Looking for an easy dessert recipe to impress your friends and family? Look no further than this chocolate dump cake!
You can quickly make this delicious air fryer chocolate dump cake with just a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Whip up this tasty treat today!
I love easy air fryer cakes; try this air fryer chocolate dump cake; it’s amazing! And in minutes, you can have a quick air fryer dessert!
What Is A Dump Cake?
A dump cake is a simple and easy dessert with little preparation.
Put a layer of fruit on the bottom of the pan, add some other ingredients in layers over the top, and bake it all together until the topping is golden brown. The result is an incredibly moist and flavorful dessert that can be made with nearly any combination of fruits!
The origins of this recipe are somewhat unclear, although most people believe that its name stems from the fact that it’s “a cake you can just dump in a pan.” This makes it a perfect choice for anyone who loves sweets but doesn’t want to spend much time in the kitchen!
Can You Cook A Dump Cake In Air Fryer?
The answer is yes – you can cook a dump cake in an air fryer.
Air frying is a great, healthy way to prepare food because it uses hot air instead of oil or butter to cook your food. It tastes delicious and is much better for you than other cooking methods.
A dump cake recipe usually calls for fruit and cake mix – so if you’re using a boxed mix, follow the package directions slightly differently. You’ll need to use an air fryer pan or a stainless steel bowl that will fit in your air fryer basket, and you can either layer the fruit on top of the mix or mix them.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chocolate Dump Cake
The Air Fryer craze is still going strong and for a good reason! They make cooking so much easier and more convenient.
Today, we will show you how to make an Air Fryer Chocolate Dump Cake that is delicious and easy to make. The ingredients you will need are:
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chocolate Cake Mix: Use any chocolate cake mix; I recommend not purchasing one with mixed pudding.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter that has been melted
- Instant Chocolate Pudding: Make sure that you use instant chocolate pudding!
- Milk: Use any milk, including almond milk, whole milk, or even coconut milk.
- Chocolate Chips: Use semi-sweet Chocolate Chips for the best flavor!
How To Cook Chocolate Dump Cake In Air Fryer
Step One: Depending on the side of your air fryer, spray an 8×8 or 4×4 cake pan with nonstick spray. Or spread melted butter over the pan.
Step Two: Spread the chocolate cake mix at the bottom of the pan.
Step Three: Then sprinkle the instant chocolate pudding mix over the cake mix. Making sure it’s not all scattered in the same place.
Step Four: Mix the melted butter and milk, then pour the milk/butter on top of the cake and pudding mix.
Step Five: Mix the ingredients in the cake mix slightly. This way, the cake/pudding is wet, so it cooks up fully. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
Step Six: Set the cake pan into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 310 degrees F, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
Tips For The Best Chocolate Dump Cake
Chocolate dump cake is one of the easiest recipes to cook in your kitchen. It only requires a few ingredients and minimal preparation time, making it the perfect sweet treat after a long day at work or school.
- Pan: To make the best chocolate dump cake, use a thin pan to ensure it cooks fully. I have listed some of my favorite cake pans in the air fryer.
- Timing: Since all air fryers are slightly different, you must check on your cake as it cooks.
What To Top Your Dump Cake With
Indulge your sweet tooth with a mix of crunchy and gooey delights! Top off the perfect dessert with chopped candy, nuts, toffee chips, or other baking chips for an extra layer of flavor. Then finish it by adding some caramel sauce drizzle – sure to make every bite sweeter than the last!
Chocolate Chips: White, butterscotch, or dark chocolate chips can be used. My son loves using peanut butter chocolate chips.
What Cake Pans To Use In The Air Fryer
The main advice I give everyone is that you need to use a thin pan so that it cooks up fully; some of my favorite cake pans are: remember the size of the pan will depend on the air fryer you are using.
- Cuisinart 9-Inch Chef’s Classic Nonstick Bakeware Round Cake Pan, Silver
- P&P CHEF 6 Inch Cake Pans Set of 4, Round Baking Pan, Stainless Steel Birthday Wedding Metal Layer Cake Pans, Non-Toxic & Healthy, Mirror Polished & Dishwasher Safe
How To Serve Chocolate Dump Cake
Nothing compares to the aroma of a freshly baked dessert; when it comes to chocolate dump cake, the smell is scrumptious! A moist and delicious cake that requires just minutes of prep time, this recipe will surely win over friends and family.
Whether you’re new to baking or consider yourself an expert, chocolate dump cake is the perfect solution for busy days without sacrificing flavor. With its incredible texture, irresistible chocolaty goodness, a sweet drizzle of caramel sauce, and crunchy nuts on top, prepare your taste buds to dance in delight!
How To Store
Refrigerator: Let the cake cool to room temperature and place it in an airtight container. The cake will last for 3-5 days.
Freezer: This is a great freezer dessert. Let the cake cool to room temperature and place it in a freezer-safe container. The cake will last for 2-3 months. Please place it in the refrigerator overnight to serve it again. Then reheat in the air fryer or microwave.
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
- PREPARING A BUNDT CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER OR INSTANT POT
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMP CAKE
- BETTY CROCKER MUG TREATS AIR FRYER
- HOW TO BAKE A CAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CAKE POPS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA CINNAMON CRUMB COFFEE CAKE
Air Fryer Chocolate Dump Cake is a must-have dessert for any chocolate lover. It is quick and easy to make, and the result is a delicious and moist cake that will leave you wanting more. If you are looking for a way to impress your guests or want an indulgent treat, this is the recipe for you.
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Chocolate Dump Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature or melted
- 1 box chocolate mix
- 5.1 ounces chocolate pudding mix, must be instant
- 2 1/2 cup milk
- 12 ounces milk chocolate chips
- Depending on the side of your air fryer, spray an 8×8 or 4×4 cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Spread the chocolate cake mix at the bottom of the pan.
- Then sprinkle the instant chocolate pudding mix on top of the cake mix.
- Mix the melted butter and milk, then pour the milk/butter on top of the cake and pudding mix.
- Mix the ingredients in the cake mix slightly. This way, the cake/pudding is wet, so it cooks up fully. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Set the cake pan into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 310 degrees F, and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove when the toothpick is set into the center and comes out clean.
- Air Fryer
- Cake Pan
- Cooking Spray