Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes — Make some crispy, salty, savory, amazing roasted potatoes in your air fryer! Seasoned with minced garlic and grated parmesan cheese, these potatoes turn out perfectly every single time. This is the best side dish for any meal—crispy on the outside but soft and tender inside.
Today, I share my favorite roasted potato dish, air fryer garlic parmesan potatoes.
This is easily one of the simplest recipes you could make in the air fryer!
I used a blend of garlic, parsley, and parmesan, but many seasonings would work in this recipe. So, feel free to switch them out. No matter what seasoning you use, the cooking time will stay the same.
If fresh herbs are available, they brighten this dish up, and you can serve them with any meal. This is one of my go-to side dishes because it’s so easy and good.
Note: If you are looking for even more air fryer potato recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO SKINS, AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES, AIR FRYER GARLIC ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES, and AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES.
What Are Garlic Parmesan Roasted Potatoes?
These are bite-sized red potatoes that are the perfect side dish for almost any main course you prepare. They have a mild yet salty flavor. The garlic is the first aroma you smell and the most pronounced flavor you taste.
As the shredded parmesan melts, it gives the potatoes a salty and delightful crispy coating without having to use any type of bread crumbs.
These little air-fried red potatoes will enhance casseroles, steak, chicken, or any other entree that you make. You can use them for dipping, drizzle sauce on top of them, or eat them just as they are!
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this recipe…
- Red Potatoes: These are the smallest and sweetest potatoes, but any type of potato will work.
- Olive Oil: You can use your favorite type of oil to drizzle on top of the potatoes.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Use freshly grated parm or pick up a bag of pre-shredded cheese. If you don’t have parmesan cheese, you can substitute it with asiago or Romano cheese.
- Basil: Fresh basil will taste the best, but dried basil also works wonderfully.
- Italian Seasoning: Use pre-made Italian seasoning or your own mixture of parsley, basil, oregano, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, and pepper.
- Salt: Always add salt whenever you roast things in the air fryer – it enhances all of the other flavors.
- Pepper: The pepper will give the potatoes a light spicy kick. For some added spice, sprinkle in some red pepper flakes too!
- Minced Garlic: A must for this dish – Fresh minced garlic will have the strongest flavor and aroma, but you can use dried garlic in a pinch.
How To Make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
Here is a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to make this yummy breakfast recipe…
Start by cutting the potatoes into even-sized quartered pieces so they end up roughly the same size.
Then, in a large mixing bowl, sprinkle in all of the seasonings and garlic, making sure you coat the potatoes.
Pour them into the air fryer basket.
Set the time for 10 minutes and the temperature at 390 degrees F.
When the first 10 minutes are up, flip the potatoes, and set the timer for another 8 minutes.
NOTE: The exact time will depend on your wattage, the type of air fryer you own, and how many potatoes are in the air fryer.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.
- Shake the potatoes during cooking. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process, so all of the potatoes get fully cooked and crisp up.
- Use non-stick spray. Make sure to spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray so the potatoes do not stick to the basket.
- Use your favorite type of potatoes. You can use any potato you want! I used red potatoes the first time I made them but then used Yukon potatoes the next time.
Here are a few frequently asked questions I get about roasted potatoes…
Are garlic parmesan potatoes healthy?
Yes, there is nothing better than slow-roasted air fryer potatoes. They are so much healthier than deep-fried potatoes, as you do not use all of the oil needed for deep frying.
You get crispy roasted potatoes with only a few drops of olive oil!
Can I make this recipe without an air fryer?
Yes, you can – my mother used to make these in the oven.
Here are the directions:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Follow the directions for preparation in the recipe below.
- Next, bake the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Then using a pair of tongs, flip them and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until fork-tender.
What can I serve with these roasted potatoes?
Serve these garlic parmesan roasted potatoes with your favorite dinner ideas. They are the perfect thing to serve with a bacon-wrapped meatloaf!
They also taste amazing with chicken – like this honey lemon chicken and asparagus.
And, you can’t get much more classic meat-and-potatoes than serving these potatoes with some delicious steak tips.
What air fryer can I use?
You can use anything from the Phillips XL Digital Air Fryer, the Ninja Foodi, the Instant Pot Vortex, or even the Instant Pot Crips Lid by Instant Pot.
How do I store and reheat any leftovers?
If you have any leftover potatoes, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator.
To reheat in the air fryer:
- Place the leftovers into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 5-7 minutes.
- Air fry until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you have any other questions, feel free to comment below, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can!
More Air Fryer Side Dishes
Don’t Forget To Pin
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potatoes — If you're looking for an easy and delicious potato dish to make in your air fryer, look no further than these Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Potatoes! They're crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and they're loaded with flavor. Plus, they only take about 20 minutes to make from start to finish. So if you're looking for a quick and easy side dish that will impress your guests, these potatoes are a must-try!👍
- 1.5 pounds red or yellow potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic adjust per taste
Cut the red potatoes in half and then in quarters, so they end up roughly the same size.
Then in a large mixing bowl, mix everything in with the potatoes, making sure you coat the potatoes.
Pour them into the air fryer basket, set the time for 10 minutes, and the temperature at 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
When the first 10 minutes are up, flip the potatoes, and set the timer for another 8 minutes.**Note: The exact time will depend on your wattage, the type of air fryer you own, and how man potatoes are in the air fryer.
Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.Plate, serve, and enjoy!