Air Fryer Homemade Snickerdoodle Cookies are amazing! If you love cookies, you will truly love this recipe!
Baked up perfectly in the Air Fryer, these cookies are truly breathtaking!
Soft and Chewy, these are the perfect cookie, and if you love Snickerdoodles, let me tell you there is no better way to make them!
In less than 10 minutes, you can have a fresh batch of cookies that you can share (if you want to) with your family!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Cookie Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOUBLETREE COOKIES, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES, AIR FRYER STARBUCKS CRANBERRY BLISS BARS COPYCAT RECIPE, and AIR FRYER CHRISTMAS BUTTER SPRINKLE COOKIES.
What Is A Snickerdoodle Cookie?
A Snickerdoodle Cookie is a cookie prepared with butter, granulated sugar, salt, and flour and then baked up and rolled in cinnamon and sugar!
They are light cookies with a slight crisp to them, but they are known for being soft and delicious cookies with lots of flavor.
Why is it called a Snickerdoodle?
According to Wikipedia, they are called Snickerdoodles because it comes from the German word, Schneckennudeln, which means snail noodles. No idea how that translated, but obviously, the name stuck.
But at least the name is fun to say!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Homemade Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Cream of Tartar
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
FOR THE FULL RECIPE & INGREDIENT LIST, KEEP ON SCROLLING UNTIL YOU GET TO A RECIPE CARD BELOW–
How To Make Air Fryer Homemade Snickerdoodle Cookies
Start by creaming the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
Then add in the eggs, vanilla, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, mix well.
Mix well, dip the cookies into the sugar/ground cinnamon mixture, roll around, so all sides are covered.
As you make them, place them on a greased air fryer pan or in a greased air fryer basket.
Set the tray in the oven or place the basket back into the air fryer. Set the temperature for 340 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 4 minutes.
How To Keep Snickerdoodle Cookies Soft
There is nothing worse than making a batch of cookies, only to find that they go hard. So, to keep Snickerdoodle Cookies soft, like they are supposed to be, here are some hints:
- Do not overbake them. When they start to harden up, remove them from the air fryer, as they will harden as they cool down.
- Let them sit in the air fryer for a couple of seconds to harden up, then remove.
- Place them into an airtight container or sealable bag to keep them soft. They will keep at room temperature for about 3 days.
Is There A Substitute For Cream Of Tartar?
While we might not all keep cream of tartar on hand, it is a vital ingredient for a true Snickerdoodle cookie.
If you do not have it, you can use lemon juice or white vinegar for it. It will provide the same tangy flavor that a traditional snickerdoodle cookie has.
How To Store Snickerdoodle Cookies?
To keep them soft, you need to transfer them into an airtight container and leave them on the counter.
They will last for about 2 to 3 days before they start to harden.
Can You Freeze Snickerdoodles?
Yes, it’s a great cookie to freeze. They will last between 2 to 3 months in your freezer. To freeze correctly, let them cool to room temperature and then place them in an airtight container.
To use from frozen: Thaw them in the refrigerator or counter, and then consume.
How To Make Cookies In An Air Fryer Basket or Tray
The real key to making cookies lies with parchment paper, which is sold in two forms; depending on which air fryer you own and what your Air Fryer Instructions or manual Recommends,
Some Other Great Air Fryer Cookie Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 cup room temperature butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Then add in the eggs, vanilla, flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, mix well.
- Mix well, Then dip the cookies into the sugar/ground cinnamon mixture., roll around so all sides are covered.
- As you make them, place them on a greased air fryer pan or in a greased air fryer basket. (or use parchment paper)
- Set the tray in the oven or place the basket back into the air fryer, set the temperature for 340 degrees F. for 4 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 182mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g