Air Fryer Chocolate Protein Mug Cake –It’s hard to believe that something so delicious and indulgent could be good for you, but this Air Fryer Chocolate Protein Mug Cake is! Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s packed with protein to help give you energy and support your fitness goals. Plus, it’s ready in just minutes, making it the perfect last-minute dessert or snack. Give it a try today!
The air fryer has taken the cooking world by storm in recent years, and for a good reason! This small appliance can produce amazingly crispy results for all foods- from chicken to sweet potato fries.
So when I decided to try my hand at an air fryer chocolate protein mug cake, I wasn’t sure what to expect. It turns out the cake was delicious and super easy to make! If you’re looking for a quick and healthy dessert that doesn’t require an oven or special ingredients, this recipe is for you!
Easy Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
Do you love chocolate cake but don’t have time for a full baking adventure? This recipe is for you! You can make this delicious and healthy chocolate mug cake in just a few minutes and a microwave. It’s perfect as an after-dinner dessert or a quick snack to power up your day. Plus, it’s packed with protein, which will help keep you satisfied until your next meal. Give it a try today!
- Cocoa Powder: Use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Flour: Use spelled, white, or oat flour.
- Chocolate Protein Powder: Use your favorite protein chocolate powder.
- Salt: Adds some flavor to the chocolate mug cake.
- Baking Powder: Make sure you use fresh baking powder.
- Sugar: Use either granulated sugar or a sugar substitute.
- Oil: Use vegetable oil, unsweetened apple sauce, or a smashed banana. Either of these will work.
- Liquid: You can either use water or milk.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: This adds flavor. Make sure you use pure vanilla extract rather than imitations.
How To Make Air Fryer Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
In small ramekins (8 or 10 ounces) or a mug, mix the cocoa powder, flour, protein powder, salt, baking powder, and sugar together.
Then fold in the oil, milk (or water), and chocolate chips. Mix well. Place your mug into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes. Or until the mug cake is fully cooked!
- Flour: You can use oat flour or gluten-free flour, or for a keto and low-carb option, you can use almond flour or almond meal.
- Milk: If you have a milk allergy, you can easily omit or use a milk substitute, oat milk, almond milk, coconut milk, or water.
- Add-Ins: You can easily use butterscotch, white vanilla, or even caramel chips in this recipe. If you are on a keto and low-carb diet, you can also use Lily’s Keto-Friendly Chocolate Chips!
- Protein Powder: I used chocolate protein powder, but you can easily use your own flavor. I would stick to either vanilla or a neutral-tasting protein powder for this recipe.
What Toppings Can I Add To A Mug Cake?
Mug cakes are the perfect single-serving dessert. But what do you put on top of them? Here are some ideas for delicious toppings that will take your mug cake to the next level.
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate or Caramel Sauce
- Fresh Fruit: Diced Strawberries, Blackberries, or Raspberries.
- Ice Cream or Yogurt.
Can I Use Ramekins In Air Fryer
I love to make mug cakes inside small ramekins. If you make 2-3 mug cakes at a time, you can always save them for another day.
It’s the perfect portion size and doesn’t require many dishes! Depending on the size of the ramekin, it needs to be cooked longer or shorter, so remember to check on your Air Fryer Chocolate Protein Mug Cake frequently while it cooks up!
If you want to double this batch for one for today and one for tomorrow, that will work well. Remember, these are best when served right out of the air fryer. But if you have any leftovers, let the protein mug cake cool to room temperature and then place it into an airtight container.
Placed into the refrigerator, it will last for 1 to 2 days. You can reheat it in the microwave or the air fryer, heating it until warm.
How To Make Chocolate Protein Mug Cake In The Microwave
Looking for a quick and easy way to satisfy your sweet tooth? This chocolate protein mug cake is the perfect solution! Made in the microwave in just minutes, it’s a delicious and healthy dessert alternative.
Here is how to make it:
- Prepare as directed in the recipe below.
- Set the mug or ramekin into the microwave and heat at 60 to 80 seconds, at high powder, string every 10 seconds.
- Remove when fully cooked.
More Air Fryer Mug Cake Recipes
Do you love mug cakes? If so, you’ll love these air fryer mug cake recipes! They are simple to make and come out delicious every time. Plus, they’re the perfect size for a quick snack or dessert. So, what are you waiting for? Check out these recipes now!
AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE: Do you love Oreos? How about cake? If so, you’ll love this recipe for an Air Fryer 2 Ingredient Oreo Mug Cake! It’s super easy to make and delicious! Plus, it only takes a few minutes to cook in the air fryer. So go ahead and give it a try! You won’t be disappointed.
AIR FRYER LEMON MUG CAKE: Lemons are a great way to add flavor to all sorts of dishes, from savory to sweet. In this recipe, we’re using them to make a delicious and healthy mug cake that is perfect for a quick and easy dessert. Best of all, it only takes minutes to cook in the air fryer!
AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY & CREAM MUG CAKE: If you love strawberry and cream cheesecake, you will love this mug version of the classic dessert. The air fryer does all the work for you, making it a breeze. Best of all, this mug cake is gluten-free and low in calories! So indulge in your sweet tooth cravings with this delicious treat.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons oat flour, or spelt, or white
- 2 tablespoons chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 tablespoons water, or milk
- 1/8 cup chocolate chips, keto/low carb
- In small ramekins (8 or 10 ounces) or a mug, mix the cocoa powder, flour, protein powder, salt, baking powder, and sugar together.
- Then fold in the oil, milk (or water), and chocolate chips. Mix well. Place your mug into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes. Or until the mug cake is fully cooked!
- Air Fryer
- Oven Safe Mug, or Ramekin