Are you looking for an easy, fast, and delicious weekday meal that the whole family will love? Look no further than this amazing recipe showcasing peppers and bratwursts in an air fryer!
When it comes to summertime gatherings, nothing is more inviting than the smell of hot peppers and brats wafting from a backyard barbecue. But what do you do when you want that flavor without firing up the grill? An air fryer!
With just a few simple ingredients, an air fryer can bring all the flavors of traditional grilling right into your kitchen in no time at all. Learn how to make juicy peppers and brats for your next gathering with this easy step-by-step guide – plus learn how to customize the recipe for different tastes and dietary needs. So grab some fresh vegetables, lend these classic flavors together, and get cooking – let’s make those mouths water!
The Best Air Fryer Brats And Peppers Recipe
This is a super easy meal, that your whole family will love! It’s one of my favorites, I you have been looking for an easy way to cook a meal for 2 or 4 in your air fryer, this is one of the easiest and you will love it!
This is a great meal and low carb and keto-friendly and easy dinner idea!
What Are Bratwurst?
Bratwurst are a type of German sausage that originated in Germany and is now popular around the world. It contains pork, beef, or veal mixed with spices such as nutmeg, pepper, coriander, ginger, garlic, and onions. Bratwurst may be boiled, air fried, smoked, or grilled over charcoal. When served hot it is usually served with mustard, ketchup, horseradish, or beer. It is also a popular item in fast food restaurants, often served on buns as a bratwurst sandwich.
Brast are usually near the hot dogs, and polish sausage, in your local grocery store.
Can You Cook Brats In The Air Fryer
Cooking brats in an air fryer is a great way to enjoy delicious, juicy sausages with minimal fuss. An air fryer uses hot air and a convection system to circulate heat around the food, cooking it evenly on all sides. This helps ensure that your brats are cooked thoroughly and evenly, without having to flip them or move them around. With an air fryer, you can quickly and easily cook brats in just minutes!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fried Brats And Peppers
Are you looking for an easy, flavorful meal that doesn’t involve a ton of effort? Then look no further than this delicious air fryer pepper and brat dinner! This combination of simple ingredients will cook up in minutes and be ready to enjoy with minimal work. The juicy seasoned brats, sweet peppers, and crunchy onions make this meal a great crowd-pleaser. Plus, the air fryer gives it that extra bit of crispiness you can’t get from conventional cooking methods. Read on for all the essential ingredients needed to add this tasty dish to your next menu!
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, including nutritional information.
- Sausage: Use cooked or uncooked (raw) bratwurst or Italian sausage
- Peppers: Use red peppers, orange bell peppers, or even green bell peppers. I Love using a variety of papers, for a colorful meal!
- Oil: Use olive oil, avocado oil, or even grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Blck Pepper, Italian Seasoning
How To Cook Air Fryer Brats and Peppers
Are you looking for a simple and delicious meal that won’t take too long to prepare? Have you been wanting to try out your air fryer, but don’t know what recipes to use? Look no further! In this blog post, we will be taking a look at an easy and flavorful dish: Air Fryer Brats and Peppers.
We’ll be providing step-by-step instructions on how to make it so that even those who are just starting their cooking journey can whip up this tasty entrée in no time. From prepping the ingredients to plating it all up, we’ve got you covered with advice tailored specifically for cooking with an air fryer. So let’s get started – read on for some useful tips and tricks!
Step One: Prepare The Bell Peppers
Using a sharp knife, cut your bell peppers into either strips or chunks. Add them to a large bowl, and toss them with the olive oil and seasonings.
Step Two: Air Fry
Preheat your air fyrer to 370 degrees F, for 3-5 minutes. Place sausages and peppers into the air fryer basket, in a single layer. Set the cooking time for 12-15 minutes at 370 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, by using a meat thermometer. For best results, use tongs and flip the sausage a few times during the cooking process.
Step Three: Serving
Serve on hot dog buns, brat buns, or a hoagie roll!
