Today, I made these amazing chocolate whoopie pies. I actually made 24 of them. They were delicious, they made a great afternoon snack.
I have been using my air fryer and experiment with different foods. so this is what I came up with.
Follow along with our cooking adventures on Facebook
This is one of the simplest recipes ever, but the taste is fabulous. This actually is going to be a regular series on my blog, because as I recently discovered, there are so many different ways to make a Whoopie Pie and the Filling, and I personally think baked goods do fabulous in the Air Fryer. I didn’t even know before today, that Williams Sonoma has a huge section of their website dedicated to this. They have amazing flavors such as Pineapple Brown Sugar, doesn’t that sound fabulous, to strawberry. So, maybe I will try them all LOL.
I am not a great baker. I love a good baking hack because my family loves dessert, but I’ve never been that good with it. I prefer cooking. But, I have been really experimenting with the air fryer.
The one word of caution about baking in the air fryer is it’s more complicated to bake in the air fryer because it will really depend on your air fryer. What works in one of my air fryers does not work in my other air fryer. My little tip for this, is that I usually set it for a temperature, and then I take it out and look at it, does it need more time, how much time? If it’s sort of golden brown, I usually check on it a LOT in the last 5 minutes of baking/air frying. Basically, because I don’t want to eat up with burnt food. So, use your common sense while baking and don’t’ be afraid to experiment. Most of my greatest recipes have started out as experiments.
My mother used to make these for breakfast and early morning sports games, nowadays I make Quick Bread. Quick bread is great because they can be prepared ahead of time, and they freeze amazingly. Quick bread comes in a huge amount of variety and they are super easy to whip up and create a fast and somewhat healthy breakfast or snack. (They also make a wonderful dessert)
To be successful at making the batter for loaves of bread in the Air Fryer:
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In most quick loaves of bread, this will include flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them all together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl. This usually includes milk, oil, and eggs.
- Then combine the two together and mix until all of the dry ingredients are gone, scrape the bottom of the pan. To make sure that when you fill the cake pan, you do not come across any flour, that has not to be absorbed into the wet ingredients.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter, as you will increase the level of gluten and the bread will become tough.
I will give you a word of warning these pieces of bread are addicting, you will not be able to eat just one piece. The flavor is AMAZING! This makes an amazing breakfast, pair it with a great cup of coffee and you have the best breakfast you will ever have. I hope that you give it a sot, you will not be disappointed.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
This was a fabulous dessert, nice and light and fluffy a treat for the entire family.
Chocolate Whoppie Pie:
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk (MUST BE WHOLE)
Classic Marshmallow Whoopie Pie Filling:
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cups Marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Then mix in the other ingredients.
- Mix well, so everything is well incorporated.
- Then spray your whoopie pie cavities (see my suggestions under Kitchen Items used) Fill your cavities with the batter.
- Set in the air fryer oven/basket for 5 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- Let the whoppie pies cool slightly, meanwhile make the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the shortening, powdered sugar, Marshmallow Fluff, and salt, mix well.
- Then place a scoop of filling onto one side of the whoopie pie, use another one to close it an make a sandwich.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!