Are you looking for a vegan-friendly and healthier alternative to chicken wings? Then you have to try these air fryer cauliflower wings! They are easy to make and so delicious. You will love how crispy they are
There is nothing better than a batch of crispy cauliflower wings straight from your air fryer basket! This makes for a great game day snack or a treat that the whole family will love! So, the next time you are craving traditional wings, reach for this recipe instead! It’s soon going to become your favorite side dish!
This is a recipe for Air Fryer Vegan Cauliflower Wings. It’s a great vegan option, and it will be an easy and delicious appetizer, and they are a perfect snack for any party you’re hosting.
The wings are crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside, and they have just the right amount of heat to kick up your taste buds! You can serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or enjoy them as they are.
These cauliflower wings will indeed become one of your go-to recipes when you want something quick, healthy, and flavorful. They make for a great alternative to fried buffalo wings!
Our Latest Video and Recipe!
What Are Cauliflower Buffalo Wings?
Have you ever heard of cauliflower wings? If not, let me introduce you to this delicious alternative to buffalo chicken wings. These are baked and covered in a spicy sauce that will leave your taste buds begging for more! They are super easy to make, low carb, and healthy, too; they’re perfect for game day or any get-together. The best part is that they taste just like the real thing!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Vegan Cauliflower Wings
With a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious recipe, in minutes! Below you will find all of the ingredients, and step-by-step directions in the printable recipe card. As well as the nutritional information
- Cauliflower Head, Cauliflower Steaks, or use cauliflower florets
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour, gluten-free flour, or almond flour (great for a low-carb and keto-friendly snack)
- Milk: Use regular whole milk, almond milk, soy milk, or even plant milk.
- Panko Breadcrumbs (Regular or Gluten-Free)
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper.
- Sauce: Teriyaki Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Buffalo Sauce
- Serving: Celery Sticks, Carrot Sticks, Blue Cheese Dressing, Sesame Seeds, Hot Sauce, or Spicy Buffalo Sauce
How To Make Air Fryer Vegan Cauliflower Wings
Step One: Prepare Your Terikayi Sauce (Skip if you are using a bottled sauce)
- Start by peeling and mincing your garlic and ginger.
- Then mix your soy sauce, brown sugar, agave, sesame oil, minced garlic, and minced ginger in a large bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside
- Bring a medium-size pot to medium-high heat and add the teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for about five more minutes until the teriyaki sauce has thickened. Make sure to keep stirring so the sauce doesn’t burn. Then remove it from the heat and let it cool off.
Step Two: Prepare the Cauliflower
Cut your cauliflower into bite-sized pieces. Then rinse, wash and drain. Place the flour mixture into a large mixing bowl, then add the seasoning (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper) to your dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Make your batter by adding your milk to the seasoned flour and whisk until smooth.
Step Three: Coat Cauliflower
Add the battered cauliflower to the air fryer, in a single layer.
Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter, let the excess batter drip off and then dip it in the panko bread crumbs, making sure it’s fully covered. This will be the best breaded cauliflower.
Step Four: Air Fry Your Cauliflower Wings
Add the battered cauliflower in the air fryer, in a single layer Heat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 8-10 minutes. Make sure to flip them over halfway point. Add two additional minutes if you like them crispier. But make sure the panko crumbs don’t burn, brush with melted vegan butter or olive oil spray. Both will help the panko crisp up!
Step Five: Dip Your Cauliflower Wings
Dip each wing in the teriyaki sauce and let the excess sauce drain off. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and scallions over your wings. You can also dip each piece of cauliflower into buffalo sauce, (for a quick buffalo cauliflower recipe), or your favorite sauce. This is a fool-proof recipe for cooked cauliflower wings.
- Rinse & Dry: Rinse your cauliflower, but then use a kitchen towel to dry them. This way, the batter adheres to them. Try to cut your cauliflower pieces into equal sizes.
- Excess Batter: To avoid a goopy mess at the bottom of your air fryer, be sure to shake off any extra batter. You can let them sit on parchment paper on a baking sheet if you need to cook them in batches.
- Cooking Spray: Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray before adding them to your air fryer. This way, they do not stick.
- Crowding: Do not crowd your air fryer basket. Leave plenty of room for the hot air to circulate the cauliflower florets, which will let them crisp up. For easy clean up you can line your air fryer basket with parchment paper.
- Shake: Shake or flip your basket about 1/2 way during the cooking process, so both sides crisp up perfectly.
- Cooking Time: The cooking time will depend on how big your cauliflower bites are and what air fryer you are using. So for best results, check on your cauliflower frequently as it air fries up!
- Butter: For crispy cauliflower bites, you can brush your wings as they cook up with a little oil, or melted butter.
Can I use Frozen Cauliflower?
Yes, and there is no need to thaw. You can roast cauliflower starting from frozen without any issue. So stock up on your bulk freezer veggies and get ready for some new recipes! The result will be more tender but still delicious – perfect as is or served with seasonings like my homemade teriyaki sauce!
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Let the leftover air fryer cauliflower wings panko cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
You can either reheat in the microwave or the air fryer, and heat until warmed through.
What To Serve With Vegetarian Wings
This is a great recipe that you can serve with your favorite creamy sauce, blue cheese dressing, or ranch dressing!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER ONE PAN HONEY LEMON CHICKEN AND ASPARAGUS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED CAULIFLOWER MASH
- LITTLE POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER HAM ASPARAGUS ROLLS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH HASSELBACK WITH BACON
Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings –-Air Fryer Cauliflower Wings are a healthier, gluten-free alternative to traditional wings. They are crispy on the outside and tender inside with just enough spice to satisfy your taste buds!
- 1 large cauliflower head
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (regular or gluten-free)
- 1 cup milk (soy, oat or even regular)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (you can substitute for gluten free option, if needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, regular or reduced sodium
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for garnish
- 2 stalks green onions, diced
Start by peeling and mincing your garlic and ginger.
Then mix your soy sauce, brown sugar, agave, sesame oil, minced garlic, and minced ginger in a medium-sized bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside
Cut your cauliflower into bite-size florets. Then rinse, wash and drain. Add the seasoning (garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper) to your flour and mix until well combined. Make your batter by adding your milk to the seasoned flour and whisk until smooth.
Dip each cauliflower floret in the batter, let the access batter drip off and then dip it in the panko crumbs, making sure it's fully covered.
Bring a medium-size pot to medium-high heat and add the teriyaki sauce. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Let it simmer for about five more minutes until the teriyaki sauce has thickened. Make sure to keep stirring so the sauce doesn't burn. Then remove from the heat and let it cool off.
Put your cauliflower wings in the air fryer, make sure that each wing has a tiny space, and don't touch each other. Heat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 8 minutes. Make sure to flip them over halfway. Add two additional minutes if you like them crispier. But make sure the panko crumbs don't burn.
Dip each wing in the teriyaki sauce and let them access sauce drain off. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and scallions over your wings.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Leave a Reply