My mother was a great baker, she always baked muffins on Sunday, and we would bring them to our walk to school on Monday mornings. This was great because Monday’s for most people are slowly starting days. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was excellent in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on Mondays, so I made muffins, on Sunday night, just like my mom and they always grab them on Monday mornings. I guess traditions are important. So, if you are having trouble with breakfast, try this one, and let me know how they work for you.
Muffins, are the perfect breakfast food. They are a great healthy alternative for breakfast on the go. Whatever the muffin, it’s sure to be sweet, crumbly and delicious.
I love eating muffins all year round; they are perfect on the go-to breakfast. I always make a huge batch on Sunday, so my husband can bring them to work during the week. These are my favorite muffins, and I have been eating them since I was a little girl. I’m not sure where the recipe came from, but they are amazing! My kids also love them, because they are nice and chocolaty, who doesn’t love chocolate.
Here are other muffin recipes.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Air Fryer, Homemade Doughnut Muffins (Donut Muffins)
These are so easy to make and absolutely easy to devour. They are a family favorite.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 stick room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Start by adding the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Then add in the baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Add the butter into the mixture.
- Then add in the sugar.
- Beat in the egg.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Then spray the muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- Fill the muffin tin with batter.
- Then set the pan into the air fryer, cook on 320 degrees F, for 12 minutes.
After 12 minutes check and see if they are done. If they are done, leave to cool, before you remove the hot tray. If they are not done, add 2 minutes on the time.
- Let Muffins cool.
- Then melt the butter. (use a microwave)
- Then in a small bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Use a brush and spread the butter on top of the muffin.
- Then roll into the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Continue to finish the muffins with the topping.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer muffins muffin mix in air fryer can you use paper muffin cups in an air fryer air fryer chocolate chip muffins air fryer mini muffins air fryer blueberry muffins how long to cook cupcakes in air fryer reheat muffins in air fryer