This is one of the easiest recipes I have ever done for homemade vanilla cupcakes.
Personally, if you have been following along my blog for a while, I am a huge fan of baked goods in the air fryer.
Over, the past months, I will tell you that I have made a huge amount of baked goods, cupcakes, brownies and cupcakes, I even tried today to make homemade scones. All of the baked goods I have tried are AMAZING, so light and fluffy.
I started with my grandmother’s recipe, which has been passed down from generation to generation and let me tell you, it’s light it’s buttery and it’s delicious.
Now, vanilla cupcakes may not sound like an exciting recipe, but my kids request them often, and who doesn’t love a nice rich buttery, frosted cupcake.
My mother was a great baker, she always baked cupcakes and muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them as our dessert to school on Mondays. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slow starting days. So, I always really enjoyed waiting, patiently for my dessert at lunch.
I tried to continue this tradition, with my own kids. But, now that I have an air fryer, which I love because you set the time, and then walked away. So, I never need to run back to the stove because I’m burning my kid’s food. (LOL-has this ever happened to you?)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
This is one of the simplest recipes, grab any cake mix and make cupcakes. This works in any air fryer, oven or basket type.
- 1 box any cupcake mix
- ingredients for above mix (as shown on the box)
- frosting, sprinkles, etc.
- Start by making the cake mix, as directed on the box. Because Halloween is coming up, I found this fun Halloween Funfetti mix at my local grocery store.
- Before you start, spray your muffin tin with non-sticking cooking spray or use olive oil.
- Prepare your batter.
- Pour the mix about 2/3 way full into your muffin tins.
- Set in your air fryer oven or air fryer basket, and set the temperature 330 degrees F, for 12 minutes.
- NOTE: If your cupcakes are not done, flip them and air fry for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer, let cool, before frosting.
- Frost the cupcakes sprinkle with sprinkles or jimmies if desired.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer box cake recipe air fryer butter cake recipe box cake in air fryer boxed cake in air fryer cooks essentials air fryer cake recipe how long to cook cupcakes in air fryer air fryer cake from scratch air fryer dump cake