Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble — I love to cook and I’m always trying new recipes. One of my favorite things to cook is apple crumble because it’s delicious and smells great! The only problem with making an apple crumble is that it can be very messy so I thought, why not try cooking it in the air fryer? So today we are going to make a very easy Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble recipe that will feed around 4 people. Let’s get started!
Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble is one of the best desserts you can bake in your Air Fryer. It’s also a perfect fall dessert.
Now that the weather is starting to change, it’s ready for some warm and comforting dessert recipes! And this is one of my favorites!
Nothing is better in apple season than a warm apple crumbles dessert. Made with a batch of apples from when I took my kid’s apple picking, this will soon become one of your favorite Air Fryer Desserts!
And if you have not baked anything yet in the Air Fryer, this is a great place to start. It’s easy, and it’s absolutely sinfully delicious!
If you are looking for more Air Fryer Dessert Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHERRY PIE CRESCENT ROLLS, AIR FRYER, RASPBERRY DANISH CRESCENT ROLLS, FROZEN PRETZEL IN AIR FRYER, and AIR FRYER, AIR FRIED, THE EASIEST HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS YOU WILL EVER MAKE, BUT NEVER FORGET!.
What Is An Apple Crumble?
An apple crumble dessert is characterized by a layer of fruit, any type. And then, on top of the fruit is a topping, usually consisting of flour, sugar, and other toppings.
Today, I added some amaretto into the mix, but you can easily omit it if you want to make a family-friendly dessert. The amaretto was used to give some great almond-infused flavor into the caramel sauce.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble
- Brown Sugar
- Caramel Sauce
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble
Peel and core apples. Slice into ⅛” pieces
Add apples to a large mixing bowl with brown sugar, caramel, and amaretto and toss to coat.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Lightly spray a baking tin or casserole dish small enough to fit in the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray and arrange apples in the pan. *For this recipe, we used an 8” casserole dish.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until crumb-like texture forms.
Sprinkle crumbs over the apples and place them into the air fryer. Cook for 15 minutes
Serve with ice cream and drizzle with caramel. Enjoy!
- For best results use really cold butter, which will give you a better topping, than room temperature butter.
- You can add other toppings such as raisins, or granola.
- This recipe will work in any Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model, I have even prepared this in the Ninja Foodi, the results will be the same.
- Make sure that the Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble is fully cooked, before removing it from the Air Fryer. The cooking time will depend on what air fryer you own and what pan you are using to cook it.
What Are The Best Apples To Use For Apple Crumble?
This is a great recipe that you can really can use any apples for. I prefer a baking apple for this recipe, as they hold their shape during the cooking process.
Some great options are Jonagold, Honeycrisp, Braeburn, Mutsu, Pink Lady, and Winesap.
Can Apple Crumble be made in advance?
Yes, this is a great recipe that can be prepared in advance. Make it per the instructions below, a, then cover and place into the refrigerator.
You can make it about a day ahead of time. Then air fry the Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble.
Can you freeze Apple Crumble?
For best results, I would not recommend freezing apple crumble, as if find that as the apple crumble dessert defrosts, it gets very watery.
For best results, make it when you want to consume it. And with the air fryer, it will only take minutes.
What is the difference between apple crisp and apple crumble?
The only difference is that a crumble to traditionally served with a streusel topping, while a crisp is not.
What fruit can you use in a crumble?
YOu can use any fruit you want, and some popular options are blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, pears, peaches, nectarines, and even pineapple.
Don’t forget you can also combine the fruits to get a great winning combination.
These will all give you a great Air Fryer Dessert.
What Baking Pans Can I Use In The Air Fryer?
I have had a lot of luck baking in the Air Fryer, but I also came to realize that using the correct pan in the Air Fryer would determine its success.
I would highly recommend that you use a thinner baking or casserole dish than you are used to.
Some of my favorites are: (affiliate links included)
MDZF SWEET HOME Ceramic Baking Dish for Oven Individual Roasting Lasagna Pan Small Casserole Bakeware with Handle, Gray
Rachael Ray Solid Glaze Ceramics Au Gratin Bakeware / Baker Set, Oval – 2 Piece, Light Blue
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes:
- AIR FRYER BISCUIT STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE ALMOND CRESCENT ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER, CHOCOLATE AND BANANA STUFFED CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER CRESCENT LEMON DANISH
- AIR FRYER, HOMEMADE CINNAMON APPLE FRITTERS
- EASY AIR FRYER CINNAMON CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER PRETZEL BITES
Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble
Air Fryer Amaretto Apple Crumble is one of the best desserts you can bake in your Air Fryer. It's also a perfect fall dessert.
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 1 oz amaretto
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Optional: Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream and caramel sauce
- Peel and core apples. Slice into ⅛” pieces
- Add apples to a large mixing bowl with brown sugar, caramel, and amaretto and toss to coat—Preheat the air fryer to 350 F, air fryer setting.
- Lightly spray a baking tin or casserole dish small enough to fit in the air fryer with non-stick cooking spray and arrange apples in the pan. *For this recipe, we used an 8” casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine softened butter, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix until crumb-like texture forms.
- Sprinkle crumbs over the apples and place them into the air fryer. Cook for 15 minutes
- Serve with ice cream and drizzle with caramel.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 93mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 4gSugar: 47gProtein: 3g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply