Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake — Get ready to indulge in a blissfully easy and irresistibly delicious dessert with this Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake!
Perfect for those moments when you crave something sweet but want to keep things simple, this recipe is a game-changer.
Combining the juicy, sweet flavors of strawberries with a crumbly, golden cake topping made effortlessly in your air fryer, this dessert is a delightful treat. Whether hosting a get-together, planning a family dinner, or treating yourself, the Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake promises to be a crowd-pleaser. So, grab your air fryer and create a dessert that’s as fuss-free as it is flavorful! 🍓🍰✨
Strawberry Dump Cake
Strawberry Dump Cake is a wonderfully simple yet irresistibly delicious dessert that has gained popularity for its ease of preparation and delightful taste. The “dump” in its name comes from the method of preparation – you “dump” the ingredients into a baking dish, making it a perfect recipe for both novice bakers and those looking for a quick sweet treat. This dessert typically layers juicy, sweet strawberries, either fresh or frozen, under a blanket of dry cake mix, which is then dotted with butter before baking. As it cooks, the butter melts, moistening the cake mix and creating a crumbly, golden topping that contrasts beautifully with the soft, warm strawberries beneath.
The charm of the Strawberry Dump Cake lies not only in its simplicity but also in its versatility. You can experiment with different cake mixes or add other fruits like rhubarb or blueberries for a different flavor profile. Some variations even include sprinklings of spices, nuts, or a splash of vanilla for extra depth. It’s a no-fuss dessert perfect for impromptu gatherings, potlucks, or as a comforting treat at the end of a long day. Served warm, perhaps with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, Strawberry Dump Cake becomes a delightful dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
You’re going to absolutely adore this Strawberry Dump Cake recipe for a multitude of reasons:
- Utter Simplicity: This recipe epitomizes the joy of effortless baking. With minimal prep and no complicated techniques, it’s perfect for those days when you want a homemade dessert without the fuss.
- Bursting with Flavor: The strawberries create a deliciously sweet and slightly tart base, which, when combined with the rich, buttery topping, offers a mouthwatering flavor balance that’s hard to resist.
- Versatile and Customizable: You can easily tweak this recipe to suit your taste. Mix in other fruits, add nuts for crunch or sprinkle in spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for added warmth and complexity.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Whether it’s a casual family dinner, a festive gathering, or a potluck, this dessert fits in seamlessly. It’s as suitable for a special occasion as a cozy night in.
- Comfort Food at Its Best: The warm, gooey texture combined with the familiar sweetness of strawberries and cake makes this a comforting treat that feels like a hug in a bowl.
- Great for All Skill Levels: From seasoned bakers to complete beginners, anyone can make this recipe successfully, making it a great option for involving kids in the kitchen or for those just starting to explore baking.
- Leftovers, if any, are Fabulous: Enjoyed warm or cold, the leftovers of this dump cake (if you’re lucky enough to have any!) make for a delightful snack or a quick breakfast option the next day.
This Strawberry Dump Cake recipe is a delightful blend of ease, flavor, and versatility, making it a beloved dessert choice for many.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake
Creating a delicious Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake is delightfully simple, and it all starts with just a few key ingredients:
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Strawberries: The star of the show, strawberries provide a sweet and slightly tart flavor base, creating a juicy layer in your dump cake.
- Yellow Cake Mix: This dry mix forms the crumbly, sweet topping of the cake. Its buttery flavor complements the strawberries perfectly.
- Butter: Sliced or melted, butter is drizzled or dotted over the cake mix, helping it to crisp up and turn golden brown in the air fryer.
- Strawberry Pie Filling: Perfect for a quick and delicious air fryer dessert, buy your favorite pie filling, store-bought or homemade, will work perfectly.
Each ingredient is essential in creating the delightful contrast of flavors and textures in the Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake, making this dessert easy to prepare and delicious.
How To Make Strawberry Dump Cake In Air Fryer
Making Strawberry Dump Cake in an Air Fryer is a breeze, and the results are deliciously rewarding. Here’s how to do it:
Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. Lightly spray two 6” x 6” cake pans with non-stick cooking spray. Spread the pie filling evenly into the bottom of each baking pan.
Sprinkle the chopped strawberries over the pie filling in each baking pan. Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over the strawberry mixture in each cake pan. Do not stir the ingredients together.
Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix in each baking pan. Do not stir this together – leave the melted butter on each mixture’s top. Tilt your baking pans slightly to ensure the melted butter covers the dry cake mix.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and the filling mixture bubbles. All air fryers are different, so you may want to check yours at 16 minutes if your air fryer bakes quickly.
Let the strawberry dump cakes cool a bit (about 30 minutes) before serving. You’ll want to serve these warm but not hot.
