Air Fryer Red Velvet Whoopie Pies — The whoopie pies, a classic American dessert, are best served warm and fresh. The recipe for this red velvet twist on the traditional favorite is simple to make and perfectly cooked in the Air Fryer!
Air Fryer Red Velvet Whoopie Pies are excellent with a homemade cream cheese filling; these will be sure to be a hit the first time you whip up a batch!
If you love all things sweet, this will be no different. My mother would always make a batch of homemade Chocolate Whoopie pies and fill them with sweet vanilla. Today, I made a real classic dessert using Cream Cheese Frosting, which is excellent compared to the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie.
What Are Whoopie Pies?
If you have never heard of a Whoopie Pie, two cakes are traditionally filled with a filling. They are usually chocolate, and the filling is typically a mixture of marshmallow fluff.
Whoopie Pies got their name, or legendary tells us that in Amish Country in Pennsylvania children were so excited to get these treats in their lunch pails; they would shout out Whoopie!
However they got their name, they make for a fantastic treat.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Red Food Coloring
Ingredients Needed Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Whoopie Pies
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Then mix in the butter, brown sugar, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extra. Mix well. Then add a few drops of the red food coloring, just enough to get a red color, mix well, so the color is even through the mixture.
Spray your whoopie pie pans with non-stick cooking spray. Fill the cavity about 2/3 the way complete. Set the pan into the air fryer at 320 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. (air fryer setting)
Let the whoopie pies cool while you make the filling.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar to make the filling, and continue to blend until smooth.
To assemble the whoopie pies, add about 3 tablespoons of filling onto one side of the whoopie pie, and then use another to cover the filling. Making a sandwich.
Can I Bake with Air Fryer?
Yes, baking is perfect in the air fryer, especially for small batches. Making or baking food in the air fryer is faster because you no longer need to wait for the oven to preheat.
And the air fryer works by circulating hot air all around the food, which means that every baked good is perfectly cooked.
Can You Put Aluminum Foil and Parchment Paper in the Air Fryer?
Depending on which model air fryer you own (always remember to check your owner’s manual first, since every air fryer is different), you can or can not use parchment paper or foil in your air fryer.
If you can use foil, make sure that it’s properly weighted down so that the aluminum foil does not blow into the heating element, causing damage or a safety hazard.
I typically use parchment paper for baking, the parchment paper is the best suited for allowing the airflow around the air fryer, and I find that the food cooks up more evenly.
HOW TO STORE AIR FRYER WHOOPIE PIES
These Whoopie Pies are best eaten fresh within a day or two after being baked or air-fried.
They will last for about a week; place the leftover Whoopie Pies into an airtight container and place the container in the refrigerator or on the counter.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- AIR FRYER S’MORES PIE FOR ONE
- AIR FRYER LINZER COOKIES
- INSTANT POT MINI BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER RED VELVET DONUTS
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
- INSTANT POT CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN MAKING THIS RECIPE–
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 6 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup room temperature unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Then mix in the butter, brown sugar, egg, buttermilk, and vanilla extra. Mix well. Then add a few drops of the red food coloring, just enough to get a red color, mix well so the color is even through the mixture.
- Spray your whoopie pie pans with non-stick cooking spray. Fill the cavity about 2/3 the way full. Set the pan into the air fryer at 320 degrees F for 15-18 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Let the whoopie pies cool while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, in a large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar, continue to mix until smooth.
- To assemble the whoopie pies, add about 3 tablespoons of filling onto one side of the whoopie pie, and then use another to cover the filling. Making a sandwich.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 537Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 91mgSodium: 450mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 7g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.