Air Fryer Pancake Chicken — If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious dinner option, why not try Air Fryer Pancake Chicken? This crispy chicken recipe is easy and hearty enough to keep your family full.
Not only are the ingredients simple, but they come together in no time! Plus, this dish can be served as an appetizer or entree and pairs incredibly well with steamed vegetables or mashed potatoes. Ready your taste buds for an explosion of flavors when you dig into this air-fried pancake-encrusted chicken that will leave you wanting more!
What Is Pancake Mix Chicken?
Pancake mix chicken is a delicious and quick way to make fried chicken. It uses pancake mix as the coating, which gives the chicken an extra crunchy texture. Pancake mix also adds a great flavor to the dish that can be tweaked with different spices. The batter combines pancake mix with water, egg (or egg white), and any spices of choice. After dipping the chicken pieces into the batter, it is fried until golden brown. Pancake mix chicken can be enjoyed as a meal or part of a snack and can even be used in sandwiches or salads for some added crunch. No matter how you enjoy it, pancake mix chicken will surely be a hit.
Why You Will Love Pancake Chicken In Air Fryer
The great thing about cooking pancake mix chicken in an air fryer is that it takes much less oil and is much healthier than traditional fried chicken. An air fryer also cooks the chicken faster and more evenly, resulting in crispy pieces of chicken that are cooked all the way through. Plus, you don’t have to worry about oil splatters since the air fryer is sealed. You can make delicious pancake mix chicken with minimal mess and effort with an air fryer. So what are you waiting for? Try making this tasty dish today! You won’t regret it.
With only a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious air fryer chicken breast recipe for pancake chicken, and it’s amazing. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for a meal that the entire family will love!
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken: This recipe can use boneless, skinless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs. You can also use chicken tenderloins.
- Pancake Mix: Use homemade or store-bought pancake mix! Low-Carb, Keto friendly, or gluten-free options for pancake batter.
- Cereal: You can either use Flake Cereal, Bread crumbs, or panko for the coating
- Seasonings and Spices: Add garlic powder, cayenne, Black pepper, and Kosher Salt.
How To Make Pancake Chicken In Air Fryer
Do you love pancakes and chicken but hate the oil splatter of frying them? If your answer is yes, then look no further! With our easy step-by-step guide, you can now indulge in a healthier alternative to fried pancakes and chicken – Air Fryer Pancake Chicken.
Not only will this method leave your kitchen cleaner and free of grease stains, but it also produces delicious results that are both crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside!
Step One: Prepare The Coating Mix
Add the pancake mix, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne in a large bowl. Dry your chicken from excess moisture with a paper towel before air frying.
Step Two: Add the Egg Mixture
In a small bowl, break your eggs and then use a fork and whisk them until they are brothy.
Step Three: Prepare Your Breading Mixture
In a large bowl, add the crushed cereal.
Step Four: Bread Your Chicken
Start by dipping the chicken into the pancake mixture, the egg mixture, and finally the cereal crumbs. As you bread your chicken, place it into an oil-spayed air fryer basket in a single layer, set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes at 340 degrees F, use a meat thermometer, and remove when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Step Five: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Make Ahead: Looking for a great way to meal prep? This is a great recipe that stores well. Cook the chicken beforehand, and then store the prepared chicken in an airtight container. Then cook the next day! Perfect for the bsuy wekeenights! The cook time will stay the same.
- Storage: Let the chicken cool to room temperature, and then place it into an airtight container. The chicken will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Freezer: A great way to make a homemade healthy chicken dish in minutes. Let the chicken cool to room temperature, then place it into a freezer-safe container for a freezer bag. The chicken will last for 2-3 months. You can air fry the frozen pancake chicken or defrost it overnight in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat Pancake Chicken In Air Fryer
Reheating pancake chicken in an air fryer is a simple process that takes just minutes to complete. First, preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, place the chicken pieces on the bottom tray or basket of the air fryer so they do not touch each other. Cook for 3-4 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through. You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on how thick or large your chicken pieces are. Once cooked, remove from the air fryer and serve with syrup or your favorite dipping sauces.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long to cook chicken breast in the air fryer?
Cooking chicken in an air fryer is a great way to create juicy, flavorful meals without all the added fat from deep-frying. The time required to cook a chicken breast in an air fryer depends on the size of your chicken breasts and whether you are baking them from frozen or thawed.
If you’re cooking air fryer chicken breast from frozen, it should take about 20-25 minutes to cook. If you’re cooking thawed chicken breasts, the time will be reduced to 15-20 minutes. When in doubt, use a digital thermometer to check that the internal temperature of your chicken has reached 165°F before serving.
No matter which method you’re using, it’s important to remember that chicken will continue to cook slightly while it rests so take the time to let your air fryer chicken breast rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help ensure that all juices remain sealed inside and make for even more.
Can you substitute flour for pancake mix when frying chicken?
Yes, you can use gluten-free all-purpose flour or even Kodiak pancake mix, which is low-carb and keto-friendly, and adds some added protein to your chicken dish, which the whole family will love! If you are following a low-carb or keto-friendly diet, you can also use almond flour or coconut flour!
Why is my coating falling off of my chicken?
If your coating is falling off your chicken, it could be due to a few factors. Firstly, the temperature of the oil you are using when frying may not be hot enough. The ideal temperature for frying chicken is between 350 and 375 degrees Fahrenheit, so make sure you’re using an oil thermometer to ensure the oil is at the correct temperature. Secondly, it may be that you’ve used too much flour in the coating mixture, or not enough egg to bind the coating together; this can cause it to become soggy and fall off.
Finally, if you’re using a pre-made coating mix, ensure it hasn’t expired; expired mixes often have lost their coating strength. All of these factors can lead to a coating falling off your chicken, but with some simple adjustments, you can ensure that your chicken always has a delicious crisp coating!
What To Serve With Pancake Chicken
Pancake chicken is a delicious dish that can be served as a main course or an appetizer. But what do you pair it with to make the meal complete? Here are some great accompaniments to serve with pancake chicken:
- Salads – Make a simple side salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers to brighten the plate. Or even an Instant Pot Potato Salad.
- Veggies – Serve a side of steamed or roasted vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, or asparagus. They are healthy and flavorful additions to any meal.
- Grains – For grain-based side dishes, try a wild rice pilaf or quinoa salad. Both are hearty and nutritious accompaniments to pancake chicken.
- Mashed Potatoes – Nothing goes better with pancakes than mashed potatoes! Try adding some garlic and herbs for extra flavor.
- Bread – A basket of freshly-baked bread can be the perfect accompaniment to pancake chicken. Serve up some whole wheat rolls or slices of pumpernickel to complete the meal.
With these tasty side dishes, you’ll have a well-rounded and delicious meal that everyone will love!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES
- AIR FRYER VEGGIE AND EGG BITE CUPS (KETO AND LOW-CARB)
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY COBBLER FOR TWO
Air Fryer Pancake Chicken
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1/3 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup cereal crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Add the pancake mix, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, and cayenne in a large bowl. Dry your chicken from excess moisture with a paper towel before air frying.
- In a small bowl, break your eggs and then use a fork and whisk them until they are frothy.
- In a large bowl, add the crushed cereal.
- Start by dipping the chicken into the pancake mixture, the egg mixture, and finally, the cereal crumbs. As you bread your chicken, place it into an oil-spayed air fryer basket in a single layer, set the cooking time for 10-15 minutes at 340 degrees F, use a meat thermometer, and remove when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional