Blackstone Griddle Kielbasa — If you love Kielbasa but don’t want the hassle of spending hours cooking it over a hot stove, then this Blackstone Griddle Kielbasa Recipe is for you.
This flavorful and savory dish can be made in no time without compromising on flavor or texture. Plus, our simple instructions will have you griddling with full-flavor sausages quickly. Enjoy tender slices of smoky kielbasa seasoned with garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper, all made quickly, thanks to the versatility of your griddle!
What Is Kielbasa
Kielbasa is a type of sausage that originates from Poland. It is a popular and versatile sausage that is enjoyed in various cuisines around the world. Kielbasa is typically made from ground pork, although variations can include beef, veal, or a combination of meats. The meat is seasoned with a blend of spices, such as garlic, pepper, and marjoram, which gives it a distinctive flavor.
Kielbasa is known for its firm texture and rich, savory taste. It is often smoked or cured, which enhances its flavor and gives it a longer shelf life. It can be found in both cooked and uncooked forms, with the uncooked variety requiring cooking before consumption.
In Polish cuisine, kielbasa is a staple and is commonly enjoyed grilled, fried, boiled, or added to stews and soups. It is also popular in dishes like pierogies, sauerkraut, and various Polish sausages. Kielbasa has gained popularity beyond Poland and is now enjoyed in many countries as a delicious and versatile sausage.
It’s worth noting that there are different types and regional variations of kielbasa, each with its own unique characteristics and flavors. Some popular types include Kielbasa Krakowska, Kielbasa Wiejska, and Kielbasa Mysliwska.
Overall, kielbasa is a flavorful and versatile sausage that tastes delicious in many dishes. Whether used as the main ingredient or as a flavorful addition to recipes, kielbasa is loved by many for its distinctive flavor and versatility in cooking.
Ingredients Needed For Blackstone Griddle Kielbasa
Nothing beats the smoky flavor of blackstone griddle kielbasa right off the grill. But before you can experience this unique flavor for yourself, you’ll need to gather some key ingredients and have them prepped beforehand.
Fortunately, sourcing these grilling essentials is relatively easy – you’ll need a few basic supplies readily available from your local supermarket or hardware store!
Remember the step-by-step instructions and detailed ingredients are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
To cook kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Kielbasa sausages: Choose your preferred kielbasa type, whether it’s the traditional Polish kielbasa or a specific variation. You can find kielbasa in the meat section of most grocery stores.
- Cooking oil or butter: Use a small amount to grease the griddle surface and prevent the sausages from sticking.
- Buns or bread: If you plan on making kielbasa sandwiches or serving the sausages in a bun, you can have your favorite bread or rolls on hand.
- Condiments and toppings: Prepare your preferred condiments and toppings to enhance the flavor of the kielbasa. This can include mustard, sauerkraut, relish, onions, or any other toppings you enjoy.
How To Cook Kilebasa On Blackstone Griddle
Are you looking for a new way to cook your favorite sausage? Do you love trying unusual recipes or mastering the latest kitchen trends? If so, look no further! This step-by-step guide teaches you how to make kielbasa on a Blackstone Griddle. The perfect blend of smoky and savory flavors comes together in one delicious dish, which has become a surefire hit at family barbecues everywhere. Prepare to fire up the grill and prepare an unforgettable meal — it’s time to cook kielbasa on the Blackstone Griddle!
Cooking kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle is a simple and delicious process. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
Step One: Preheat the Blackstone griddle
Start by preheating your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes until it reaches the desired cooking temperature.
Step Two: Prepare the kielbasa
While the griddle is heating, prepare the kielbasa sausages by cutting them into smaller sections or leaving them whole, depending on your preference.
Step Three: Grease the griddle
Once the griddle is hot, lightly grease the cooking surface with cooking oil or butter to prevent sticking.
Step Four: Place the kielbasa on the griddle
Carefully place the kielbasa sausages on the hot griddle. Arrange them in a single layer, making sure they have enough space between them for even cooking.
Step Five: Cook the kielbasa
Let the kielbasa cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally to ensure even browning and cooking. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the sausages and your desired level of doneness. Check for doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the kielbasa. It should reach a minimum internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) for pork-based kielbasa or follow the recommended temperature for the specific type of kielbasa you are cooking.
Step Six: Serving
Remove from the griddle: Once the kielbasa is cooked to your desired doneness, remove them from the griddle and transfer them to a serving plate or bun if you’re making sandwiches. Serve the cooked kielbasa hot as a main dish or in a bun with your favorite condiments and toppings. Kielbasa pairs well with mustard, sauerkraut, onions, or any other toppings you choose.
Pro Tips For Cooking Kielbasa on Blackstone Griddle
To elevate your kielbasa cooking game on a Blackstone griddle, here are some pro tips:
- Preheat the griddle properly: Make sure to preheat your Blackstone griddle to the appropriate temperature before cooking the kielbasa. This helps achieve a nice sear and prevents sticking.
- Use direct and indirect heat: If you’re cooking thicker kielbasa sausages, consider combining direct and indirect heat. Start by searing the sausages over direct heat to create a crispy exterior, then move them to an area of the griddle with indirect heat to cook them through more gently.
