Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries — Ever had that feeling of nostalgia when you smell the delicious aroma of freshly cooked fries? Well, I can’t speak for everyone, but this is an experience I’ve had more than once. With Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries, it doesn’t matter what time of day or night it is because there’s always a craving for these fries. And with this recipe, we’re going to show you how to make your own!
Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries are amazing. They are absolute perfection in the air fryer, topped with caramelized onions and smothered in melted cheese; they come out amazing. This would be a great easy side dish to go with any meal, and I love it with my Copycat In-N-Out Hamburger, the perfect combination.
If you love loaded fries, this is the perfect way to serve them up, crisp caramelized onions, with melted cheese piled high on top! What is a better air fryer comfort food? Today, I used simple slices of American cheese and drizzled them with some homemade Thousand Island dressing for the ultimate lunch!
I am sure that everyone has a favorite place to order a great side of Loaded French Fries, my favorite place is In-N-Out Burger, and the air fryer prepares them perfectly.
What Are In-N-Out Burger Animal Fries?
I am not sure where the name came from, but Animal Fries at In-N-Out Burger is an order of classical French fries and then topped with their secret sauce and topped with some grilled and sauteed onions.
In searching to find out the name, Animal Fries came from, the only thing I could find is that legend has it that a bunch of “animal” skateboard kids came every night and ordered food, and they would order cheese fries, and the owner renamed them “Animal Fries.” Obviously, not sure that is true, but it’s a great name and a memorable one no matter what.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries
Ingredients Needed for Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries
- Russet Potatoes
- American Cheese Slices
- Diced White Onions
- Olive Oil
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Seasonings: Salt and Black Pepper
Peel your potatoes. Cut them into long, fry-shaped lengths, add your olive oil, salt, and black pepper, toss to coat.
Place them in your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 370 degrees F, Air Fryer Setting. Shake them halfway through at the 7-minute mark, then continue to cook.
While the fries are cooking, sauté your onions until they are golden brown. Once cooked, set aside.
Once done, assemble your fries on your plate or serving dish. Evenly place your slices of American cheese over the fries. Add your onions on top of the cheese, then evenly drizzle your dressing over the fries.
Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries
- For evenly cooked air fryer French fries, it’s best to shake the basket a few times during the cooking process.
- If you want perfectly cooked air fryer French fries, you need to place them into the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer.
- I love a great bag of frozen diced onions, or even fresh diced onions, for this recipe, it will save you a lot of work, just saute them until golden brown. Look for this package in the grocery store
How can I Make my In n Out Animal Style Fries Crispy
Was I tired of having soggy fries? I was too. So I set out to make my animal-style fries crispy! The most important thing that you can do to make your fries crispy is soaked them in water for about 30 minutes.
This helps to remove the starch from the potatoes. This allows you to get your Air Fryer French Fries crispy! Remember to dry them before adding your seasoning.
What To Serve Air Fryer Copycat In-N-Out Animal Fries With
- AIR FRYER HOT DOGS
- AIR FRYER, 3 INGREDIENT REUBEN CRESCENT ROLL-UPS
- EASY AIR FRYER, CLASSIC BREAKFAST GRILLED CHEESE
- AIR FRYER BLACK BEAN AND CORN QUESADILLA
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED WHILE MAKING THIS RECIPE-
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
- 2 Russet potatoes large
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter butter
- 1/2 cup white onion diced
- 1 teaspoon French Fry Seasoning
- 4 slices American Cheese
- ½ cup Thousand Island Dressing
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup cold water
- Peel your potatoes. Cut them into long, fry-shaped lengths.
- Soak your potatoes into the water for about 30 minutes, then dry them.
- Spray the basket of your air fryer with cooking spray.
- Place them in your Air Fryer for 15 minutes at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Shake them halfway through at the 7-minute mark, then continue to cook.
- While the fries are cooking, heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter in skillet.
- Add onions to the butter and sauté until they are golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- When the fries are done cooking, season them with French Fry Seasoning
- Arrange the seasoned fries on a serving plate. Layer the American cheese over the fries.
- Add cooked onions on top of the cheese and drizzle dressing over the top.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 705mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.