Air Fryer Blackberry Hand Pies — How often have you been in the kitchen, looking to make a quick and easy dessert for dinner guests? Too many times to count! These blackberry hand pies are a great choice.
The blackberry hand pies are a delicious dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth! The pie crust is made with a simple pie crust. It’s then filled with blackberries (or any other fruit) and brushed with an egg wash before baking.
Once they’re fully baked in your air fryer, you can top them off with powdered sugar or whipped cream to make them even sweeter!
This is a great way to make a homemade blackberry pie in minutes! With only a few ingredients, you can have these anytime!
They are so good! And make for a fabulous quick snack or dessert! My kids love them!
If you have been looking for even more Air Fryer Dessert Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER SUGAR COOKIES, AIR FRYER APPLE PLUM TARTS, AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES, and AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE DANISH.
What Are Hand Pies?
Hand pies are a small, round pastry and can be filled with sweet or savory ingredients. They are usually made in a triangle, with one point being pinched together to create the crust.
The dough typically consists of a traditional pie crust. Common fillings include fruit like apples or rhubarb; vegetables like potatoes; meats like bacon bits; cheese such as sharp cheddar; and even chocolate chips for an indulgent treat!
Hand pies make for perfect finger food at any party because they’re easy to eat on the go without needing utensils (and you’ll never run out of napkins!).
What Are Blackberry Hand Pies?
What are blackberry hand pies? You may be wondering. They’re a delicious and sweet treat that is perfect for the warm summer months! The crust of these pastries is made from a simple pie crust.
Then it’s filled with a sweet batch of blackberries (frozen or fresh0. Finally, the top crust is sealed together by brushing on an egg wash before baking them in the air fryer until golden brown. When you bite into one of these yummy pies, you’ll be met with a burst of tart blackberries and rich pie filing flavor in every single bite!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Blackberry Hand Pies
- Refrigerated or Homemade Pie Crust
- Fresh or Frozen Blackberries
- Granulated Sugar
- All-Purpose Flour
- Lemon Juice
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Air Fryer Blackberry Hand Pies
Rinse the blackberries and place them on a paper towel-covered plate for an hour. (This will help dry out the berries) When they are dry, cut the berries in half before placing them in a bowl, fold in the sugar, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, and flour, mix well to coat the blackberries.
Add the blackberry mixture to a saucepan, and over medium-high heat, simmer until the blackberry mixture is thickened. Using a fork or potato masher, mash the blackberries until smooth.
Roll out your dough. Using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass, cut the circles out (about 3 to 4 inches), and then add about two tablespoons of pie filling to the center of the dough.
Using a fork, seal the edges. Then using a pastry brush, brush with the egg wash.
Spray your basket with cooking spray, and then set your Blackberry Hand Pies into the air fryer basket. Set the temperate to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
While the pies are cooking, make the icing in a small bowl: Add the powdered sugar and milk to a small bowl and mix well. Then drizzle over the blackberry hand pies right before serving.
How Does An Air Fryer Work?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that you can use to replace traditional frying in the home. Air frying uses hot air to cook food instead of oil, which reduces fat and calories. Here are some tips on how an air fryer works!
Air Fryers use rapid, continuous motion with heated coils to circulate hot air around the food, cooking quickly without oil or fats. Air Fryers generally have a small capacity for cooking but can still cook large batches of fries or other favorites in just minutes.
Can I bake hand pies in the oven?
Hand pies are a delicious snack to make for friends and family. They’re also easy to make! But can you bake them in the oven?
Remember the rule of thumb. Generally, anything you make in the Air Fryer can make in the oven and vice versa.
Make them as directed in the recipe, and then place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Set them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F, and cook until golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Use Any Air Fryer: This recipe will work in several Air Fryers, including the Ninja Foodi, instant pot Vortex, Instant Crisp Lid, and Mealthy Lid. The cooking time will change based on your air fryer, so make sure that you check on the Air Fryer Blackberry Hand Pies as you cook them up!
Fresh or Frozen Blackberries? You can use either. If you use frozen blackberries, make sure they are thawed and blotted for extra liquid. Otherwise, you will end up with a mushy hand pie.
Canned Pie Filing? Yes, you can use canned blackberry pie filling! The recipe will work the same.
More Air Fryer Pie Recipes:
- AIR FRYER APPLE PLUM TARTS
- AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE HAND PIES
- EASY AIR FRYER APPLE PIE BAKED APPLES
- AIR FRYER CHERRY HAND PIES
- AIR FRYER MINI CHERRY PIE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHERRY CRUMB PIE
- AIR FRYER LEMON PIE
Blackberry Hand Pies:
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 egg (beaten--egg wash)
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Rinse the blackberries and place them on a paper towel-covered plate for an hour. (This will help dry out the berries) When they are dry, cut the berries in half before placing them in a bowl, fold in the sugar, lemon juice, ground cinnamon, and flour, mix well to coat the blackberries.
- Add the blackberry mixture in a saucepan, and over medium-high heat, simmer until the blackberry mixture is thickened. Using a fork or potato masher, mash the blackberries until they are smooth.
- Roll out your dough, using a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass, cut the circles out (about 3 to 4 inches), and then add about 2 tablespoons of pie filling in the center of the dough.
- In a small cup, mix the egg with a fork. This will be the egg wash.
- Using a fork, seal the edges. Then using a pastry brush, brush with the egg wash.
- Spray your basket with cooking spray, and then set your Blackberry Hand Pies into the air fryer basket. Set the temperate to 380 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the pies are cooking, make the icing in a small bowl: Add the powdered sugar and milk to a small bowl and mix well. Then drizzle over the blackberry hand pies right before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.