- *If your brand of yellow (golden) cake mix is slightly less than 15.25 ounces / 432 grams, that is okay. You can still use a slightly smaller cake mix (375 grams) in this recipe.
- If you don’t have two 6” x 6” cake pans, use ten 7 to 8-ounce ramekins. Mix it up using one 6” x 6” cake pan and five 7 to 8-ounce ramekins. The size of your air fryer will also be a deciding factor in what size baking dishes you use. No matter the size of the baking dish, the baking time remains the same.
To ensure your Strawberry Dump Cake turns out perfectly every time, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Use Fresh or Frozen Strawberries: While fresh strawberries are ideal for their flavor and texture, frozen strawberries can also work well. There’s no need to thaw them first; extend the cooking time slightly.
- Evenly Spread the Cake Mix: Sprinkle the cake mix over the strawberries. This helps avoid any dry spots and ensures an even, crumbly topping after cooking.
- Don’t Stir the Layers: Resist the urge to mix the strawberries and cake mix. The layered approach is what gives this cake its unique texture.
- Properly Distribute the Butter: Whether you’re slicing or melting the butter, ensure it covers the cake mix as evenly as possible. This will help you achieve a uniformly golden-brown crust.
- Check for Doneness: Depending on your air fryer model, cooking times may vary. The cake is made when the topping is golden brown and the strawberry layer is bubbly.
- Let It Cool Before Serving: Give the dump cake a few minutes to cool after cooking. This resting period allows the flavors to meld and the juices to thicken slightly.
- Adjust Sweetness: If your strawberries aren’t sweet, sprinkle sugar before adding the cake mix. Alternatively, choose a less sweet cake mix or reduce the added sugar if you prefer a less sweet dessert.
- Add a Crunch: For added texture, sprinkle a layer of chopped nuts, such as almonds or pecans, over the cake mix before adding the butter.
- Serving Suggestions: Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream for a classic combination, or try Greek yogurt for a healthier twist.
- Storage and Reheating: Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave or air fryer to enjoy the next day.
Following these tips will help you create a Strawberry Dump Cake that’s consistently delicious, with the perfect balance of juicy strawberries and a crumbly, golden topping.
Can I use other fruits besides strawberries? Absolutely! While strawberries are classic, you can experiment with blueberries, raspberries, peaches, apples, or a mix of your favorite fruits.
Can I make this cake with a different type of cake mix? Yes, you can use various flavors of cake mix like vanilla, chocolate, or spice, depending on the flavor profile you’re going for.
Do I need to thaw frozen strawberries before using them? No, you can use frozen strawberries directly. Just note that the cooking time might be slightly longer.
Can I make this dump cake in a regular oven? Yes, this recipe can easily be adapted to a conventional oven. Bake it at 350°F (175°C) for about 35-45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
How do I know when the dump cake is done? The cake is done when the topping is golden brown and the fruit layer is bubbly. You can insert a toothpick into the topping; if it comes out clean, it’s ready.
Can I make the dump cake less sweet? To reduce sweetness, choose a less sweet cake mix, or reduce the amount of added sugar or sweet ingredients in the recipe.
What’s the best way to serve Strawberry Dump Cake? It’s best served warm, often with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
How should I store leftovers? Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It usually keeps well for up to 3 days.
Can I make this cake ahead of time? While it’s best enjoyed fresh, you can bake it a few hours in advance. Just reheat it slightly before serving to bring back its warm and comforting feel.
Is it necessary to use butter? Can I substitute it? Butter is essential for the texture and flavor of the topping. However, you can use margarine or a butter alternative if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
- PREPARING A BUNDT CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER OR INSTANT POT
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMP CAKE
- BETTY CROCKER MUG TREATS AIR FRYER
- HOW TO BAKE A CAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CAKE POPS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA CINNAMON CRUMB COFFEE CAKE
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Strawberry Dump Cake
- 21 ounces strawberry pie filling
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix,
- ¾ cup butter, unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat air fryer to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly spray two 6” x 6” cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.** Set aside for now.
- Spread the pie filling evenly into the bottom of each baking pan.
- Sprinkled the chopped strawberries over top of the pie filling in each baking pan.
- Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over the strawberry mixture in each cake pan. Do not stir the ingredients together.
- Pour the melted butter evenly over the cake mix in each baking pan. Do not stir this together – leave the melted butter sitting on the top of each mixture. Tilt your baking pans around just slightly to make sure the melted butter is covering all of the dry cake mix.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and the filling mixture is bubbling. All air fryers are different so you may want to start checking yours at 16 minutes if your air fryer tends to bake quickly.
- Let the strawberry dump cakes cool a bit (about 30 minutes) before serving. You’ll want to serve these warm but not hot.
- Optional: serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Store leftovers in a sealed food-safe container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Pan, See notes below