This is one of the easiest copycat recipes ot make at home. The air fryer does a great job of crisping up the chicken.
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup of dill pickle juice
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
1 cup flour
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground garlic powder
Hamburger buns, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, and pickles for serving
- Start by trimming the fat off the chicken sandwiches and then slice the breasts in half.
- Place the chicken in the buttermilk/pickle mixture. Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- After marinating the chicken, in another bowl mix the egg and milk.
- In a large resealable bag, place the flour, powdered sugar and spices.
- So, after battering your chicken, I placed mine on the Omni Tray (and sprayed it with olive oil. Traditionally, you would spray it with peanut oil, but my son is allergic) The peanut oil will give you a better brown color.
- Set the temperaure to 350 degrees F, for 5 minutes.
- Then increase the temperature to 400 degrees for another 4 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer chick fil a chicken nuggets air fryer chick fil a tenders chick fil a sandwich recipe skinnytaste air fryer chicken sandwich air fryer grilled chicken sandwich does chick fil a air fry their chicken frozen chicken sandwich air fryer air fryer chick fil a nuggets