Tips For Cooking Brats In Air Fryers
Air fryers are the perfect tool for cooking up delicious brats without a lot of mess. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your air fryer when it comes to cooking brats:
- Preheat Your Air Fryer – Before adding any brats to your air fryer, make sure to preheat it to 370 degrees F. This will ensure that your brats cook through evenly and stay juicy on the inside.
- Don’t Overcrowd – Since air fryers are smaller than traditional ovens, you should be careful not to overcrowd them with brats. If you put too many in at once, they will likely stick together and won’t cook evenly.
- Flip Your Brats – To ensure that your brats are cooked through, be sure to flip them every few minutes while they’re in the air fryer. This will help them cook more evenly and prevent them from sticking together.
- Use a Meat Thermometer – The best way to make sure your brats are cooked through is to insert a thermometer into the thickest part of the sausage. It should read at least 160 degrees F before they’re ready to be served. The cook time will vary based on the air fryer you are using.
- Serve with Sauerkraut – A side of sauerkraut pairs perfectly with brats and is a great way to add flavor. Simply warm it up in the air fryer for a few minutes before serving it with your brats.
Following these tips will help you create perfectly cooked brats every time! Enjoy!
How To Store Leftover Brats
Leftover brats may be stored in the refrigerator, either in an airtight container or wrapped in aluminum foil, or saran wrap. They make a quick meal and can be stored for 2-3 days.
What To Serve With Brats
Bratwurst is a popular dish found in German cuisine, but it has become increasingly popular worldwide. Brats can be served with a variety of sides to create the perfect meal. Here are some classic side dishes that pair perfectly with brats:
- Sauerkraut: Sauerkraut is an essential part of German cuisine, so it just makes sense to serve it with brats.
- Potato Salad: Potato salad is a classic American side dish that pairs wonderfully with brats.
- Coleslaw: This tangy side carries light and bright flavors perfect for pairing with the savory flavor of bratwurst.
- Vegetables: Roasted or steamed vegetables like carrots, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, and green beans are great options for a light side dish.
- Fruit Salad: A mix of seasonal fruits can be a refreshing accompaniment to bratwurst.
How To Prepare Brat and Pepper Sandwiches
Brat and pepper sandwiches provide a delicious combination of flavors. They are easy to make and can be served as an appetizer or main dish. This recipe will show you how to prepare the perfect brat and pepper sandwich.
Serve on a hoagie roll, or hoagie buns, you can also add some sliced onions.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- SAUERKRAUT HOT DOGS IN AIR FRYER
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Air Fryer Sausage
- AIR FRYER STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
- AIR FRYER HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN LEGS
- AIR FRYER HUMMUS PHYLLO CUPS
Peppers and brats cooked in an air fryer offer a delicious and satisfying taste without the cumbersome cleanup. This dish is super easy to make, even for a beginner. Not only does it provide a tasty meal, but it also cuts down on prep time, simplifying your kitchen workflow. Plus, given the health benefits of peppers and brats when cooked this way, it’s an ideal breakfast or dinner solution for people who are trying to eat more healthily.
Whether you’re cooking up the classic combination of these two ingredients or putting your own spin on them, there’s no denying that peppers and brats cooked in an air fryer are an amazing way to enjoy meals that are flavorful and healthy. And with very little effort required, making peppers and brats in an air fryer will take your culinary game to the next level with ease!
Peppers and Brats In Air Fryer
- 4 Bratwurst Sausage
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Using a sharp knife, cut your bell peppers into either strips or chunks. Add them to a large bowl, and toss them with the olive oil and seasonings.
- Preheat your air fyrer to 370 degrees F, for 3-5 minutes. Place sausages and peppers into the air fryer basket, in a single layer. Set the cooking time for 12-15 minutes at 370 degrees F, using the air fyrer setting. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F, by using a meat thermometer. For best results, use tongs and flip the sausage a few times during the cooking process.
- Serve on hot dog buns, brat buns, or a hoagie roll!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper, or Cooking Spray