Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Whoopie Pies — Whoopie pies are a classic dessert, but they can be a little bit time-consuming to make. That’s where the air fryer comes in! These Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Whoopie Pies are super easy to make and so delicious. Plus, they’re a fun way to use up any leftover apples from your fall apple picking trip. Give them a try!
The air fryer is the newest must-have kitchen appliance. It cooks food by circulating hot air around it, so it’s a healthier alternative to deep frying. These apple cinnamon whoopie pies are the perfect way to test out your new air fryer! They’re easy to make and taste amazing. Plus, they’re a great way to use up any leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner. Give them a try!
What Are Whoopie Pies?
If you’re a cook, then you’ve probably heard of whoopie pies. But what are they exactly? They’re a dessert made from two round pieces of cake-like cookies, with cream cheese or marshmallow filling in the middle. The name is derived from the fact that when you take a bite out of one, it makes a “whoopee!” sound. They’re especially popular in New England, where there are even festivals dedicated to them. So if you’re looking for something new and exciting to add to your dessert repertoire, why not give whoopie pies a try?
Why You Will Love Making Apple Cinnamon Whoopie Pies In The Air Fryer
Whoopie pies have always been one of my favorite desserts. The cake and creaminess are the perfect combinations. But I never thought to make them in the air fryer until recently. Let me tell you, it was a fantastic decision! The air fryer cooks them evenly and perfectly, so they come out soft and fluffy every time. Plus, the apple cinnamon flavor is amazing! If you are looking for a delicious and easy dessert, then you need to try making apple cinnamon whoopie pies in your air fryer. You will love them!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Whoopie Pies
The apple cinnamon whoopie pies are a delicious treat that you can enjoy guilt-free. They are made with healthy ingredients, and they are air fried so they are low in fat. You will need some basic ingredients to make these pies, and they come together quickly so you can have a tasty snack in no time.
- Yellow Cake Mix: You can use any brand that you want, use your favorite!
- Apple Sauce: A great way to make a healthy dessert! This eliminated the vegetable or canola oil while providing a moist dessert!
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature eggs.
- Apples: Use any of your favorites, dice them small.
- Brown Sugar: Nothing goes better with apples than brown sugar. The molasses in the brown sugar is amazing!
- Vanilla Extract: For the best flavor, use pure vanilla extract!
- Seasonings/Spices: Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, and Ground Cloves.
How To Cook Apple Cinnamon Whoopie Pies In the Air Fryer
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and apple sauce until combined.
Add the diced apples and spices to a small saucepan and saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the apples have softened.
Allow the apple mixture to cool slightly and stir into the cake batter mix.
Fill the whoopie pie cavities using a whoopie pie pan or drop tablespoons of the batter onto parchment paper. You’ll be working in batches. (This will depend on what air fryer you are using. Air Fryer Oven Models, can fit a pan, while Air Fryer Baskets can not)
Set the air fry setting to 320 degrees and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the whoopie pies are cooked through.
Cool the whoopie pie cakes on a wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
How To Make Whoopie Pie Filling
In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and cream until smooth with an electric or stand mixer.
Fill a piping bag with the cream filling and pipe it onto one cake, and top with another to create a whoopie pie.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Whoopie Pies
Whoopie pies are a classic dessert that can be made in a variety of flavors. Today, we’re sharing some pro tips for making the best air fried whoopie pies! With these tips, you’ll be able to make delicious and fluffy whoopie pies every time. Keep reading for more information!
- Overmixing: Do not overmix otherwise you will end up with dense Whoppie pie, once the batter is mixed, stop mixing.
- Dough Cold: Keep the dough cold, while you are cooking the Whoopie Pies in batches. This will help the shape of the whoopie pies.
How to Store Whoopie Pies
Whoopie pies are a delicious dessert that can be enjoyed by many. However, there is often the question of how to store them so they remain fresh and delicious. Here are some tips on how to store whoopie pies so they last for several days.
For best results, if you want to store them, do not ice them, until right before serving.
- Let the whoopie pies cool to room temperature.
- Store them in an airtight container, or Ziploc Bag.
- They will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
- Let the whoopie pies come to room temperature, before icing them.
What Pans To Use In The Air Fryer For Whoopie Pies
Whoopie pies are a classic dessert that can be enjoyed in so many different ways. Below, we’re going to show you what pans to use in the air fryer for whoopie pies.
For Air Fryer Basket Models: You can cut these with a pair of scissors: Silicone Muffin Top Pans for Baking, 6-Cavity Non-Stick 3″ Round Whoopie Pie Pan/ Mini Tart Pan for Egg Cloud Bread Bun English Muffins Sandwiches Bakeware Mold
For Air Fryer Oven Models: Fox Run Non-Stick Whoopie Pie Pan, Medium, Silver
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Do you love your air fryer? If you don’t have one yet, what are you waiting for? They’re amazing! Not only do they make delicious fried foods, but now there are lots of recipes for desserts that can be made in the air fryer. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!
AIR FRYER RED VELVET WHOOPIE PIES: Red velvet whoopie pies are the perfect dessert for your next party! Not only do they taste amazing, but they also look pretty impressive. Plus, the air fryer makes them super easy to make – you won’t have to worry about turning on the oven and heating up your kitchen. So give these a try next time you need a sweet treat!
AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY CAKE: This recipe for Air Fryer Strawberry Cake is so quick, easy, and delicious! You will love how amazing it tastes, and your family and friends will be amazed that you made it in the air fryer. This is definitely a must-try recipe! Enjoy!
AIR FRYER COPYCAT CHILI’S MOLTEN LAVA CAKE: Who doesn’t love Chili’s molten lava cake? This delicious dessert can be made right at home in your air fryer. Enjoy!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Whoopie Pies
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup apples, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and apple sauce until combined.
- Add the diced apples and spices to a small saucepan and saute over medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the apples have softened
- Allow the apple mixture to cool slightly and stir into the cake batter mix.
- Fill the whoopie pie cavities using a whoopie pie pan or drop tablespoons of the batter onto parchment paper. You’ll be working in batches.
- Set the air fry setting to 320 degrees and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the whoopie pies are cooked through.
- Cool the whoopie pie cakes on a wire rack. Meanwhile, prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and cream until smooth with an electric or stand mixer.
- Fill a piping bag with the cream filling and pipe onto one cake, and top with another to create a whoopie pie.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Whoopie Pie Pan
- Cooking Spray