Air Fryer Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancakes —Can’t decide between pancakes or waffles? Air fryer blueberry Dutch baby pancakes are the best of both worlds! This recipe has crispy edges with a soft interior, a cross between a pancake and a waffle. It may seem not very easy to make, but it’s easy enough for any beginner cook. This is one of those recipes you’ll want to try out on your family and friends this weekend!
Pancakes are a breakfast staple that you can enjoy any time of the day. The Air Fryer Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancake recipe I am sharing with you today is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make. If you’re looking for an easy pancake recipe for your next brunch, this one’s for you!
The ingredients are simple: milk, eggs, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. There are blueberries (fresh or frozen), butter, and maple syrup on hand for the topping. And if it’s still cold outside where you live, like in my city Philadelphia during wintertime? Instead of maple syrup, you can put some honey to keep things warm inside!
If you have never made pancakes in the Air Fryer, this is a great place to start, and it’s incredible! This recipe will work in either an Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model and work in the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and even the Mealthy Lid! It’s amazingly easy!
If you are looking for other easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS, CRISPY AIR FRYER BACON, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES, and AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON.
What Is A Dutch Baby?
A Dutch baby is a type of pancake made with leavened batter and baked in the oven. It’s typically large, puffy, and has a light texture. It can be served plain or topped with fruit, whipped cream, powdered sugar, or ice cream.
It’s a great breakfast option and cooks up well in the Air Fryer!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancakes
- All-Purpose Flour
- Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
- Optional Toppings: Maple Syrup or Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancakes
Use a blender or a magic bullet and blend the flour, egg, and milk until smooth.
Then add your butter to the skillet. Place the skillet into the air fryer at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting), just long enough for the butter to melt.
Then pour your batter into the greased skillet. Set back into the air fryer at 350 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add your blueberries and air fry for another 3-4 minutes. You want the berries to burst open.
- In this recipe, we recommend blending the batter for a smoother and more consistent result. The blender will ensure all ingredients are mixed well without any lumps of flour left in your cupboard or on top when you pour it into pans!
- Heat the pan in the Air Fryer. This way, your pancake will rise. There is nothing better than a pan waiting for you for a traditional Dutch Baby.
- Observe the Dutch Baby. Air fryers cook differently from model to model, and there will also be variance depending on the pan you use.
- A good tip for making sure your dutch baby doesn’t burn is checking its texture: when cooked all way through but still soft in some areas suggests undercooking, as well; if any edges are brown before others, those could mean overcooking, so watch closely!
- For best results start with room temperaure ingredients.
Dutch Baby Toppings:
This is a great recipe, and you can create a breakfast bar with all of your favorite toppings. I love serving this on Holidays, and it makes for an excellent Thanksgiving Or Christmas Treat. Some of my favorite toppings are:
- Maple Syrup
- Fresh Berries
- Powdered Sugar
- Slices of Avacado
- Salsa and Fried Egg
- Strips of Ham, Almonds, and some Manchego Cheese
PAN USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE:
I found that this cast-iron pan worked wonderfully in the Air Fryer and fit most of my Air Fryer Basket Models.
MORE AIR FRYER BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER MINI CHEESE FRITTATAS
- AIR FRYER GLAZED BISCUIT DONUTS
- AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO
- AIR FRYER BEST CHERRY TURNOVERS
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE CHEDDAR BACON SCONES
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Blueberry Dutch Baby Pancakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
Optional: Powdered sugar or maple syrup
- Use a blender or a magic bullet and blend the flour, egg, and milk.
- Then add your butter to the skillet.
- Place the skillet into the air fryer at 400 degrees F (air fryer setting), just long enough for the butter to melt.
- Then pour your batter into the greased skillet.
- Set back into the air fryer at 350 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add your blueberries and air fry for another 3-4 minutes. You just want the berries to burst open.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cast Iron Pan