This is an amazingly easy recipe. Like with most recipes, I played with it for a while, until I really got a taste and quality that I would feel comfortable posting. I do not look to share recipes that aren’t things I would make again. Which, on the other hand, makes it hard to experiment, because my sons are always asking me to make the Minestrone Soup or Sesame Chicken again and again.
On Today’s Menu-Instant Pot Easy Chili
- 2 onions, peeled and diced
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 cup of diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 6 ounces of tomato paste
- 28 ounces of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of beef broth
- 16 ounces of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 ounce of pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Optional: Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, cilantro or green onions
- First brown the meat and onions in the Instant Pot. Using the Saute setting, saute for about 5 minutes. ( I poured off some of the fat, after this step) Then add the diced peppers, celery, brown sugar and chili powder. Stir and cook for about 1 minute. Then add the tomato paste, garlic, crushed tomatoes and broth. Mix everything together and set for high pressure 15 minutes, with the vent as sealed.
- Let it naturally reduce, and then add the beans in (drained and rinsed), Mix well and the beans will get hot from the other ingredients.
- Ladle and garnish as you wish.