This is a really easy way to have homemade apple oatmeal. Next time I am going to add some ground cinnamon into the ingredient list. My son topped his off by a few diced apples and a shake of cinnamon sugar.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup diced apples
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon appple pie spice
Optional: Top off with diced apples, a shake of ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar.
- In your Instant Pot bowl, add the steel-cut oatmeal and butter.
- Then press the saute button. Continue to saute, until all of the butter has melted, remember to keep on stirring as the butter will burn if you don’t stir.
- Add the water, diced apples, apple pie spice and brown sugar.
- Add your lid (make sure it’s in the sealing position) Set manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the time is up, do a natural pressure until L10, and then do a quick release.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: instant pot apple cinnamon rolled oatmeal instant pot apple cinnamon old fashioned oatmeal instant pot old fashioned oatmeal with apples instant pot apple cinnamon oatmeal rolled oats instant pot steel cut oats apple almond milk instant pot oatmeal apple rolled oats instant pot apple oatmeal vegan apple cinnamon oatmeal instant