Looking for a delicious and healthy way to cook your cabbage? Look no further than the air fryer! These cabbage steaks are cooked to perfection in just minutes. So easy and tasty, you’ll want to make them all the time. Enjoy!
A delicious, healthy, and easy way to enjoy your vegetables. If you’ve never tried an air fryer before, this is a great recipe to start with. And if you are already a fan of the air fryer, then you know how versatile they can be – the sky is the limit when it comes to recipes! What’s your favorite thing to make in the air fryer? Let us know in the comments below.
What Are Cabbage Steaks?
Cabbage steaks are thick slices of cabbage that are typically grilled, air fried, or roasted. This cooking method allows the cabbage to retain its nutrients and flavor, while also providing a crispy, charred exterior.
Cabbage steaks can be served as a side dish or main course, and they are often topped with sauces or seasoning. While they are commonly prepared with green cabbage, other types of cabbage can also be used. They are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy this cruciferous vegetable. When cooked properly, they offer a crunchy texture and savory flavor that is sure to please any palate. If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy cabbage, give cabbage steaks a try!
Crispy Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks
Crispy Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks are a delicious and easy way to cook cabbage. Simply season cabbage steaks with your favorite spices, then cook in an air fryer until crispy. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or as a side dish. Crispy Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks are a healthy and delicious way to enjoy cabbage. So give them a try today!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks
Air fryer cabbage steaks are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy this underutilized vegetable. While the list of ingredients may seem daunting, they are all easily available at your local grocery store. And, once you have everything on hand, the actual preparation is quick and easy. So, if you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy cabbage, give this recipe a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- Cabbage: You can use either green or red cabbage for this recipe.
- Oil: Use any high-heat oil, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Serve With: Bacon, Blue Cheese Dressing, Crumbled Blue Cheese, and parsley.
How To Cook Cabbage Steaks In The Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Cut the cabbage into thick steaks, about 1-inch thick. Season the cabbage steaks with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place the cabbage steaks in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the cabbage steaks over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and crispy.
Serve with crumbled bacon, crumbled blue cheese, fresh, shredded parsley, and a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
Tips For Roasting Cabbage Steaks In The Air Fryer
Roasting cabbage steaks in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy this healthy vegetable. Here are a few tips to help you get the best results:
- Start by trimming the cabbage of any tough outer leaves. Cut the cabbage into thick slices, about 1-inch thick.
- For added flavor, brush the cabbage steaks with olive oil or your favorite salad dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Place the cabbage steaks in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook until tender and slightly browned around the edges.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is roasted cabbage healthy?
While cabbage is often thought of as a nutrient-rich vegetable, roasting it can actually help to enhance its nutritional profile. Studies have shown that roasting cabbage boosts its levels of antioxidants and phytonutrients, both of which are essential for good health. In addition, roasted cabbage is a good source of fiber, which can help to support digestive health. So if you’re looking for a healthy way to enjoy cabbage, roasting it is a great option.
At what temperature do you cook cabbage in the air fryer?
Today we cooked ours at 375 degrees F, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are tender. I love slow roasting the cabbage, for the best flavor!
Recipe For Baked Cabbage Steaks
Looking for a new way to prepare cabbage? Try baked cabbage steaks! This recipe is easy to follow and only requires a few ingredients. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, cut a head of cabbage into thick slices, around 1-inch thick. Next, brush both sides of the cabbage steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Then, place the steaks on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes. The result is tender, flavorful cabbage that makes a great side dish or vegetarian main course. So next time you’re in the mood for something different, give this recipe a try!
What to serve with cabbage
This is a common question among those who are new to preparing this versatile vegetable. While cabbage can be enjoyed on its own, it is often paired with other dishes. Common side dish options include boiled potatoes, roasted root vegetables, and sauteed greens. For a heartier meal, cabbage can also be added to soup or stew.
When pairing cabbage with other dishes, it is important to consider the overall flavor profile of the meal. For example, sweeter dishes such as honey-glazed carrots may not pair well with savory cabbage dishes. Ultimately, the best way to find complementary flavors is to experiment and see what combinations you enjoy the most.
What meat goes with cabbage?
There are a variety of meats that go well with cabbage, depending on your personal preferences. For a more traditional dish, you could pair cabbage with ham or bacon. For a heartier meal, sausage or beef would be a good option. If you’re looking for something lighter, chicken or fish would be a good choice. Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide what meat goes best with cabbage. Try out different combinations and see what you like best!
Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes
Air frying is a healthy alternative to deep frying as it uses little to no oil. Air-fried foods are crispy and delicious, perfect for those who are looking for a healthier way to cook their favorite comfort foods. Air fryers come in a variety of sizes and types, so it is important to choose one that fits your needs. There are many air fryer recipes available online, but finding the best ones can be tricky. Here are three air fryer vegetable recipes that are sure to please even the pickiest of eaters:
- Air Fryer Roasted Brussels Sprouts: Brussels sprouts are a nutritious and delicious vegetable, but they can be tough to cook. Air frying them is a quick and easy way to get crispy and delicious results. This recipe calls for just a handful of ingredients and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries: Sweet potatoes are a nutrient-rich vegetable that is perfect for air frying. This recipe results in crispy and flavorful sweet potato fries that are sure to be a hit with the whole family. You can even add your favorite dipping sauce for an extra special treat.
- Air Fryer Vegetable Medley: This recipe is perfect for those times when you need to use up some leftover vegetables. It is a quick and easy way to get your daily dose of veggies, and it can be easily customized to suit your taste. Add your favorite spices or sauces to make it extra flavorful. These air fryer vegetable recipes are sure to become staples in your kitchen.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cabbage Steaks
- 1 head cabbage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 ounces blue cheese , crumbled
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese dressing, optional
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Cut the cabbage into thick steaks, about 1-inch thick. Season the cabbage steaks with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place the cabbage steaks in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the cabbage steaks over and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until they are slightly browned and crispy.
- Serve with crumbled bacon, crumbled blue cheese, fresh, shredded parsley, and a drizzle of blue cheese dressing.
- Air Fryer