Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants — Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants are a delightful twist on a classic pastry favorite.
These delectable treats feature flaky, buttery croissants filled with a sweet and aromatic cinnamon sugar mixture. By using an air fryer, you can achieve a perfectly crisp and golden exterior while the inside remains soft and tender. Whether served for breakfast, brunch or as a delightful dessert, these croissants satisfy your cravings with their irresistible flavor and texture.
This is a perfect treat to serve with your morning cup of coffee, and it’s a fun breakfast recipe to cook with the whole family.
If you are looking for even more easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SOFT BOILED EGGS, AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS, AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD, and AIR FRYER BARNYARD BUSTER WRAP.
Why You Will Love Making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants
There are several reasons why you’ll love making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants:
- Quick and Easy: Making these croissants in the air fryer is quick and easy. You can have warm, freshly baked pastries in just a few minutes.
- Minimal Mess: Unlike traditional baking methods that can leave you with a pile of dishes, air frying creates fewer messes. It’s a hassle-free way to enjoy freshly baked treats.
- Crispy Exterior, Fluffy Interior: The air fryer achieves a perfect balance, giving your croissants a crispy, golden-brown exterior while keeping the inside soft, flaky, and tender.
- Irresistible Flavor: The combination of cinnamon and sugar creates a mouthwatering aroma and a sweet, comforting taste that’s hard to resist.
- Versatile: These versatile croissants can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, as a snack, or even as a dessert. They’re a crowd-pleaser for any occasion.
- Customizable: You can customize these croissants by adding chopped nuts, raisins, or a drizzle of icing for extra flavor and variety.
- Kid-Friendly: Children and adults love the sweet and comforting flavors of cinnamon sugar, making these croissants a hit with the whole family.
- Perfect for Entertaining: Whether hosting a brunch or serving guests for a special occasion, these croissants make for an impressive and delicious treat.
- No Oven Required: If you don’t have access to an oven or want to avoid heating up your kitchen, the air fryer is a convenient alternative for baking.
- Satisfies Cravings: When craving something sweet and indulgent, Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants offer the perfect solution, satisfying your taste buds with warm and comforting flavors.
In summary, making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants is a convenient, quick, and delicious way to enjoy a classic pastry treat. Whether making them for yourself or sharing them with loved ones, these croissants will become a favorite in your kitchen.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants
These simple ingredients create Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants, transforming basic croissant dough into a delectable treat with a sweet, cinnamon-infused filling and a crispy exterior.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Croissant Dough: Croissant dough is the flaky, buttery base for these pastries, providing a delicate, layered texture. Look for a can of crescent dough, one of the key ingredients.
- Granulated Sugar: Granulated sugar is combined with ground cinnamon to create a sweet and aromatic cinnamon-sugar mixture that adds a delightful sweetness to the croissants.
- Ground Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon, known for its warm and spicy flavor, is a key ingredient for infusing the croissants with a delicious, comforting aroma and taste.
- Melted Butter: Melted butter is brushed over the croissants before baking, enhancing their flavor and helping the cinnamon sugar adhere, creating a crispy, caramelized crust.
- Cooking Spray (Optional): Cooking spray is used to lightly grease the air fryer basket to prevent the croissants from sticking during cooking and ensure they turn out perfectly crisp.
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Croissants In Air Fryer
Making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants is a quick and straightforward process that results in delicious, warm pastries with a sweet and aromatic cinnamon sugar filling. Here’s a step-by-step guide:
Prepare The Cinnamon Sugar Mixture:
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F (175°C) for 2-3 minutes while you prepare the croissants. In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar and ground cinnamon. Mix well to create the cinnamon sugar mixture. Adjust the quantities to suit your taste preferences for sweetness and spiciness.
Prepare The Crescent Dough:
Unroll the crescent dough from the packaging, separating it into individual dough triangles. If using crescent sheets, use a sharp knife or pizza cutter to cut into a dough triangle. Brush each croissant triangle with melted butter. This adds flavor and helps the cinnamon sugar mixture adhere. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over each buttered croissant triangle. Be generous with the mixture for a sweeter and spicier flavor.
Roll Up the Croissants:
Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or a small amount of oil to prevent the croissants from sticking. Or line the air fryer basket with parchment paper after preheating. Starting from the wide end, roll up each croissant triangle, tucking in the edges to seal them. This forms a crescent shape.
Air Fry the Croissants:
Place the cinnamon sugar-filled croissants in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between them to cook. You may need to cook them in batches if your air fryer is small. Air fry the croissants at 350°F (175°C) with a cook time of 8-10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked. Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model, so keep a close eye on them to prevent overcooking.
Remove the Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants from the air fryer and let them cool slightly before serving. They are best enjoyed while still warm. If you’d like, you can dust the warm croissants with more cinnamon sugar for an extra layer of sweetness and flavor. Serve your freshly baked Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants for breakfast, brunch, as a snack, or dessert. They are deliciously sweet, flaky, and sure to please.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants are a versatile treat, and there are several recipe variations you can explore to add different flavors and textures. Here are some delicious variations to consider:
- Chocolate-Stuffed Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Add a piece of chocolate, such as a chocolate chip or a chocolate square, to each croissant triangle before rolling it up—the melted chocolate pairs wonderfully with the cinnamon sugar.
- Nutty Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Sprinkle finely chopped nuts, such as pecans, brown sugar, vanilla extract, walnuts, or almonds, onto the croissant triangles and the cinnamon sugar mixture before rolling them up. Nuts add a delightful crunch and flavor.
