Are you a fan of Taco Bell? If so, you’re in for a treat with today’s recipe! We will show you how to make Copycat Air Fryer Taco Bell Meximelts at home!
Crispy Mini-Quesadillas filled with beef and melted cheese. These are just like the ones from Taco Bell but made with fresh ingredients, perfect for a quick lunch or dinner. And the best part is that they can easily be cooked in an air fryer, meaning they will be perfectly crisp and delicious every time. So let’s get started on making some fried taco goodness!
This crispy on the outside, cheesy on the inside, and air-fried burritos are my take on the bell-ringing fast food favorite “Meximelt.”
They’re oh so simple, require almost no prep, and are made with the bare minimum of ingredients but pack a ton of flavor the whole family will love!
What Are Taco Bell Copycat Meximelt
Taco Bell Copycat Meximelt is a popular version of the fast-food chain’s signature Mexican-style dish. This copycat recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make alternative to Taco Bell’s original Meximelt. This dish is the perfect crowd-pleaser for parties, potlucks, or just as an easy weeknight dinner.
The Copycat Meximelt is made with seasoned ground beef, melted cheese, and taco sauce all wrapped up in a soft flour tortilla. The combination of flavors creates a delicious dish that is sure to be a hit with everyone! The best part about this recipe is that it can be customized to your taste preferences.
To make it spicier, add in a few extra dashes of taco sauce, or to make it milder, omit some of the seasonings from the ground beef. No matter what preferences you have, this Copycat Meximelt will be sure to please!
Why You Will Love This Copycat Recipe!
This copycat recipe for your favorite restaurant dish is sure to be a hit! It’s packed with flavor, easy to make, and tastes like the real thing. Plus, you’ll save money by making it at home – no take-out needed! If you’ve been craving the taste of your favorite meal, this recipe will satisfy your cravings without having to leave the comfort of your own home.
This copycat recipe is a great way to enjoy all the deliciousness of your favorite restaurant dish – and it’s sure to become a family favorite! So why not give this copycat recipe a try today?
You won’t regret it! What are you waiting
What Is In A Taco Bell Meximelt
If you love tacos, you’ve likely heard of the Taco Bell Meximelt. They are delicious taco-inspired creations that are sure to tantalize your taste buds and leave you wanting more!
All you need is a few simple ingredients,
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Ground Beef: Use lean ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken.
- Taco Seasoning: Homemade Taco Seasoning or Store-bought Taco Seasoning.
- Water: Regular cold water
- Flour Tortillas: If you want to recreate this dish gluten-free, you can use gluten-free corn tortillas.
- Shredded Cheese: Shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, or Mexican Cheese
- Salsa: Store-bought or try my recipe for homemade air fryer salsa
How Do You Make A Copycat Taco Bell Meximelt In Air Fryer
In only a few simple steps, you can make this discontinued fan-favorite treat in minutes,
Step One: Cook The Ground Beef
In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
Stir in taco seasoning and water and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes until thickening. Remove from heat.
Step Two: Assemble Your Meximelt
Lay out 4 flour tortillas and spoon an equal amount of the ground beef mixture across the center of each.
Place an equal amount of cheese and fresh salsa on either side of the ground beef.
Roll the tortillas up and over the ingredients, tucking the sides in as you go to create burritos.
Step Three: Air Fry Meximelts
Transfer the burritos to an air fryer basket and lightly spray the tops with olive or vegetable oil spray to increase browning. You may need to cook the burritos in 2 batches of 2 when using a smaller air fryer. Do not be afraid to tuck the burritos close to each other for larger air fryers.
Air fry at 350°F and set cook time for 8–10 minutes, just until the tops of the tortillas are crispy and golden brown.
How To Store Leftrover Meximelts
Leftover Meximelts are just as delicious the next day, but you must store them properly to keep them from going bad. Here are some tips to follow:
- Make sure that any remaining Meximelts have cooled completely before storing.
- Transfer the Meximelts into an airtight container with a lid, such as a glass jar or plastic container.
- Seal the lid tightly and label the container with the date you cooked the Meximelts, so you know when they were made and how long they have been in storage.
- Place in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze them in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Before eating again, defrost the Meximelts overnight in your refrigerator or heat them up in your oven or microwave until warm and crispy!
How To Reheat Meximelts In Air Fryer
Reheating Meximelts in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to return them to their crispy and delicious state. Here’s how:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your Meximelts in the air fryer basket.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, flipping the Meximelts halfway through with tongs or a spatula so that they are evenly cooked on both sides.
- Remove from the fryer and serve warm for a delicious snack!
What To Serve With These Copycat Meximelts
These Copycat Meximelts are the perfect accompaniment to all your Mexican-inspired meals. Serve them with a side of guacamole, salsa, and sour cream for some dippable fun, or top them off with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese for a fresh take on nachos. The possibilities are endless!
Enjoy your Copycat Meximelts with freshly fried corn chips and some homemade queso dip for an extra special treat. You can even top these off with jalapenos for some extra kick! Whatever you decide to do, get creative in the kitchen and have fun making these delicious treats
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TACO STICKS
- AIR FRYER TACO CASSEROLE
- HOW TO REHEAT TACOS IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER TACO STUFFED PASTA SHELLS
- AIR FRYER TACO SALAD BOWLS
- Easy AIR FRYER SHRIMP TACOS
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
Air Fryer Taco Bell Meximelts
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1 ounce taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 8 ounces Cheddar Jack Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water and bring up to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes until thickening. Remove from heat.
- Lay out 4 flour tortillas and spoon an equal amount of the ground beef mixture across the center of each.
- Place an equal amount of cheese and an equal amount of fresh salsa on either side of the ground beef.
- Roll the tortillas up and over the ingredients, tucking the sides in as you go to create burritos.
- Transfer the burritos to an air fryer basket and lightly spray the tops with olive oil or vegetable oil spray to increase browning. You may need to cook the burritos in 2 batches of 2 when using a smaller air fryer. For larger air fryers, do not be afraid to tuck the burritos in close to each other
- Air fry at 350°F for 8–10 minutes, just until the tops of the tortillas are crispy and golden brown.
- Plate, and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Air Fryer, Basket-style or Oven-Style
- Cooking Spray, or Olive Oil