Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Start by adding your meat to the Instant POt, and then cooking it until it’s brown
Meanwhile, chop your vegetables
Saute your meat, until it’s browned. Then drain.
Add your vegetables and saute them, until they are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the beans and sauces and mix.
Notice the deep rich colors and tons of flavors.
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, peeled and diced
- 1 package of chili seasoning
- 1 cup of water
- 1-15 ounce can of dark kidney beans
- 1-15 ounce can of pinto beans
- 1-15 ounce can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1-15 ounce of tomato sauce
- Optional: Salt and pepper to taste
- In your Instant Pot, add your meat. Then press the saute button and saute until the meat is browned. (remember to continue to stir it, so it doesn't stick to the pan and/or burn)
- Once it's browned, add your vegetables, and saute until they are softened about 5 minutes. Then add your water and chili seasoning, mix well.
- Add your beans, and rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Add your lid, make sure the vent is on sealed and set the manual high pressure for 10 minutes when the timer beeps, naturally release.
- When the pressure is done, open your lid, mix well and ladle into bowls and serve.