- Fruity Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Place thin slices of your favorite fruit, like apple, banana, or pear, on each croissant triangle before rolling them up. The combination of sweet fruit and cinnamon sugar is heavenly.
- Cream Cheese-Filled Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Add a small spoonful of softened cream cheese onto the croissant triangle before sprinkling with cinnamon sugar. The creaminess of the cheese pairs beautifully with the sweetness and spice of the sugar mixture.
- Spiced Caramel Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Drizzle each croissant with a small amount of caramel sauce before air frying. The caramel will create a sticky, sweet coating that pairs perfectly with the cinnamon sugar.
- Mixed Spice Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Experiment with different spices in your cinnamon sugar mixture. Try a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, and a pinch of cardamom or allspice for a more complex flavor profile.
- Savory Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: For a unique twist, skip the sugar and add a savory filling like shredded cheese, cooked bacon bits, or sautéed spinach before rolling up the croissants. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with a savory seasoning blend.
- Glazed Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: After air frying, drizzle your croissants with a simple glaze made from powdered sugar and milk. This adds an extra layer of sweetness and a glossy finish.
- Festive Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Enhance the holiday spirit by adding seasonal ingredients like pumpkin puree, chopped cranberries, or a sprinkle of gingerbread spice to your cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Mini Cinnamon Sugar Croissants: Cut the crescent roll dough into smaller triangles to create bite-sized mini croissants. They are perfect for serving at parties or as a sweet snack.
These recipe variations allow you to customize your Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants to your tastes and the occasion. Whether you prefer them sweet, savory, or with added ingredients, these pastries are sure to be a hit.
To achieve the best results when making Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants, consider these pro tips:
Use Quality Croissant Dough: Opt for high-quality croissant dough, whether it’s store-bought or homemade. Quality dough will yield better flavor and texture.
Adjust Sugar and Cinnamon: Customize the sweetness and spiciness of your cinnamon sugar mixture to suit your taste. Some prefer a sweeter, more cinnamon-forward flavor, while others prefer a milder taste.
Brush with Butter Generously: When brushing the croissant triangles with melted butter, be generous. It not only adds flavor but also helps the cinnamon sugar adhere and caramelize.
Evenly Distribute Filling: Ensure that the cinnamon sugar mixture is evenly distributed over the croissant triangles. This guarantees that each bite is packed with sweet, spicy goodness.
Space Out the Croissants: Arrange the filled croissants in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving enough room between them for proper air circulation. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking.
Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the croissants as they cook in the air fryer. Cooking times may vary depending on your air fryer model, so check them regularly to prevent overcooking.
Avoid Overfilling: While it’s tempting to add extra fillings like chocolate chips or fruit slices, be cautious not to overfill the croissants, as this can cause leakage during cooking.
Preheat the Air Fryer: Preheating the air fryer for a few minutes ensures that the croissants start cooking immediately, which helps achieve an even crispy result.
Cool Slightly Before Serving: Let the cooked croissants cool for a few minutes before serving. This allows the filling to set and prevents you from burning your mouth on hot sugar.
Serve Fresh: Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants are best enjoyed while they are still warm and crispy. Serve them shortly after air frying for the most delightful experience.
Experiment with Variations: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different fillings, such as nuts, fruits, or savory options, to create unique flavors and textures.
Grease the Basket: Lightly grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray or oil to prevent the croissants from sticking during cooking.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating perfectly cooked, flavorful Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants that will surely be a hit with family and friends.
Can I use homemade croissant dough instead of store-bought?
Yes, you can use homemade croissant dough if you prefer. Just ensure that the dough is well-prepared and rolled out to the appropriate thickness for even cooking.
How do I prevent the croissants from unraveling during cooking?
To prevent the croissants from unraveling, roll them up tightly with the cinnamon sugar mixture inside. Press the edges together to seal them before air frying.
What’s the best way to reheat leftover croissants?
To reheat leftover croissants and maintain their texture, use the air fryer at a lower temperature until they are heated through and regain their crispiness. Avoid using a microwave, as it can make them soggy.
Can I freeze unbaked croissants for later use?
Yes, you can freeze unbaked croissants for future use. Freeze them on a baking sheet until solid, then transfer to a freezer bag. When ready to cook, add a few extra minutes to the air frying time.
Can I use different spices in the cinnamon sugar mixture?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with spices like nutmeg, cardamom, or allspice in addition to cinnamon to create unique flavor profiles.
Can I make these croissants without butter?
While butter adds flavor and richness, you can make these croissants with a butter substitute or omit the butter entirely for a slightly different texture.
How long do these croissants stay fresh?
Air Fryer Cinnamon and Sugar Croissants are best enjoyed shortly after cooking for maximum freshness. If storing leftovers, keep them in an airtight container and consume them within a day or two.
Can I make a glaze for these croissants?
Yes, you can prepare a simple glaze using powdered sugar and a small amount of milk or lemon juice to drizzle over the croissants after cooking for added sweetness and flavor.
Are these croissants suitable for special occasions or parties?
Yes, these versatile croissants can be a delightful addition to special occasions, brunches, or parties. You can even make mini versions for a quick treat.
Can I add nuts, fruits, or chocolate to the filling?– Absolutely! You can customize the filling by adding chopped nuts, sliced fruits, chocolate chips, or other ingredients to enhance flavor and texture.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Croissants
- 1 package crescent dough rolls
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted, melted
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons sparkling sugar
- Start by laying out your dough, and then place a tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon in the center of the dough. Roll them up.
- Brush the dough with the melted butter, and then add sprinkle some sparkling sugar on top.
- Set in the air fryer for 4 minutes at 340 degrees F. When cooled, drizzle with powdered sugar icing, if you desire.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven