Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels — Do you love Bantam Bagels? If so, you’re going to love this air fryer copycat recipe. It’s simple to make and just as delicious as the original. Plus, it’s a great way to save money on breakfast or lunch. Enjoy!
Who doesn’t love a delicious bagel? And who wouldn’t love one that is low in calories and fat? With an air fryer, you can have your very own copycat Bantam Bagels right at home! These bagels are fluffy and crispy on the inside, just like you would expect from a classic New York-style bagel. Plus, they only require a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. So give them a try today!
What Are Bantam Bagels?
If you’re a fan of bagels, you’ll be happy to know about a new type of this breakfast staple that’s been gaining in popularity. Bantam bagels are smaller than traditional bagels, but they have the same great flavor. What’s not to love about that? Read on to find out more about bantam bagels and where you can get them near you.
Why BantAre Bantam BagelsFamous?
Lori Greiner, the owner of the successful brand Bantam Products Inc., was not happy with how their new product line “Bagel Stuffins” performed when test marketed.
The name lacked familiarity and imagery for consumers, so they changed the name from Bagel Stuffins to Bantam Bagels. The company then went on to sell millions of dollars of merchandise and entered a contract with Starbucks, which now sells the bagels, at selected Starbucks locations.
Why Make Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels?
In case you haven’t noticed, the air fryer is all the rage lately. And for a good reason, this appliance produces crispy food on the outside and tender on the inside without using a lot of oil. So it’s no wonder that people are looking to buy one. But if you’re not quite sure if an air fryer is right for you, maybe this will help: You can make delicious Bantam Bagels in your air fryer! Sound good? Keep reading to find out how.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels
If you love the popular and famou Bantam Bagels, but don’t own an air fryer – this recipe is for you! These Copycat Bantam Bagels only require a few simple ingredients and can easily be whipped up in your oven or air fryer! Plus, they’re just as delicious as the originals!
- Frozen Rolls: Any frozen rolls will work in this recipe. Thawed rolls work best, as they become pliable.
- Cream Chees: Use any of your favorite flavors or brands, and make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Egg and Water: Use a large room temperature egg and water for a simple egg wash.
- Molasses and Baking Soda: Thi sis used to make your bagels light and fluffy.
- Seasoning: Everything Bagel Seasoning was used in this recipe, but you can use any of your favorite seasonings, to make a variety of flavors.
How To Make Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels
Begin by thawing out your frozen rolls. Once the rolls have been thawed, slice them in half.
Roll out each half of the sliced roll. Fill each rolled out half slice of roll with 1 tsp of cream cheese.
Enclose the roll over the tsp of cream cheese to create a ball. Repeat steps 2-5 with all thawed rolls.
Prepare the egg wash by adding the large egg and water to a bowl. Combine well. To a large pan of boiling water, add the molasses and baking soda. Add the bagel bites to the water for 30 seconds, then remove the drain on a paper towel. Brush each bagel bite with the egg wash and add to an oiled air fryer basket. Add everything bagel seasoning if desired.
Air fry at 400 degrees F for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Variations: The possibilities are endless with these stuffed bagel minis. You can experiment by adding different ingredients such as raisins, cinnamon sugar, or even cream cheese! My son loves these with strawberry cream in the middle!
Crowding: Your bagel minis will grow and expand during the cooking process. Make sure there is enough room in your Air Fryer so they don’t touch each other. Otherwise, they will not cook up to perfection!
Flipping: Depending on the air fryer that you own, you may need o flip them halfway during the cooking process. This way both sides get cooked to perfection!
Sealing: To make sure your bagel minis are sealed completely, you need to gently press out any air from between them. This will help prevent cream cheese from leaking all over the Air Fryer and makes for easier cleanup!
Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, the cooking times will vary, so for best results, make sure that you watch your stuffed bagels as you cook! This way they do not overcook.
How To Store:
If you have any leftover Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container.
The bagel bites will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. YOu can either reheat them in the air fryer or the microwave, heating until warmed through.
Can you omit the egg wash?
The egg wash helps the seasoning stick to the bagels and helps the bagel bites get the golden brown color. But if you have an egg allergy, you can omit the egg wash. Just brush with water or olive oil before topping however way works best for each recipe!
Can you double this recipe?
Yes, although for best results it is best to not crowd the air fryer basket, otherwise the food will not cook up to perfection. The air fryer works by hot air circulating around the food cooking it to perfection, so when you obstruct the airflow, your food may come out raw in some areas and overcooked in other areas. So, for best results leave plenty of space around the food.
More Air Fryer Bagel Recipes!
If you love this recipe for Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels, try some of my other Air Fryer Bagel Recipes!
- AIR FRYER MARGHERITA PIZZA BAGELS
- AIR FRYER CHRISTMAS BAGELS
- EASY AIR FRYER EVERYTHING BAGELS
- AIR FRYER PANERA COPYCAT CINNAMON CRUNCH BAGELS
- AIR FRYER KETO BAGELS
- EASY AIR FRYER TWO-INGREDIENT BAGELS
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA BAGELS
- AIR FRYER COCONUT BAGELS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Copycat Bantam Bagels
- 8 large frozen rolls
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Everything bagel seasoning,
- Begin by thawing out your frozen rolls.
- Once the rolls have been thawed, slice in half.
- Roll out each half of the sliced roll
- Fill each rolled out half slice of roll with 1 tsp of cream cheese.
- Enclose the roll over the tsp of cream cheese to create a ball.
- Repeat steps 2-5 with all thawed rolls.
- Prepare the egg wash by adding the large egg and water to a bowl. Combine well.
- To a large pan of boiling water, add the molasses and baking soda
- Add the bagel bites to the water for 30 seconds then remove to drain on a paper towel.
- Brush each bagel bite with the egg wash and add to an oiled air fryer basket. Add everything bagel seasoning if desired.
- Air fry at 400F for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Air Fryer