Are you looking for a delicious side dish that is easy to make and sure to please? Look no further than these air fryer pesto potatoes!
With just a few simple ingredients, plus an air fryer, your family can enjoy these tasty potatoes in minutes. Perfectly crispy on the outside with a soft inside texture, they’re exploding with flavor thanks to the homemade pesto. Whether you opt for red or white potatoes as your base ingredient, these are guaranteed to be an unforgettable crowd-pleaser!
The Best Air Fryer Pesto Potatoes
Potatoes lovers rejoice! With the popularity of air fryers, you can now make perfectly crispy, delicious potatoes with minimal effort. If you’re looking for something different than your usual fries and chips, we’ve got the perfect recipe for you: Air Fryer Pesto Potatoes.
Filled to the brim with flavor – this potato combination will surely please any crowd. Using ingredients like garlic and pesto sauce, these potatoes come alive with just a few simple steps that are easy enough for all cooking levels. So ready up those air fryers, roll up your sleeves, and let’s get frying!
Why You Will Love These Air Fryer Potatoes
If you’ve been searching for a delicious and healthy side dish to add to your dinner table, look no further than air fryer potatoes! Not only are they straightforward to make, but they also provide many essential nutrients for good health. With their crispy texture and delectable flavor, these mouth-watering potatoes will be a hit amongst even the pickiest eaters. Plus, air frying helps reduce the amount of oil used in cooking while preserving all the goodness of potatoes. Read on to find out why you’ll love this delicious recipe!
With the rise of delicious home-cooked meals, more and more people are looking for direction regarding ingredients and quantities needed for their dishes. This is especially true with new or unfamiliar recipes as almost every dish will require a different combination of products in order to create a masterpiece. No matter how sophisticated the dish may be, all great meals start from selecting quality ingredients so let’s take look at what ingredient selection entails!
Remember the step-by-step directions and full recipe are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Baby Potatoes
- Pesto Use homemade or store-bought pesto
- Oil: Use avocado oil, coconut oil. or olive oil
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Red Chili Flakes
How To Cook Pesto Potatoes In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare The Potatoes
Cut your potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees For 2-3 minutes. In a large bowl add the baby potatoes, olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper, and mix well to coat the potatoes.
Step Two: Air Fry Pesto Potatoes
Place the coated potatoes, single layer, into the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Set the cooking time for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting. Remove when the potatoes are fork-tender.
Step Three: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and a pinch of salt.
- Preheating: Preheating your air fyrer really makes these small potatoes crips up! So, I would recommend using a preheated air fryer for this recipe.
- Serving: You can serve with fresh basil leaves or more pesto sauce drizzled on top or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Easy Clean-Up: You can line your air-fryer basket with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Potatoes: You can also any type of potato for this recipe, I had made this with sweet potatoes, red potatoes, and even fingerling potatoes.
How To Store
When storing cooked potatoes, make sure you wait until they have cooled completely, to room temperature, before putting them away. Place the potatoes in an airtight container and store them in the refrigerator. They will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
What To Serve With Pesto Baby Potatoes
Pesto potatoes can be served with a variety of dishes to create an incredibly delicious meal. If you’d like to include some protein in your meal, air fryer chicken breast, or air fryer fish such as air fryer bbq salmon or air fryer crispy cod pairs nicely with pesto potatoes.
Adding a green salad is also a great way to add some freshness and crunch. For something heartier, a side dish such as Brussels sprouts, carrots, and Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, AIr Fyrer French Fries, makes for a great way to complete the meal.
If you’re looking for something more filling, steak or pork chops are delicious options that go well with pesto potatoes. And of course, don’t forget about the pasta! This makes for a great quick pesto potato salad.
What Is Pesto Sauce
Pesto is an Italian sauce usually made from a combination of fresh basil, garlic, olive oil, pine nuts, Parmesan cheese, and salty Pecorino Romano. The traditional version of pesto also calls for a mortar and pestle to grind all the ingredients together until it is properly blended and creamy. However, many people today use a blender or food processor to make their pesto.
Pesto is often used as a sauce for pasta, spread on sandwiches and pizzas, or added to soups and salads. It can also be used with other herbs such as oregano and thyme for different flavor combinations. Pesto is an incredibly versatile condiment that can be enjoyed in a multitude of ways, you can easily use this easy homemade pesto recipe, which is one of my favorites, or pick up a basil pesto sauce, or red pesto at your local grocery store.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER POLENTA FRIES
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATOES WITH SAGE BROWN BUTTER
- GREAT VALUE PIZZA ROLLS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SEA SALT KALE CHIPS
- AIR FRYER STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
- HOW TO REHEAT CHICKEN BREAST IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT POUNDCAKE
- AIR FRYER TACO STICKS
Air fryer pesto potatoes provide you with a quick, easy, and delicious dish. Making them couldn’t be simpler and the result is sure to amaze your family and friends. They make the perfect side dish, finger food, or snack, depending on when you decide to enjoy them. Plus they are a much healthier alternative to their deep-fried counterparts!
Air Fryer Pesto Potatoes
- 1 pound baby potatoes, or new potaotes
- 4 tablespoons pesto, prepared
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili flakes, optional
- Cut your potatoes into 1-inch pieces. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees For 2-3 minutes. In a large bowl add the baby potatoes, olive oil, kosher salt, and black pepper, and mix well to coat the potatoes.
- Place the coated potatoes, single layer, into the air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Set the cooking time for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting. Remove when the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, and a pinch of salt.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, or cooking spray