Air Fryer Chocolate Whoopie Pies — Cooks all know that the chocolate whoopie pie is a classic dessert. But have you ever tried making them in your air fryer? They come out crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside. Plus, they only take about 10 minutes to make! So if you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert, give these air fryer chocolate whoopie pies a try. You won’t be disappointed!
The Air Fryer is a magical appliance that you didn’t know you needed. With it, you can make delicious whoopie pies without having to turn on your oven. These chocolate whoopie pastries are fluffy and chocolatey, and they’re sure to be a hit with everyone! Plus, they’re much healthier than traditional whoopie pies because they don’t contain any butter or oil. Give them a try today!
What is a whoopie pie?
If you’re a cook, then you’ve likely heard the term “whoopie pie” before, but what exactly is it? A whoopie pie is a type of dessert made from two round pieces of cake-like dough sandwiched together with a creamy filling. They are typically eaten cold or at room temperature and are most commonly found in parts of the United States where they originated. Although there is some debate over who invented the first whoopie pie, they have been around since at least the 1920s. So if you’re looking for a new dessert to add to your repertoire, be sure to give these little guys a try!
Why you will love whoopie pies
Whoopie pies are a classic dessert that everyone seems to love. There are so many different variations of whoopie pies, and they can be made with either chocolate or vanilla cake batter. Plus, there’s usually a cream cheese filling in the center. Who wouldn’t love these creamy and delicious pies? They’re perfect for any occasion, and you can make them as simple or complex as you want. Trust me, and you’ll be hooked once you try a whoopie pie!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chocolate Whoopie Pies
The Air Fryer has become one of my favorite kitchen appliances. I love that it cooks food using little to no oil, making it a healthier option. Plus, the results are always delicious. Today, I will share a recipe for Air Fryer Chocolate Whoopie Pies. This is an excellent dessert for parties or gatherings, and best of all, it’s really easy to make! So gather up your ingredients, and let’s get started!
- All-Purpose Flour: You can also use gluten-free all-purpose flour. For a gluten-free dessert!
- Baking Soda: Make sure you use fresh baking soda.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder: Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder. Otherwise, your whoopie pies will be too sweet.
- Salt: Adds some flavor to the pie!
- Butter: Use unsalted butter for the best results. If you only have salted butter, you can eliminate the salt from the recipe.
- Brown Sugar: The molasse in the brown sugar adds a lot of flavors!
- Egg: Use large eggs.
- Vanilla Extract: For best results, use pure vanilla extract, for the best flavor!
- Milk: Use whole milk.
How To Cook Chocolate Whoopie Pies In The Air Fryer
Mix the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl. Then mix in the other ingredients. Mix well, so everything is well incorporated.
Then spray your whoopie pie cavities. Fill your cavities with the batter.
Set in the air fryer oven/basket for 5 minutes at 320 degrees F. Let the whoopie pies cool slightly; meanwhile, make the filling. In a large bowl, mix the shortening, powdered sugar, Marshmallow Fluff, and salt, and mix well. Then place a scoop of filling onto one side of the whoopie pie, use another one to close it, and make a sandwich.
For an extra special touch, you can use any buttercream flavor or roll the sides in festive colored sprinkles. I like using sparkling sugar to dress these whoopie pies up even more, but if it’s not too much work, adding mix-ins such as crushed candy canes would also be great!
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is whoopie pie filling made of?
Whoopie pies are a dessert lover’s dream. Soft, fluffy pillows of cake, sandwiched around the rich and creamy filling – what’s not to love? But what is whoopie pie filling made of? Surprisingly, there is no one answer to that question! Different recipes call for other ingredients, but the filling is mostly made from butter, marshmallow creme, sugar, flour, and cocoa powder. Whether you’re looking to make your own whoopie pies from scratch or want to know what goes into them, this guide will tell you everything you need to know about whoopie pie fillings
Why are my whoopie pies flat?
Whoopie pies should be fluffy, cakey pillows of joy. But sometimes, they turn out flat. Why is that? And more importantly, how can you ensure your whoopie pies are fluffy every time?
Usually, your whoopie pies are flat if the baking soda is old or you don’t measure the flour correctly.
Is whoopie pie a cake or cookie?
When it comes to classic American desserts, whoopie pies are up there with the best. But what exactly are they? Cake or cookie? It’s a question that’s been debated for years, but we finally have an answer. According to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), whoopie pies are cookies. However, many people still consider them to be a type of cake. No matter which side you’re on, there’s no denying that these treats are delicious! So if you’re looking for a sweet snack that will satisfy your cravings, give whoopie pies a try. You won’t be disappointed!
What Whoopie Pie Pans Can You Use In The Air Fryer?
Is there anything better than a fresh whoopie pie? This classic dessert is the perfect combination of cake and cream, and it’s always a hit with kids and adults. But whoopie pies can be tricky to make – unless you have the right tools. So today, we’re going to ask the question: what whoopie pie pans can you use in the air fryer? Keep reading to find out more!
- EXULTIMATE Muffin Top Pan Professional Pansuffin Pan Non-Stick 12 Cavity Baking Moon Pie Whoopie Pie, Hamburger Bun Pan
- Walfos Premium Silicone Muffin Top Pan, Non-Stick Muffin Top Baking Pan, Prefect for Baking Cake, Corn Bread, Muffin Top and More, Food Grade and BPA Free (2-PK Silicone Muffin Top Pan)
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes:
If you’re like me, you’ve loved your air fryer since you got it. It is excellent for making healthier versions of your favorite fried foods and is also perfect for whipping up quick and easy desserts. In case you need some inspiration, here are four of my favorite air fryer dessert recipes. Enjoy!
This Halloween season, get in the spooky spirit with these delicious air fryer dark cookies! They’re perfect for a party or to take trick-or-treating. They’re super easy to make and only require a few ingredients. So grab your air fryer, and let’s get baking!
AIR FRYER CARMEL APPLE CINNAMON ROLLS: Do you love cinnamon rolls? Do you love apples? If so, you will LOVE these Air Fryer Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls! They are the perfect combination of sweet and delicious! Plus, they are straightforward to make! You will be able to have a delightful breakfast or dessert in no time at all! Trust me, and you don’t want to miss out on these!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Chocolate Whoopie Pies
Chocolate Whoopie Pie:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup milk
Classic Marshmallow Whoopie Pie Filling:
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cup Marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Then mix in the other ingredients.
- Mix well, so everything is well incorporated.
- Then spray your whoopie pie cavities (see my suggestions under Kitchen Items used) Fill your cavities with the batter.
- Set in the air fryer oven/basket for 5 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Let the whoppie pies cool slightly, meanwhile make the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening, powdered sugar, Marshmallow Fluff, and salt, mix well.
- Then place a scoop of filling onto one side of the whoopie pie, use another one to close it an make a sandwich.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Pan, see blog post for suggestions