Air Fryer Taco Salad Bowls is the perfect recipe for a great Taco Salad. Nothing is better than going to a Mexican Restaurant and being served a homemade Taco Salad in a Crisp Taco Salad Bowl.
Today, I prepared and cooked this up in the Air Fryer, and the shell was crispy and absolutely delicious!
My kids love this, but what is not to love? It’s a meal in an edible bowl, and the recipe couldn’t be any easier!
So serve this up for your next Taco Tuesday, and your family will be in love!
Air Fryer Taco Bowls
Are you looking for a delicious and convenient way to enjoy your favorite taco flavors? Look no further than Air Fryer Taco Bowls! These flavorful and customizable bowls are a creative twist on traditional tacos, allowing you to enjoy all the delicious fillings and toppings in a crispy tortilla bowl.
With the help of your trusty air fryer, you can achieve a perfectly crispy and golden tortilla bowl that holds all the goodness inside. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of making Air Fryer Taco Bowls, share tips for creating a variety of fillings and toppings, and provide ideas to customize them to your taste. Get ready to elevate your taco game with this fun and delicious meal option to have your family and friends returning for more!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Taco Salad Bowls
If you’ve been looking for a simple yet delicious and healthy way to get more vegetables in your diet, then air fryer taco salad bowls are definitely something to consider. This easy meal made with fresh and wholesome ingredients ticks all the boxes regarding convenience, taste, and health.
All you need is an air-fryer or an oven and some essential ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes, black beans, and corn chips, which can be easily picked up at your local grocery store.
Below, we will cover all the necessary items needed for making savory air fryer taco salad bowls, as well as other helpful tips on assembly and presentation – so read on!
- Flour Tortilla
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Taco Salad Shells In Air Fryer
Start by spraying your tortilla on both sides with cooking spray. Then wrap the tortilla around a piece of a large bowl or ramekin. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
Making Air Fryer Taco Salad Bowls can be a fun and delicious way to enjoy a flavorful and healthy meal. Here are some pro tips to help you make the most out of your recipe:
- Choose the Right Tortillas: Opt for small flour tortillas or corn tortillas that fit well in your air fryer basket. Ensure they are fresh and pliable to achieve a crispy yet flexible taco bowl.
- Shape the Tortillas: To create the taco bowl shape, gently press the tortillas into oven-safe bowls or use a taco bowl mold designed explicitly for air fryers. This helps the tortillas hold their shape during cooking.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Before placing the tortilla bowls inside, preheat your air fryer. This ensures they cook evenly and helps achieve a crispy texture.
- Brush with Oil: Lightly brush the tortilla bowls with oil on both sides. This helps enhance the crispiness and promotes a golden-brown color during air frying.
- Flip for Even Browning: Halfway through the cooking time, carefully flip the tortilla bowls to ensure an even browning and crispy texture on both sides.
- Watch the Cooking Time: Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the tortilla bowls and the temperature of your air fryer. Keep a close eye on them to prevent overcooking or burning. Checking the progress and adjusting the cooking time as needed is recommended.
- Customize Fillings and Toppings: The beauty of taco salad bowls is the ability to customize them to your taste. Prepare a variety of fillings and toppings, such as seasoned ground meat, black beans, corn, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and any other toppings you enjoy. Set up a taco bar-style spread so everyone can personalize their salad bowls.
- Assemble Just Before Serving: To keep the tortilla bowls crispy, assemble the taco salad bowls just before serving. Start with a layer of lettuce or greens, then add the fillings and toppings of your choice. This ensures a fresh and satisfying eating experience.
- Add Crunchy Elements Last: If you enjoy a crunchy texture, add elements like crushed tortilla chips, toasted pumpkin seeds, or crispy fried onions as a final touch. This adds an extra layer of texture and flavor to your taco salad bowls.
By following these pro tips, you can create delicious and crispy Air Fryer Taco Salad Bowls that are packed with flavor. Feel free to experiment with different fillings, toppings, and seasonings to create a personalized taco salad experience.
What Size Flour Tortillas Should I Use?
Depending on how big you want your Taco Salad Bowl, you can either use flour burrito size or the smaller ones.
I have tried this with corn tortillas, and if you want a Gluten-Free option, you can soften the corn tortilla in the microwave before air frying it, making it more pliable.
How to use taco salad bowls
You can use these taco salad bowls in many ways besides adding a Mexican salad to them. I often make these smaller and add salsa to them as a fun way to serve them at parties or get-togethers.
Another great option would be a copycat Chiptole Salad Bowl or grilled chicken and rice. Your imagination is the only limiting factor.
More Air Fryer Mexican Recipes:
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- AIR FRYER SHRIMP TACOS
- EASY AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES
- AIR FRYER CHEESY BREAKFAST TACOS
- AIR FRYER SOUTHWESTERN SHRIMP TACOS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Taco Salad Bowls
- 1 flour tortilla, any size
- Cooking Spray
- Start by spraying your tortilla on both sides with cooking spray.
- Then wrap the tortilla around a piece of a large bowl or ramekin. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Use as desired.
- Air Fryer
- Bowl, Oven-Safe