Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins make for an amazing breakfast treat! If you were looking for an excuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, this is a great one!
Cooked up with two types of chocolate, this recipe is so good, and the air fryer does an amazing job at baking them up perfectly.
I love a great and quick breakfast, and this one pairs so well with coffee, it will soon be one of your favorites!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Muffin Recipes some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BERRY CREAM MUFFINS, AIR FRYER TRADER JOE’S BANANA BREAD MUFFINS, AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MUFFIN MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY MIX MUFFINS.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Cocoa Power
- Bittersweet Chocolate Chips or Chunks
- Brown Sugar
- Vegetable Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
Then mix in the milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Pour the batter into greased muffin tins (or greased silicone muffin cups), filling each cavity about 2/3 way full. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- Be careful not to overmix the batter. Otherwise, the muffins will turn out dense.
- You can either use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, and I like to use 1/2 and 1/2.
- You can use either vegetable oil or canola oil.
- Check frequently on your muffins since all air fryers cook slightly differently.
- This recipe can be used in all air fryers, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and other Air Fryer Basket or oven models.
- You can also substitute out the chocolate chips for a mix of white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips.
How To Store
I would recommend that you eat them in about 2 to 3 days at room temperature for best results. If you want to keep them any longer, place them into the refrigerator, which should last for about a week.
The best tip would be to cover them, or place them into an airtight container, to keep the Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chip Muffins at their best.
How To Freeze
This is a great recipe to freeze. If you want to make a double or triple batch, you can also meal-prep with this recipe.
To freeze for best results, let them cool to room temperature and then individually wrap the muffins in saran wrap, and then wrap a couple of times in foil. Place the wrapped muffins into a freezer bag.
To use, let them thaw at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
What Types Of Chocolate Chips Or Chunks Can You Use?
You can use either chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, but you can also use a combination of the two.
You can also use white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips.
What Muffin Pans To Use In The Air Fryer
While we all have a muffin tin in our pantry, you might not be able to fit yours into the air fryer basket.
One of my favorite pans is: (affiliate link included)
More Air Fryer Muffin Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Sparkling Sugar, optional
- Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chocolate chips in a large mixing bowl.
- Then mix in the milk, brown sugar, melted butter, vegetable oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the batter into greased muffin tins (or greased silicone muffin cups), filling each cavity about 2/3 way full. Sprinkle with sparkling sugar.
- Set into the air fryer for 12-15 minutes at 320 degrees F (air fryer setting)
- Check the muffins with a toothpick before removing them.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 359mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 5g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.