicious, healthy meal, but what do you eat with it? Here are some ideas for accompaniments that will make your lentil soup even better!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
Love a great soup recipe, whether in your Ninja Foodi, Pressure Cooker, or Instant Pot, here are some great recipes!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound of Italian sausage, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 2 (14.5 ounces) canned diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 cups of chicken broth
- 2 cups of dried lentils
- Start by pressing the saute' button on the Instant Pot.
- After a minute, add the olive oil and sausage.
- Brown the sausage, add the onions, carrots, celery, and cook for about 4 minutes until the vegetables are softened.
- Then mix in the garlic, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Then mix in the diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and lentils mix well.
- When everything is well combined, add your lid to the Instant Pot. Make sure that the vent is sealed.
- Set the manual high pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer beeps, after 10 minutes of natural release, do a quick release.
- When the pressure has been completely released, the lid can easily come off, open, and mix well.
- Ladle and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 619Total Fat: 39gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 2087mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 11gSugar: 9gProtein: 34g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.