I love baking. I love baking in my air fryers, I think I find it less intimidating. I started with my grandmother’s and mother’s recipes, which she has had for years and years, she is old-fashioned and keeps them on notecards, so the origins are unknown. But, like most home bakers, once you find a recipe you like, you tweak it a bunch, until it suits your family’s taste buds. So, as you find recipes of mine that you like, I hope that you will make them your owns, by adding something that you and your family enjoy.
Everyone is familiar with bread, I come from a large Italian family, where we have bread at every meal. In recent times, after I had my own family, I let my homemade bread fall to the side, because there is so many great Artisan bread that you can get from the grocery stores these days. But, nothing beats the smell of fresh bread in your own home. So, today, I decided I will bake a loaf for my family and of course myself. (My oldest son Ethan absolutely adores bread, so he is always my taster, if he likes it, it always goes on to the website, if he doesn’t like it, I go back to the kitchen to tweak it)
I hope you and your family enjoy it!
Here are the simple steps, so you can make it in your very own air fryer,
Omni Air Fryer, By Instant Pot: This is my newest addition and I am in love. There are a lot of things I love about this, but the main ones are that I can make a LOT of food for my family, and since I have 2 teenage boys, I really need the same. Also, this was my first air fryer oven, so I am loving making cookies, pancakes and other food that needed a flat surface.
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, Easy Skillet Bread
This is an easy bread to make in the air fryer. It will soon be done and your kitchen will be smelling like homemade bread. Today, I made it in the cast iron skillet, but you can use any air fryer safe pan, that you own.
- Prep Time: 60
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 72
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods, Bread
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (about 105 degrees F)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (105 degrees)
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus a bitmore to coat the pan and top of bread)
- In a glass or measuring cup, add 1/2 cup of warm water, the yeast package and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Within 5 minutes, the yeast should start to foam, if it does not do not continue on, it means that the yeast is old or expired. This recipe will not work.
- After 5 minutes. Notice the foam.
- Add the olive oil, and the rest of the water, mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl, and then add the flour.
- Mix until a ball forms. And all of the dough is together.
- Use a tablespoon of olive oil and coat a small bowl.
- Put your dough into the bowl. Cover with a kitchen towel or paper towel and wait 45 minutes, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Grease a skillet (or any air fryer safe pan) and set in 400 degrees F oven for about 4 minutes.
- Then put the dough into the prepared pan (be careful remember the pan is hot)
- Brush the top of the dough with olive oil. Set in the air fryer at 400 degrees F, for 10 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: artisan bread in air fryer air fryer bread dough air fryer white bread air fryer sourdough bread air fryer bread rolls frozen bread dough in air fryer frozen rolls in air fryer toast bread in air fryer