- Score the kielbasa: Before cooking, you can score the kielbasa diagonally or in a crisscross pattern with a knife. This allows the sausages to cook more evenly and helps the flavors infuse better.
- Add some char: For an extra layer of flavor, allow the kielbasa to develop some char marks. This imparts a smoky taste and enhances the overall appeal of the sausages.
- Baste with a glaze: Consider brushing the kielbasa with a glaze or marinade during cooking to add flavor and moisture. You can use barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey mustard, or any other favorite glaze that complements the kielbasa.
- Keep them juicy: To prevent the kielbasa from drying out, avoid overcooking them. Keep an eye on the internal temperature using a meat thermometer and remove them from the griddle once they reach the desired temperature.
- Rest before serving: Allow the cooked kielbasa to rest for a few minutes before serving. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a juicier and more flavorful bite.
- Experiment with toppings and accompaniments: Get creative with your kielbasa by trying different toppings and accompaniments. Explore various mustards, relishes, sauerkraut, pickles, or grilled onions to enhance the flavors and create unique combinations.
- Serve with a side dish: Pair the cooked kielbasa with a delicious side dish like grilled vegetables, potato salad, coleslaw, or a fresh salad. The sides complement the savory flavors of the kielbasa and complete the meal.
- Clean the griddle properly: Clean it thoroughly after cooking to maintain its performance and longevity. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning and maintenance to keep your Blackstone griddle in top condition.
By following these pro tips, you can cook kielbasa on your Blackstone griddle like a seasoned pro. Enjoy the flavorful and juicy sausages with your favorite accompaniments, and savor the delicious results!
What temperature should I set my Blackstone griddle to when cooking kielbasa?
Preheat the griddle to medium-high heat for cooking kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle, typically around 375-400°F (190-204°C). This temperature allows for a nice sear and ensures the sausages cook through without burning.
How long does it take to cook kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle?
The cooking time for kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle can vary depending on the thickness of the sausages and the heat of your griddle. Generally, it takes about 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally, to cook kielbasa until it reaches a safe internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). However, always use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
Should I oil the griddle before cooking Kielbasa?
It’s a good idea to lightly oil the griddle before cooking kielbasa to prevent sticking. Use a high smoke point cooking oil like vegetable oil or canola oil and apply it to the griddle’s surface using a brush or paper towel.
How do I know when the kielbasa is cooked?
To ensure the kielbasa is cooked properly, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. Pork-based kielbasa should reach a minimum internal temperature of 160°F (71°C). Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the sausage to get an accurate reading.
Can I cook other ingredients with the kielbasa on the Blackstone griddle?
You can cook other ingredients alongside the kielbasa on the Blackstone griddle. You can grill vegetables, such as peppers and onions, or even cook up some potatoes for a complete meal. Just be mindful of the cooking times of each ingredient and adjust accordingly.
Can I use a marinade or glaze on the kielbasa?
Absolutely! Using a marinade or glaze can add extra flavor to the kielbasa. You can brush the sausages with your preferred marinade or glaze while they cook on the griddle. Just be careful with sugary marinades as they can burn quickly, so applying them towards the end of the cooking process is best.
Can I cook Kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle if it’s frozen?
It’s generally recommended to thaw the kielbasa before cooking it on the Blackstone griddle. Thawing the sausages allows for more even cooking and ensures that the sausages reach the proper internal temperature.
Can I cook kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle indoors?
Yes, you can cook kielbasa on a Blackstone griddle indoors if you have a suitable ventilation system. Ensure to place the griddle on a heat-resistant surface, away from any flammable materials, and follow safety guidelines when using it indoors.
More Blackstone Recipes
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
- BLACKSTONE SIRLOIN STEAK RECIPE
- EASY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SCRAMBLED EGGS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAUSAGE PATTIES
- BLACKSTONE CHICKEN STIR FRY
- EASY BLACKSTONE FRIED EGGS RECIPE
- BLACKSTONE CHEX PARTY MIX
- BLACKSTONE APPLE CIDER DONUTS
Blackstone Griddle Kielbasa
- 1 pound kielbasa
Optional: Buns, bread, toppings, and condiments
- Start by preheating your Blackstone griddle to medium-high heat. Allow it to heat up for a few minutes until it reaches the desired cooking temperature.
- While the griddle is heating, prepare the kielbasa sausages by cutting them into smaller sections or leaving them whole, depending on your preference.
- Once the griddle is hot, lightly grease the cooking surface with cooking oil or butter to prevent sticking.
- Carefully place the kielbasa sausages on the hot griddle. Arrange them in a single layer, making sure they have enough space between them for even cooking.
- Let the kielbasa cook for about 8-10 minutes, flipping occasionally to ensure even browning and cooking. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the sausages and your desired level of doneness. Check for doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the kielbasa. It should reach a minimum internal temperature of 160°F (71°C) for pork-based kielbasa or follow the recommended temperature for the specific type of kielbasa you are cooking.
- Remove from the griddle: Once the kielbasa is cooked to your desired doneness, remove them from the griddle and transfer them to a serving plate or bun if you're making sandwiches. Serve the cooked kielbasa hot as a main dish or in a bun with your favorite condiments and toppings. Kielbasa pairs well with mustard, sauerkraut, onions, or any other toppings you choose.
- Blackstone Griddle
- Cooking Oil