This is a really easy homemade pumpkin cake, made in the air fryer. It has a great flavor and the cream cheese frosting add as great flavor.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (solid)
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons molasses
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 4 ounces room temperature cream cheese
- 1 stick room temperature butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, and ground nutmeg.
- Mix in the canned pumpkin, oil, eggs and molasses, mix well.
- Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a prepared pan (sprayed with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray) Then set into the air fryer for 18-22 minutes at 320 degrees F, (air fryer setting)
- Before you remove the cake, make sure that the cake is fully cooked, by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, or with a few crumbs. The cake is fully cooked, and remove it and let it cool, before icing the cake.
- To make the frosting, mix together the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and milk.
- Ice the cake.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Homemade Pumpkin Cake