Craving a tasty casserole that’s light, healthy, and flavorful? Look no further than this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Casserole!
It’s made with five simple ingredients for an easy weeknight dinner in minutes. With juicy chicken breasts, homemade marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, and the perfect crunch from air-fried bread crumbs, this dish is sure to please everyone around your table. Plus, it comes together incredibly easily, so you can enjoy more time relaxing and less stressing about what on earth to make for dinner tonight!
The Best Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Casserole Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious dinner that everyone in your family will love, try making this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Casserole recipe. This dish has all of the classic flavors we love about chicken parm but with a few twists to make it even better!
Not only is it scrumptious, but its innovative use of the air fryer means it’s faster and healthier than traditional oven baking. Best of all – your meal can be ready in less than 25 minutes! Keep reading to learn how to recreate this delicious casserole tonight with just a few simple ingredients.
Can You Make Casseroles In The Air Fryer?
Yes! Are you trying to make a delicious, comforting dinner on busy nights without spending too much time in the kitchen? Look no further than your air fryer! Air fryers are incredibly versatile appliances used for baking, roasting, and even making casseroles – yes, you heard right. Want to find out how you can make satisfying and delectable dinners with just one tool?
Some of my favorite air fryer casserole recipes are AIR FRYER TACO CASSEROLE, AIR FRYER MEXICAN CHICKEN CASSEROLE, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST CASSEROLE, AIR FRYER CHINESE BUFFET CRAB CASSEROLE RECIPE, and AIR FRYER BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE.
Why You Will Love Cooking Casseroles Air Fryer
Casseroles may seem like a lot of work, but they don’t have to be. With the help of an air fryer, you can cook delicious casseroles quickly and easily with minimal effort. Not sure how it works? Let us explain! Air frying may sound complicated, but really, it’s just a fancy way of cooking food in hot circulating air instead of oil or butter.
Your favorite recipes can be ready faster without using as much fat and calories. The wonderful thing about casserole dishes is that they are very versatile: all sorts of ingredients can go into them, making them incredibly adaptable for whatever leftovers you might have in the fridge waiting to create something unique – one-of-a-kind meal ideas every time!
They are great for meal prep because who doesn’t love air fryer leftovers?
Do you love Chicken Parmesan but don’t have the time to make it from scratch? If so, there is an incredibly simple method to enjoy this perfect Italian dish of chicken, tomato sauce, and cheese in casserole form. With a few simple ingredients and some easy steps, our Chicken Parmesan Casserole recipe will be your go-to dinner idea any night of the week! Let’s look at what ingredients are needed and how to prepare them.
See the recipe card at the bottom of the post for full ingredient amounts and instructions.
- Pasta: Use penne pasta, ziti, or rigatoni pasta; you can also use gluten-free pasta for this recipe.
- Shredded Chicken: This is a great recipe for leftover air fryer rotisserie chicken or leftover store-bought chicken.
- Marinara Sauce: Use store-bought or homemade pasta sauce.
- Cheese: I used a blend of shredded mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese
- Panko: Use Italian breadcrumbs or panko.
- Butter: Use unsalted, melted butter
- Seasonings and Spices: Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
How To Cook Chicken Casserole In Air Fryer
Step One: Cook The Pasta
Spray your baking dish with cooking spray, and prepare your pasta as directed on the box.
Step Two: Prepare The Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Drain the pasta, add it to a large bowl, and add the marinara sauce, shredded chicken, 1/2 of the shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 of the grated parmesan cheese; add the Italian seasoning.
Transfer back to the saucepan, and simmer for a couple of minutes; fold in the rest of the cheese.
Step Three: Air Fry Chicken Casserole
Transfer the ingredient to the baking dish, and spread them into an even layer. Add the panko, melted butter, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and mix well.
Sprinkle the panko on top of the casserole. Set into the air fryer and set cook time for 6 to 10 minutes, at 330 degrees F; using the air fryer setting, cook until the top is golden brown. Cover it tightly with foil if you find that the top is getting too browned.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with additional marinara or pasta sauce, extra Parmesan cheese, and freshly diced herbs.
Chicken Tenders or Chicken Nuggets: You can use frozen chicken tenders for a quick solution to the meal. The bread in the casserole is amazing in this casserole!
Air Fry the chicken tenders for 5-6 minutes at 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Then let them cool for a few minutes and cut them into bite-sized pieces.
Use Leftover Rotisserie Chicken: This is a great budget-saver meal; I used leftover Costco rotisserie chicken; you can use any leftover chicken, chicken thighs, or boneless, skinless chicken breast. This is a great recipe to use leftovers!
How To Make Ahead
Like most casseroles, they can easily be prepared ahead of time. Assemble the casserole as called or in the recipe, and then warp it tightly with saran wrap. Then when you are ready to air fry, place it into the air fryer; it may take a few minutes longer since the ingredients are cold.
Let the chicken parmesan cool to room temperature, then transfer it to an airtight container. The chicken casserole will last for 2-3 days.
This is a great freezer meal, great for meal prepping; prepare the recipes as directed below. Transfer the cooked chicken parmesan casserole into a freezer-safe container. For best results, defrost in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the microwave or air fryer.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Casserole
If you love the convenience of your air fryer, then you’ll be thrilled with this delicious chicken parmesan casserole. Its cheesy layers create an irresistible combination that can please any palate. Not only is it easy to make and full of flavor – it goes great with a variety of side dishes! Some of my favorites are:
- AIR FRYER ZAATAR ZUCCHINI
- CRISPY AIR FRYER SQUASH
- AIR FRYER GREEK POTATOES
- AIR FRYER RED POTATOES RECIPE
- TRADER JOE’S GYOZA AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SALT AND VINEGAR POTATO CHIPS
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- 1/2 pound penne pasta, not cooked
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, and shredded
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Spray your baking dish with cooking spray, and prepare your pasta as directed on the box
- Drain the pasta, add it to a large bowl, and add the marinara sauce, shredded chicken, 1/2 of the shredded mozzarella, and 1/2 of the grated parmesan cheese; add the Italian seasoning.
- Transfer back to the saucepan, and simmer for a couple of minutes; fold in the rest of the cheese.
- Transfer the ingredient to the baking dish, and spread them into an even layer. Add the panko, melted butter, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl, and mix well.
- Sprinkle the panko on top of the casserole. Set into the air fryer and set cook time for 6 to 10 minutes, at 330 degrees F; using the air fryer setting, cook until the top is golden brown. Cover it tightly with foil if you find that the top is getting too browned.
- Serve with additional marinara or pasta sauce, extra Parmesan cheese, and freshly diced herbs.
- Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Casserole Dish