Curly Fries in the Air Fryer come out perfectly hot and crispy, yet deliciously fluffy on the inside — just like from the drive thru! Grab a bag of Arby’s frozen fries from the store and cook them in the air fryer in minutes.
The only thing better than hot and fresh curly fries from your favorite takeout spot is making curly fries in the air fryer at home!
You can feed the whole family with one large bag for a fraction of what it would cost in the drive thru. Plus, you can air fry curly fries whenever a craving strikes — no matter how early (or late) it is!
In fact, I have so many different Air Fryer French Fry recipes for you to choose from. Some of my favorites include AIR FRYER FROZEN CRINKLE CUT FRIES, AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN FRIES, AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO FRIES, and AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES.
Curly Fries in Air Fryer
I don’t know if you love Arby’s Curly Fries as much as my family, but they are so good in the air fryer. Today, air fryer curly fries are going to please everyone who loves a GREAT French fry.
I have to say that we are not eating out at all anymore. This means my kids (teens) really miss fast food. So over the weekend, when my oldest son asked if he could grab a bag of Arby’s frozen fries, I (of course) said yes! They turned out so good that I thought it would be a great recipe to post on the website.
Why You’ll Love Air Fryer Curly Fries
- They are easy and delicious
- Cheaper than fast food
- Picky eater approved
- Cook a whole batch in 10-15 minutes
- Easy clean up
Ingredients Needed To Air Fry Curly Fries
If you always have a bag of your favorite curly fries in the freezer, then you can make this recipe whenever you’d like!
- 1 bag of Frozen Curly Fries (We like Arby’s Frozen Fries)
- Olive Oil
How To Make Frozen Curly Fries in Air Fryer
Step 1: Preheat air fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. If you do not have a preheat setting on your air fryer, run it for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Step 2: Combine the ingredients
In a large bowl, add the Arby’s Frozen Fries, olive oil, and salt. Mix well until all of the fries are coated — this will help them become golden brown.
Step 3: Air fry curly fries
Place frozen curly fries in air fryer basket. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, flipping a few times during the air frying time. Season with more salt before serving.
Air fryer curly fries are delicious on their own, or you can add your favorite dipping sauce! Here are some of my favorites:
- Copycat Arby’s Sauce
- Ketchup (storebought or homemade)
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- Honey mustard
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Garlic mayo
- Yum Yum sauce
- Preheat. The best way to get a GREAT French fry is to preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. If you do not have a preheat function, turn the air fryer to 400 degrees F and run it for 5 minutes before adding your food.
- Do not crowd your air fryer basket. The air fryer curly fries will not cook evenly. Remember, an air fryer works by circulating the air around your food. If you cut off the airflow, you will cause your food to cook incorrectly.
- Cook from frozen. You should not defrost them. Otherwise, they will become mushy.
- Watch carefully. The exact time is going to depend on the air fryer you own. Every air fryer is different by a few minutes, so periodically check on your curly fries in the air fryer.
- Give it a shake. If you have a basket air fryer, shake the basket often. If you have an oven air fryer, use tongs and flip them over.
- Use plenty of oil. The best way to get crispy results is to make sure the fries are generously tossed with olive oil. I usually use my own judgment about how much to put on. You want each one to have some oil on them.
- Season them too! I like to season my French fries with salt before and after. I think they get a better flavor, but that’s up to you.
How Long Do You Cook Curly Fries in the Air Fryer?
Air fry curly fries (frozen) for 10-15 minutes at 400 degrees F, or until hot and crispy. Be sure to preheat your air fryer for 5 minutes first and toss them a few times so they cook evenly.
Which Brands Are Best For Air Fryer Curly Fries?
This recipe for frozen curly fries in the air fryer will work with any brand. Here are some of our favorites:
Why Are My Air Fryer Curly Fries Not Crispy?
There are a couple of things that might have gone wrong, but soggy fries are an easy fix! Usually, you just need to cook them for a few more minutes.
Always preheat before putting curly fries in the air fryer and be careful not to overcrowd the basket. There should be some gaps for the hot air to circulate around the food. Also, shaking or flipping frozen curly fries in the air fryer will help get them crispy on all sides.
More Air Fryer Copycat French Fry Recipes
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FRENCH FRIES
- AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT IN-N-OUT ANIMAL FRIES
- AIR FRYER FROZEN WAFFLE CUT FRIES (CHICK-FIL-A)
Helpful Products for Making Curly Fries in Air Fryer
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Don’t Forget To Pin!
- 1 bag frozen Curly French Fries
- Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F. If you do not have a preheat setting on your air fryer, run for 5 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add the Frozen French Fries, olive oil, and salt. Mix well, coating all of the French Fries (This will help them become golden brown)
- Air fry for about 10-15 minutes, flipping a few times during the air frying time.
- Season with more salt before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 46Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 31mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on ForkToSpoon.com should only be used as a general guideline.