Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad — Are you looking for a quick and easy dish to make that will please all of your guests? I’ve got the recipe! This Italian Pasta Salad is made with ingredients that are easy to find in any supermarket and taste delicious. It’s perfect as an appetizer or as a main course for lunch or dinner. Give it a try, and let me know what you think!
Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad –There is nothing better for a quick and delicious pasta side dish than Instant Pot.
I love a great pasta salad, and although I am not a fan of standing over the pot mixing it, the Instant Pot took care of that for me. No more standing over a stove, constantly boiling with the Instant Pot, you set it, and you forget it.
There is nothing better for a quick side dish, which will go with almost everything, and since you can make it ahead of time, it’s a great dish to bring to a potluck, family gather, or holiday meal.
If you have never made a pasta salad before, this is one of the easiest recipes, and it is perfect for any new Instant Pot user or beginner.
What Is Pasta Salad?
Pasta salad, what is it? Is it just a bunch of leftovers from other dishes thrown together? A hodgepodge of mismatched ingredients that somehow taste okay when mixed together? If you’re thinking any of those things, you’re wrong! Pasta salad is its own delicious dish, and it’s definitely not just a bunch of leftovers.
In fact, there are so many different ways to make a pasta salad that you could eat a different one every day for over two years and never have the same one twice! So if you want to try something new for your next potluck or picnic, scope out some recipes for pasta salad and get cooking. You won’t be sorry!
Why Make Pasta Salad In The Instant Pot?
Cooks who are looking for a way to make pasta salad in the instant pot will be happy to know that there is a way to do this. The great thing about making pasta salad in the instant pot is that it is easy and quick. In just a few minutes, cooks can have a delicious pasta salad that they can enjoy. Plus, the Instant Pot makes it easy to cook the pasta perfectly every time. So, why not give it a try?
Why You Will Love Italian Pasta Salad
There are few things in this world that are as satisfying as a good Italian pasta salad. The combination of fresh, delicious ingredients makes for a dish that is both nutritious and tasty. If you’re looking for a way to spice up your lunch routine, look no further than this recipe. You will love how easy it is to make, and how good it tastes.
Trust us – once you try it, you’ll be hooked!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad
Summertime is the perfect time for picnics and potlucks with family and friends. This Italian pasta salad is the perfect dish to take along because it’s quick and easy to make with ingredients you likely already have on hand. Plus, it’s always a hit with everyone! So grab your Instant Pot and let’s get started.
- Rotini Pasta
- Italian Salad Dressing
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Colby Jack Cheese
- Black Olives
- Green Bell Pepper
- Yellow Bell Pepper
How To Cook Italian Pasta Salad In The Instant Pot
In the Instant Pot, add the (2 tablespoons)Italian Salad Dressing, Pasta, and Water. Mix well. Add the lid to the Instant Pot and set the manual high pressure for 6 minutes. When the time is up, do a quick release.
Remove the pasta from the Instant Pot and drain, mix with the rest of the Italian Dressing.
Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise, cube the cheese bricks, slice pepperonis in half, slice olives in half lengthwise.
Dice both peppers. Add tomatoes, cheese cubes, olives, and peppers to the bowl.
Toss until ingredients are well distributed. Add the pepperonis (these tend to stick together, so try to separate as much as possible), then give it one final mix.
Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour up to overnight, then serve!
- Vegan Option: If you want to keep this a total Vegetarian or Vegan Instant Pot Pasta Salad, you can add some roasted chickpeas, fresh herbs, and spices.
- Summer Vegetable Salad: I love fresh vegetables in the summer. When they are at the peak of freshness, some great add-ins would be steamed asparagus, diced bell peppers, and other seasonal vegetables. Zucchini and Summer Squash are great add-ins as well.
- Protein: While today, I did not add any portion, you can easily add some cooked salmon, chicken, shrimp, or even tofu! The options are limitless!
Making it in Advance
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time because the longer the pasta salad sits, the better the flavors get.
Ensure to cover it and place it onto the refrigerated it will stay protected for up to 3 days. After that, it will start to get soggy. For best results, make the pasta, and mix it with the Italian Dressing, but wait to add in the other ingredients until right before serving.
How To Store Pasta Salad
Did you know that pasta salad can last for up to five days in the fridge? It’s true! If you’re looking for a way to make your pasta salad last longer, follow these tips. First, cook the pasta al dente and let it cool completely before adding the dressing. Second, use a light coating of dressing instead of drenching the salad in it. Finally, store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
More Instant Pot Recipes:
If you’re like me, you got an Instant Pot for the holidays and have been experimenting with recipes ever since. If you’re looking for some new ideas, look no further! I’ve gathered some of my favorite Instant Pot recipes that are perfect for a weeknight meal. From soups to stews to pasta dishes, there’s something here for everyone. So fire up your Instant Pot and get cooking!
- INSTANT POT GARLIC BROWN RICE
- INSTANT POT LEMON SALMON
- EASY INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND RICE
- INSTANT POT EGG LOAF
- INSTANT POT FARRO
- EASY INSTANT POT WILD RICE
- INSTANT POT SWEET BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS (FIESTA)
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 pound rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon Italian Dressing
- 1-2 cups water, (enough to cover the pasta)
- 16 ounce Italian dressing
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes
- 16 ounces Colby Jack Cheese, blocks
- 6 ounces pepperoni, sliced
- 6 ounces black olives, pitted
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- In the Instant Pot, add the (2 tablespoons)Italian Salad Dressing, Pasta, and Water. Mix well. Add the lid to the Instant Pot and set the manual high pressure for 6 minutes. When the time is up, do a quick release.
- Remove the pasta from the Instant Pot and drain, and mix with the rest of the Italian Dressing.
- Slice tomatoes in half lengthwise, cube the cheese bricks, slice pepperonis in half, and slice olives in half lengthwise.
- Dice both peppers.
- Add tomatoes, cheese cubes, olives, and peppers to the bowl.
- Toss until ingredients are well distributed. Add the pepperonis (these tend to stick together, so try to separate as much as possible), then give it one final mix.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour up to overnight, then serve!
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi