Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken is truly amazing. I love a great crispy chicken dish. Drizzled on top is a sweet chili sauce and it’s a great and fast meal.
This chicken dish starts with perfectly air fryer chicken tenders, and if you are looking for easy chicken tenders or nuggets, this is the recipe for you too!
Last month I shared my favorite Copycat Recipe for Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp from Bonefish Grill. It’s one of my favorite recipes and so easy to crisp up in the air fryer.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Chicken Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER HEALTHY BUFFALO CHICKEN, AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE, AIR FRYER WENDY’S SPICY CHICKEN SANDWICH, and AIR FRYER SHAKE N’ BAKE STYLE FRIED CHICKEN.
What is Bang Bang Chicken?
Bang Bang Chicken is characterized by a crispy chicken dish and then covered in a Bang Bang Sauce, made from mayonnaise, sweet chili, and sriracha sauce.
The air fryer does an amazing job of crisping up the chicken while keeping it moist and tender. Once you try it, it will be on your menu weekly! It is that good!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken
- Chicken tenderloins
- All-purpose flour
- Panko bread crumbs
- Ground black pepper
- Bue dragon sweet chili sauce
- Green onions
How To Make Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken
Dice chicken into 1” sections. Create a station for breading the chicken. Put flour and pepper in one bowl, ½ cup buttermilk in another, and panko bread crumbs and salt in the last bowl.
Dip chicken in flour. Then, dip in buttermilk, then panko bread crumbs until evenly coated.
Spray air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
Place chicken in a basket and spray the top of the chicken with olive oil spray. Set to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Flip, spray with olive oil spray and cook for 5 more minutes.
Create bang bang sauce by mixing sriracha, mayo, and sweet chili sauce. Gently toss the chicken in sauce. Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
Some Pro Tips Of Getting The Best Air Fryer Crispy Breaded Chicken
This dish can really benefit from a crispy chicken underneath the sauce. You want to make sure that you have a great base of chicken to add the sauce to. Here are some of my suggestions for making the best dish of Air Fryer Bang Bang Chicken.
- Spray your chicken with cooking spray. If you want any breading to crisp up in the air fryer, you really need to make sure that it’s well covered in with cooking spray.
- Shake the basket throughout the cooking process, so each piece of chicken gets crisped up.
- To prevent your chicken from drying out, I suggest that you use a meat thermometer to make sure the chicken is cooked throughout but not overcooked, which will tend to dry out the chicken.
Bang Bang Chicken Sauce
If you have never had Bang Bang Chicken sauce, you are in for a real treat. With only a few ingredients, you create a great sauce.
It is a combination of mayonnaise, sweet chili sauce, and Sriracha sauce. It creates a great flavor combination. All of the items are located in the Asian section of your grocery store and are readily available.
You can serve some extra sauce on the side for dipping if you have any extra. My kids love eating this sauce on their chicken nuggets, so if you have any leftovers, store it for later.
Best Side Dishes To Serve
Some Other Great Air Fryer Chicken Recipes-
SOME HELPFUL PRODUCTS USED IN TODAY’S RECIPE,
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
- 1 cup buttermilk (divided)
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp sriracha
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup blue dragon sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup diced Green onions (garnish)
- Dice chicken into 1” sections.
- Create a station for breading the chicken. Put flour and pepper in one bowl, ½ cup buttermilk in another, and panko bread crumbs and salt in the last bowl.
- Dip chicken in flour. Then, dip in buttermilk, then panko bread crumbs until evenly coated.
- Spray air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Place chicken in a basket and spray the top of the chicken with olive oil spray. Set to 390 degrees F. air fryer setting for 5 minutes. Flip, spray with olive oil spray and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Create bang bang sauce by mixing sriracha, mayo, and sweet chili sauce. Gently toss the chicken in sauce.
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 533Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 32g