Air Fryer Homemade Strawberry Cake is an effortless dessert to make. You can make this elegant dessert in minutes with only a few ingredients and a carton of fresh strawberries!
You must love a homemade cake in the air fryer! The best thing about making a cake in the air fryer is that it is simple to make bakes faster than in a traditional oven, and they are light, fluffy, and moist, everything you want in a cake.
If you are trying to make this in Strawberry Season, which is Juen where I live, you don’t even need to make your entire kitchen hot. With the help of the air fryer, you can enjoy your cake without heating your kitchen, perfect! Especially in those hot summer months!
What Is A Homemade Strawberry Cake?
I love cooking for my family and friends. I have been making a strawberry cake from scratch for years, and it never disappoints. With a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, you can whip up this fantastic dessert! The best part is there are no artificial flavors or colors to worry about. It’s just pure deliciousness!
And, of course, baking in the Air Fryer is genuinely excellent!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Strawberry Cake
- Granulated Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Vegetable Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Strawberries (Fresh)
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Strawberry Cake
Cream the eggs and sugar in a large bowl, then mix sour cream, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract. In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and stir until well combined.
Cut your strawberries in half. Spray your springform pan (the air fryer, your size, will determine the size) with cooking spray. Pour 1/2 of the prepared batter into the prepared pan, then top with 1/2 of the sliced strawberries. Pour in the remaining batter. Place the rest of the strawberries into the batter, with the tops facing up.
Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 12-15 minutes (air fryer setting) or until the toothpick comes out clean when placed in the middle of the cake.
The exact time depends on how large the cake pan is and what air fryer you use.
While the cake is baking, blend or puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender, then mix in the sugar.
Let the cake cool completely, then use the powdered sugar and dust over the cake. Serve with a drizzle of strawberry syrup.
THE MOST COMMON PROBLEM WITH BAKING CAKES IN THE AIR FRYER
Before we start, let us address the most common problem people have when baking cakes.
Which is that the middle does not bake. There are two different ways this happens. The cake pan was too thick. Unfortunately, in most air fryer accessory kits, the set includes a “cake pan,” too wide to bake the cake thoroughly.
WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN?
The air fryer works because it circulates hot air around the cake pan, which cooks the food. All a gooey center means is that the hot air never got to the center of the pan. Either the cake pan was too thick or not cooked long enough.
You are much better buying a thin cake pan, which will thoroughly cook the cake, or investing in a Bundt Cake Pan.
How long will this cake last?
This cake will stay good for about 2-4 days, although I would cover it tightly with saran wrap and place it in the refrigerator. Because of the strawberries in the cake, it can not sit around on the counter. Otherwise, it will turn mushy.
Can I Freeze This Air Fryer Cake?
You can easily make this ahead of time and then freeze. Wrap the cake tightly in saran wrap after the cake has cooled to room temperature. It will last for about 2 to 3 months.
Another great idea is to cut the cake into slices and wrap them in saran wrap so you have a quick snack.
For best results, defrost the cake in the refrigerator.
More Air Fryer Cake Recipes:
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON-SWIRL BUNDT COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER BUTTER CAKE RECIPE
- HOW TO MAKE A CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COFFEE CAKE
- AIR FRYER YELLOW CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTING
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled
- 1 pound strawberries hulled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2–4 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Cream the eggs and sugar in a large bowl, then mix in the sour cream, vegetable oil, and pure vanilla extract. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture, and stir until well combined.
- Cut your strawberries in half. Spray your springform pan (the size will be determined by the air fryer you own, the size) with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/2 of the prepared batter into the prepared pan, then top with 1/2 of the sliced strawberries.
- Pour in the remaining batter. Place the rest of the strawberries into the batter, with the tops facing up.
- Set the pan into the air fryer and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 12-15 minutes (air fryer setting) or until the toothpick comes out clean when placed in the middle of the cake.
- While the cake is baking, in a food processor or blender, blend or puree the strawberries, then mix in the sugar.
- Let the cake cool completely, then use the powdered sugar and dust over the cake. Serve with a drizzle of strawberry syrup.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
The exact time depends on how large the cake pan is and what type of air fryer you are using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 554Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 87gFiber: 3gSugar: 59gProtein: 6g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.