Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal –This recipe is for all of you who are looking for a quick, leisurely breakfast that can be made ahead and reheated with little effort. This banana nut bread oatmeal is made in the Instant Pot, making it even easier to prepare! Just put all your ingredients in the pot, set it on high pressure, and cook for 12 minutes. Easy peasy!
Instant Pot Easy Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal –This recipe for Instant Pot Users looking for easy breakfast recipes. I have been working on making more and more in my Instant Pot.
Suppose you aren’t following me. I’m at Fork to Spoon and usually do a recipe for the Instant Pot daily. So, if you are looking for more recipes, check back.
I also started a new Facebook group for everyone to share recipes and talk about their Instant Pot
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal
- Old-Fashioned Oatmeal
- Maple Syrup
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal
In your Instant Pot Bowl, add milk, water, and old-fashioned oats.
Then, add the sliced bananas. Add the ground cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
Add the lid, ensuring the vent is in the sealing position. Set the manual high pressure for 7 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release.
Spoon into the bowls and then garnish with freshly sliced bananas and crushed walnuts.
- This recipe will take about 15 minutes from start to finish; remember that the Instant Pot or Pressure cooker takes time to come to pressure before it starts to cook.
- I added maple syrup to the recipe, but you can omit it if you’re on a sugar-free diet or would like to use an alternative sweeter. You can easily omit the maple syrup in the recipe and add it as a topping.
- You can switch this recipe to steel-cut oats for a healthier alternative. You can also use gluten-free oatmeal if you wish. The recipe will remain the same.
- You can use almond, oak, or lactose-free milk as a dairy alternative. The recipe and quantities would remain the same.
FAQ’s About Making Oatmeal In Instant Pot
How long does it take to cook oatmeal in an Instant Pot? Cooking times can vary slightly depending on the type of oats and your preferred consistency. Generally, it takes about 3-5 minutes of high-pressure cooking time.
What’s the oat-to-water ratio for making oatmeal in an Instant Pot? A common ratio is 1 cup of oats to 2 cups of water for rolled oats. Adjust the ratio based on the type of oats you use and your desired consistency.
Can I add milk to my oatmeal in the Instant Pot? Yes, you can use milk or a milk-water combination to make creamier oatmeal. Just be cautious with dairy milk, as it can scorch, so you may need to add it after cooking.
Do I need to use the Instant Pot’s sealing ring for making oatmeal? It’s not necessary to use the sealing ring when making oatmeal because there’s no need to pressurize the Instant Pot for this recipe.
Can I add flavorings and toppings to my Instant Pot oatmeal? Absolutely! You can add various flavorings like vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, or sweeteners like honey or maple syrup. Customize your oatmeal with toppings like fresh fruits, nuts, or dried berries.
What’s the natural release vs. quick release method for oatmeal in the Instant Pot? You can use either method. Natural release means letting the Instant Pot depressurize on its own, which can result in slightly softer oatmeal. Quick release involves manually venting the pressure, and this method typically results in firmer oats.
Can I make overnight oats in the Instant Pot? While the Instant Pot is great for cooking oats quickly, it’s not typically used for overnight oats. Overnight oats are made by soaking oats in liquid (usually milk or yogurt) in the refrigerator overnight without cooking.
How do I prevent the oatmeal from sticking to the bottom of the Instant Pot? Make sure to give the oats a good stir before cooking to prevent sticking. You can also use the pot-in-pot method (a separate container inside the Instant Pot) to avoid any sticking.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- INSTANT POT-BLUEBERRY MUFFIN STEEL CUT OATMEAL
- INSTANT POT STEEL CUT OATS
- EASY INSTANT POT PILLSBURY CINNAMON ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread Oatmeal
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 sliced bananas
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional: Serve with sliced bananas and crushed walnuts
- In your Instant Pot Bowl, add milk, water, and old-fashioned oats.
- Then add the sliced bananas.
- Add the ground cinnamon, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the lid, making sure that the vent is in the sealing position. Set the manual high pressure for 7 minutes. When the time is up, let the pressure naturally release.
- Spoon into the bowls and then garnish with freshly sliced bananas and crushed walnuts.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Pressure Cooker, or Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot