Air Fryer Stuffed Cabbage Rolls –Are you looking for a delicious and healthy recipe to make in your air fryer? If so, then you need to try these air fryer stuffed cabbage rolls! They are simple to make and taste amazing. Plus, they are a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables. So give them a try today!
If you’re looking for an interesting and delicious air fryer recipe, you’ve got to try these air fryer stuffed cabbage rolls! They’re easy to make and are a great way to use up any leftover cabbage you might have. Plus, they’re absolutely delicious – perfect for a winter meal. So give them a try today!
An Easy Cabbage Roll Recipe
Cabbage rolls are a popular traditional dish, but they can be tricky to make. This easy cabbage roll recipe is perfect for cooks of all levels! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and hearty meal your whole family will love. So why not give it a try? You may be surprised at just how easy these cabbage rolls are to make!
Why Make Cabbage Rolls In The Air Fryer
Making cabbage rolls is a time-consuming process. It usually involves boiling the cabbage leaves until they are soft, then filling them with a meat and rice mixture before rolling them up and baking them in the oven.
But there is a way to make cabbage rolls without all of that tedious work: using your air fryer! With the air fryer, you can easily cook the cabbage rolls without having to worry about them getting overcooked or drying out. So if you’re looking for an easy way to make delicious cabbage rolls, check out this recipe for Air Fryer Cabbage Rolls!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Are you looking for a new and interesting recipe to try in your air fryer? If so, you should definitely check out these air fryer stuffed cabbage rolls. They are delicious, and unlike anything you’ve ever tried before. Plus, they are really easy to make, which is always a bonus. Keep reading for the recipe.
- Cabbage Leaves: Use large, untorn leaves
- Ground Meat: Use lean ground beef, either 90/10, or 80/20, you can also prepare these with ground turkey, or chicken, for a healthier option.
- Rice: Use cooked white or brown rice.
- Onions: Use diced onions, either sweet or regular.
- Egg: Use large, room temperature eggs, which will bind the filling together.
- Milk: You can use any milk or milk alternative, such as oat milk, almond milk, or lactaid-free milk.
- Tomato Sauce: Find your favorite tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought.
- Diced-Tomatoes: Add some diced tomatoes for some texture.
- Seasonings/Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, and Sweet Paprika.
How To Make Stuffed Cabbage Rolls In The Air Fryer
Start by blanching the cabbage leaves, and cook for about 3 minutes in boiling water. In a large bowl, add the ground beef, rice, onions, egg, sweet paprika, black pepper, salt, and milk. Mix well.
Add about 3 tablespoons of beef filling to your cabbage leaf, rolling the cabbage leaf up.
As you make your cabbage leaves, place them onto a greased oven-safe dish.
Once you make all of your cabbage leaves, add all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl, and then pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls. Place the oven-safe dish into the air fryer, set the temperature to 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes until the beef is cooked through.
Serve with a garnish of fresh herbs and tomato sauce.
Cabbage Roll Sauce
The addition of tomato soup to a traditional Polish dish can be an interesting twist that adds both flavor and texture.
Cabbage rolls are typically covered in sauce or juice, but we love making our own sauce, today I used a simple recipe:
- Tomato Sauce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Granulated Sugar
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cornstarch Slurry
You can also use a simple store-bought marina or tomato sauce.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
Are you looking for a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make dish for your next dinner party? Well, look no further than air fryer stuffed cabbage rolls! This popular Eastern European dish is not only tasty, but it’s also low in calories and gluten-free. To make sure your stuffed cabbage rolls turn out perfect every time, follow these pro tips:
- Use lean ground beef or turkey to keep the dish low in fat.
- Use cooked white rice instead of brown rice – it provides more moisture in the cabbage roll, as it cooks up.
- Don’t overfill the cabbage leaves – they should be just about bursting with stuffing.
- Don’t forget to brush the tops of the cabbage rolls with olive oil or melted butter before cooking – this will add flavor and crispy edges.
- Cook them until they are cooked through and golden brown on top.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do you add sugar added to tomato sauce?
Typically granulated sugar is added to tomato sauce, which helps to reduce the acid in the sauce. The sugar gives it a balanced flavor, and more neutral.
Can I cook the cabbage leaves another way?
Yes, you can easily microwave the cabbage rolls. To do so, place the cabbage leaves into a bowl, and add water, to cover them. cook on high for 3 to 5 minutes.
What kind of side dishes go with stuffed cabbage rolls?
When it comes to traditional comfort food, there’s nothing quite like stuffed cabbage rolls. But what side dishes go well with them? Check out these ideas to see which ones will best complement your meal.
- Garden Salad
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fried Asparagus
- Buttered Noodles
I don’t have ground beef, can I use all ground pork?
Yes, you can use ground pork, ground turkey, or even ground chicken. This recipe is very versatile and can be adapted in many ways.
Can cabbage rolls be made ahead and baked later?
Yes, this is a great dish that you can easily assemble ahead of time. Cover tightly and refrigerate, for up to 24 hours. Then air fry the dish up!
Can I Freezer Cabbage Rolls?
Yes, prepare the recipe ad called for in the recipe, and then transfer it to a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. The cabbage rolls will keep in the freezer for about 2 to 3 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, before air frying.
Is the meat in cabbage rolls supposed to be raw?
Yes, the meat will be raw, and then it will cook up when you air fry the cabbage rolls.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Wondering what else you can make in your air fryer? Here are six delicious recipes to get you started! From crispy chicken to golden onion rings, there’s something for everyone. So why not give one of these recipes a try today? You won’t be disappointed!
AIR FRYER NATHAN’S ONION RINGS: If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional onion rings, then you’ll love this air fryer recipe!
AIR FRYER PORK SHU MAI: Are you looking for an easy and delicious dinner option? Try air fryer pork shumai! This dish is perfect for busy weeknights and it’s a great way to use up leftover pork. Plus, air fryer pork shumai is always a hit with kids!
AIR FRYER VEGGIE CHIPS: Do you love veggie chips but hate how greasy they can get? Well, your days of unhealthy snacking are over! With an air fryer, you can make delicious and healthy veggie chips in minutes. Plus, you can customize your chips with any of your favorite veggies. So go ahead and give air frying a try – your taste buds will thank you!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- 12-15 large cabbage leaves
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 3/4 cup rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
Cabbage Roll Sauce:
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14.5 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Start by blanching the cabbage leaves, cook for about 3 minutes in boiling water.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, rice, onions, egg, sweet paprika, black pepper, salt, and milk. Mix well
- Add about 3 tablespoons of beef filling to your cabbage leaf, rolling the cabbage leaf up.
- As you make your cabbage leaves, place them onto a greased oven-safe dish.
- Once you make all of your cabbage leaves, add all of the sauce ingredients to a small bowl, and then pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- Place the oven-safe dish into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until the beef is cooked through.
- Serve with a garnish of fresh herbs and tomato sauce.
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan