Air Fryer Bacon & Gruyere Egg Frittata Cups — Ever want to have a breakfast that is quick and delicious without being too heavy? Try this recipe for Air Fryer Bacon & Gruyere Egg Frittata Cups. All you need are some basic ingredients, an air fryer, and a few minutes to make these tasty treats. Once they’re done cooking in the air fryer, it’s time to enjoy!
Air Fryer Bacon & Gruyere Egg Frittata Cups are so good! They make the perfect breakfast, snack, or quick lunch! Made in ramekins, these are the perfect breakfast that you can make ahead of time, great for meal prepping.
If you have ever purchased Starbucks Egg Bites, these are even better, and better yet, you will save a lot of money by making them for your and your family.
I love a protein-packed breakfast that will keep me filed until it’s time for lunch, and with the eggs, cheese, and bacon, you are filled with protein.
These are also low-carb and KETO-friendly breakfast options. And what is better with this recipe you can make on Sunday and then reheat them during the week for an on-the-go breakfast, ready in seconds.
Suppose you are looking for some other ways to make eggs in the Air Fryer! Yes, you can make eggs in the Air Fryer!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Bacon & Gruyere Egg Frittata Cups
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Gruyere Cheese
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Bacon & Gruyere Egg Frittata Cups
Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting. Then, line the air fryer basket with parchment paper liner for easy clean-up.
Prepare four 4-ounce ramekin dishes with cooking spray.
Add frittata ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
Pour egg mixture into ramekins, then place in air fryer basket.
Cook for 10 minutes or until set.
- This my version of Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites from Starbucks. They have about the same ingredients and flavor. At the same time, I used heavy cream rather than cottage cheese, as I think that the flavor is better with cream than cottage cheese.
- This recipe will work in any air fryer, including the NInja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and even the Instant Pot Crisp Lid.
Egg Bites Recipe Variations
Egg Bites are so simple to make in the air fryer, and you can either prepare them in ramekins or in the egg mold, which most of us have on hand from using the Instant Pot.
Some great options for additional flavors and add-ins are:
- Spinach and Feta Cheese
- Mushrooms, Red Pepper Bells, and Onions.
- Ham and Cheddar Cheese
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Avocados, Tomaotes, and Asparagus
- Avocado and Kale Omelet (Great for KETO)
How long do egg bites keep?
Egg Bites will last in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days. After that, they tend to get mushy. For best results, make them as directed in the recipe below, and then cool to room temperature.
For best results, wrap them tightly in saran wrap and then place them into the refrigerator. Keeping them airtight will help prolong the time.
To Reheat the Egg Bites in the Air Fryer: Place the ramekins into the air fryer and cook at 300 degrees F, air fryer setting, heat until warmed through. Check them frequently to make sure they do not dry out.
Are air fryer egg bites freezer friendly?
Yes, this is a great Air Fryer Freezer Breakfast Option that freezes really well. Let the egg bites cool to room temperature, and then place them into either a freezer bag or a freezer-safe container.
The egg bites will last in the freezer for about 1 to 2 months. For best results, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer.
Are egg bites a healthy breakfast option?
Low Carb, KETO friendly, and Weight Watchers Friendly. This recipe hits all of the spots, and since the egg bites are filled with protein, you will keep full until the next meal.
Meaning that you can use this on any of the diet plans. For Weight Watchers, consult their website for the points value. You can also eliminate the bacon for a reduced number of points.
What do you serve egg bites with?
You can serve this with anything. I love eating them with my morning coffee, but this pairs well with many great breakfast options in the air fryer. Some of my favorites suggestions are:
- Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- AIR FRYER BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
- EASY AIR FRYER BROWN SUGAR CANDIED BACON
- AIR FRYER BACON SALTED CARAMEL DONUTS
- AIR FRYER LOADED BREAKFAST BURRITO
- EASY AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG
Why cook egg bites in the air fryer?
The real reason to cook egg bites in the air fryer is they are amazing! And without the need to preheat your oven, you can have them on your table by the time the oven preheats.
The hot air circulating the egg bites makes for a delicious and easy breakfast option.
Can you make egg bites in the oven?
Yes, remember anything that you make in the air fryer or oven. You can make it in the oven or air fryer!
Add your ramekins or egg bit mold, and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Check to ensure that the eggs are set before removing them.
More Easy Air Fryer Egg Recipes
- AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS
- LOW-CARB AIR FRYER SCOTCH EGGS
- AIR FRYER AVOCADO TOAST WITH EGG
- AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Bacon & Gruyere Egg Frittata Cups
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 375 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Then, line the air fryer basket with parchment paper liner for easy clean up.
- Prepare four 4-ounce ramekin dishes with cooking spray.
- Add frittata ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture into ramekins, then place in air fryer basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from air fryer.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Ramekins, or Egg cups
- Cooking Spray