Today, I made some holiday (Christmas cookies) in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex and Omni (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend it to everyone.
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, Homemade Confetti Cookies
These were my kid’s favorite cookies, That are a knock off of the boxed version, these are really easy to make and they are buttery delicious.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Total Time: 11 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sprinkles/jimmies
- Start by creaming the butter and sugar.
- Then mix in the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, egg, vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of sprinkles to the batter, and knead them in by hand. POur the rest of the sprinkles into a small bowl.
- Spray your air fryer basket or tray with olive oil spray (or use parchment paper)
- Then make small circles and then dip in them into sprinkles. As you dip them place them into the air fryer basket or tray.
- Air fry for 6 minutes at 320 degrees F, they will harden as they cool.
- Plate, and keep on-air frying until you are done with your dough.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer recipes pillsbury cookies in air fryer easy air fryer cookies pre made cookie dough in air fryer refrigerated cookie dough in air fryer pre made cookies in air fryer air fryer cookie cake air fryer sugar cookies