Air Fryer Roasted Olives — Using your air fryer is a quick and easy way to make flavorful olives. These are perfect for a party or an appetizer. You can even use them as a pizza topping! The best part about this recipe is that it only takes 5 minutes of your time, plus you get the benefits of cooking in olive oil without having to turn on the oven!
One of the best and easiest ways to make a tasty and healthy snack is roasting olives in an air fryer. You can use any olive, but we recommend kalamata or black olives for this recipe because they are meatier than other types like green, picholine, or niçoise.
This recipe also works well with garlic cloves and rosemary sprigs. The only real prep work you need to do before starting is to slice the top off each clove so that it sits flat inside your air fryer basket. If you want to add more flavor without adding too much sodium, try using smoked paprika instead of salt and pepper!
As I get older, I need to return to my Italian heritage. I don’t know if it’s just because I am getting older or think a lot of nostalgia about the past. This was one of the appetizers, and my grandmother used to slow roast it in the oven when she knew that guests would be coming over. It doesn’t require much. I will tell you that the olives’ quality matters because you don’t want them, can taste in your mouth, so if you are going to make this, spring for the olives that you find at the olive bar at the grocery stores. They only cost a few dollars more but were well worth the cost.
If you have been looking for an Easy Air Fryer Appetizer Recipe, some of my favorite recipes, CRISPY AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS, AIR FRYER TURKEY CROQUETTES, AIR FRYER ITALIAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS, and AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED DATES.
What Are Roasted Olives?
Roasted olives are a delicious snack that you can find in any grocery store. They come in many flavors, but the most popular flavor is garlic and herb. Roasted olives are easy to make at home with simple ingredients like olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme leaves. This recipe will teach you how to roast your batch of roasted olives! How do you eat roasted olives? For me, it’s either as an appetizer or as a side dish for lunch/dinner. I also love dipping them into hummus! What about you? Share your favorite way to enjoy these tasty treats below!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Roasted Olives
- Mixed Olives
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper
- Fennel Seeds
How To Make Air Fryer Roasted Olives
Add the olives, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, fennel, red pepper, salt, and pepper, and mix well in a large bowl.
Spread the marinated olives over the air fryer basket or in the air fryer tray. Place the tray at the bottom of the air fryer, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- For best results, use a large olive so that the flavor gets infused. For this recipe, I usually purchase the olives from our salad bar at our local grocery store. Make sure they are pitted as well.
- You can use stuffed olives for even more flavor.
- Sprinkle the roasted olives with feta cheese, or toss with mozzarella cheese cubes after the olives are roasted.
- Garnish with fresh herbs right before serving.
How To Serve Olives?
This is a great holiday or party appetizer. These go amazingly well on a charcuterie board some other great ways to serve them:
- Game-Day Snack
- Crostini Topping
MORE AIR FRYER APPETIZER RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER CHILE RELLENO
- AIR FRYER FROZEN MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
- EASY AIR FRYER CRAB CAKE SANDWICHES
- AIR FRYER PITA CHIPS
- AIR FRYER KETO MAPLE BACON CRACK
- EASY AIR FRYER CLASSIC CHICKEN TENDERS (TENDERLOINS)
- AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN WINGS
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI CRISPS
- 2 cups mixed olives, green and black (but you can use all green or all black)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (more if you want them on the spicy side)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fennel seeds
- Add the olives, olive oil, minced garlic, oregano, fennel, red pepper, salt, pepper, and mix well in a large bowl.
- Spread the marinated olives over the air fryer basket or in the air fryer tray.
- Place the tray at the bottom of the air fryer, and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1026mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.