Air Fryer Apple Turnovers–There is nothing better in the morning than a homemade baked good and a steaming hot cup of coffee. This is one of my favorite recipes, which you can have a quick and easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipe or a great and easy Air Fryer Dessert.
My kids went apple picking this weekend, so I have lots and lots of apples this week for recipes. So, on my bucket list was making homemade Air Fryer Easy Apple Turnovers. So, while the kids were busy doing virtual school, I whipped up a batch.
These apple turnovers make the perfect breakfast. I paired them with a nice mug of hot chocolate and dropped them off for my kids for breakfast. This would also make a great dessert.
If you are looking for even more quick and delicious Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER VANILLA DONUTS, AIR FRYER BARNYARD BUSTER WRAP, AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES, and AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD.
What Are Turnovers?
Turnovers are little pastries made by filling puff pastry dough with a filling; you can fill them with any fruit filling and even some savory fillings.
Puff pastry works amazingly in the Air Fryer since the hot air circulating around the puff pastry cooks it perfectly.
This is a perfect recipe, for so many reasons, but here is why you will absolutely love them,
- Absolutely declious
- A great breakfast or dessert, made in your air fryer
WHAT IS AN AIR FRYER?
An air fryer is a small countertop appliance that uses the hot air circulating around the food to cook it perfectly.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Lemon Juice
- Puff Pastry
- Sparkling Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
Start by peeling and dicing the apples. Then in a small bowl, mix the diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and lemon juice.
On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough, to close any seams.
Cut the sheet into 4 squares. Then add about a tablespoon of filling in the center. Fold the dough over, make a triangle, and then use your fingers or a fork to seal the edges. In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with a fork.
Brush the turnover with the egg yolk, and then sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top. Set the air fryer for 350 degrees F, for 6-9 minutes, until golden brown.
Some Pro Tips For Making The Best Batch of Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
- For best results, use thawed puff pastry. Frozen puff pastry is tough to roll out.
- An egg wash works best for perfectly crisping up the turnover, but you can use cooking spray instead if you have an egg allergy.
- Do not crowd the basket; you really need the hot air to circulate the Air Fryer Turnovers for them to perfectly crisp up.
Some Common Questions About Air Fryer Apple Turnovers
How to Use Puff Pastry.
While today, I used frozen puff pastry, which is found in the freezer aisle need the bread. You may certainly switch it out for homemade.
This recipe calls for thawed puff pastry, so you have two options for defrosting.
- You can leave it out on the counter for about 30 minutes.
- You can leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
Can These Make in Advance?
You can certainly make these in advance. Just keep them refrigerated until it is time to air fry them. And make sure they are tightly wrapped so the dough does not dry out.
How to Store Apple Turnovers
If you do not finish the turnovers, let them cool to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container. They will keep for about a day. If you would like to keep them longer, place the container in the refrigerator.
To Freeze: Let them cool to room temperature. Then place them on a baking sheet, and place the baking sheet into the freezer. Then place the frozen pastry into a freezer bag or freezer-safe container. They should last about 3-4 weeks.
How To Cook Apple Turnovers In The Oven
If you want to make these in the oven, all you need to do is, place them onto a baking sheet and pop them into a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Make sure they are fully cooked, before removing them from the oven.
Some Other Great Turnover Recipes, Made In the Air Fryer–
Some Helpful Items Used In Making Air Fryer Easy Apple Turnovers Recipe—
Do Not Forget To Pin,Print
This is such an easy recipe. Today, I used fresh apples and ground cinnamon, and it made the entire kitchen smell amazing—nothing like puff pastry in the air fryer.
- 1 cup peeled, and diced apples
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- egg yolk whisked
- Sparkling Sugar
- Start by peeling and dicing the apples.
- In a small bowl, mix the diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry dough to close any seams.
- Cut the sheet into 4 squares. Then add about a tablespoon of filling in the center. Fold the dough over, make a triangle, and then use your fingers or a fork to seal the edges.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg yolk with a fork.
- Brush the turnover with the egg yolk, and then sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top. Set the air fryer for 350 degrees F, for 6-9 minutes, until golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Easy Apple Turnovers